This topic is for discussions about campaigns Mumsnet is running or may be planning to run. Go here for other campaigns or petitions.

A Mumsnet Campaign on Rape and Sexual Violence

(128 Posts)
StewieGriffinsMom Fri 21-Oct-11 21:15:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Feb-12 16:47:19

Thanks JosephineB - great suggestions. I've just started a new thread - so we can get straight to the point here any chance you could repost?

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks x

JosephineB Tue 21-Feb-12 13:51:06

Done!

Flower60 Wed 22-Feb-12 18:47:20

Boys in my daughter's catholic secondary regularly simulate masturbation in the classroom. They are 12/13 years old.

We have informed the school and the police believing that this behaviour is an offence and would be dealt with the same as sexual harrassment in the workplace and staffroom of the school.

The school want to deal with this 'in-house' but are totally ineffective and even told the boys which girl had complained.

There is evidence stating that many adult sexual offenders have demonstrated inappropriate sexual behaviour as children and I believe your campaign should be extended to include schools, both primary and secondary, to insist that inappropriate sexual behaviour is reported to the police and that persistent repeat behaviour results in exclusion.

Comments appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now