Understanding teenagers course - Saturday... Any one else going?

(13 Posts)
mrspink27 Fri 04-Oct-13 08:07:17

I am v excited to be child free, enriching myself and meeting other lovely mn'ers on Saturday.

Just wondered if anyone else is going?

meditrina Fri 04-Oct-13 13:41:37

I'm envy

I really liked the look of this one, but is weekend was just impossible for timing.

mrspink27 Fri 04-Oct-13 16:46:17

I cant be the only one... can I? Might be a very intensive day!!!!

mrspink27 Sat 05-Oct-13 19:33:35

Just got back now... it was very intense... Only 12 of us... but what an amazingly interesting day. Thankyou Nicola Morgan and MN... shame no lunch though... sad

meditrina Sat 05-Oct-13 19:58:04

I remain envy

What were the best bits?

mrspink27 Sat 05-Oct-13 20:06:21

So much information, feel absolutley pooped mentally... Can thoroughly recommend Nicola's books from website Blame my teenage brain and Know your brain.

I think for me ... the enormous chemical changes and their effects on behaviour and outlook and the session on sleep hygiene... It was also great to have it reaffirmed that, as a parent, you are not the only one facing "teenage" issues and it helps to share with others face to face. Although MN is great as well!!!

partystress Sat 05-Oct-13 20:08:03

I was there grin. VERY inspirational. Nicola Morgan was authoritative with not a hint of judgey pants about her. Her website and blog look good. Bought her book Blame the Brain, which has a lot of today's stuff in it. Main messages I came away with we're to keep the boundaries, but cut some slack, and to try to be more adult in my dealings with my DCs - not take their ' sub-optimal decisions' so personally. Would thoroughly recommend if MN run it again. Lovely bunch of fellow parents too.

meditrina Sat 05-Oct-13 20:18:39

Ah! I've got the brain books! I hadn't put two and two together.

I'm not very good at dealing with the "sub-optimal" (and all too frequent) decisions, sadly.

mrspink27 Sat 05-Oct-13 20:21:51

Ooooh partystress now wondering which lovely lady (or man- yes there was one!) you were....

I have hugged my DCs lots since I came home... and have suggested that we all read the book (DH especially) - kind of a family book group - which surprisingly was a very popular idea... We are going to implement and strengthen some of the stuff around sleep and screens... and I am officially "Backing off Bedrooms"!!!
grin

partystress Sat 05-Oct-13 21:47:47

Ditto re the hugs... And the wondering who you were! I was the teacher with a yellow DD and DS. Am going to copy your book group idea. Already had a better over dinner conversation than we have had in a while, so seeing benefits already smile

mrspink27 Sat 05-Oct-13 22:10:00

Hmmm... I think I know who you are.... I think I shared the lift down with you at the end?

partystress Sun 06-Oct-13 11:11:35

...and you live somewhere stylish-on-sea??? Ooh, that was my guess!! Feel like I should put on my deerstalker and have a puff of my pipe!! Hope you are on the beach enjoying this fabulous weather.

mrspink27 Sun 06-Oct-13 19:14:19

Hmmm... Maybe... not sure I'd call it stylish... I think you drove?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now