Mumsnet Academy: what other courses would you like to see us put on? Do please tell

(29 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Jan-13 12:56:37

Hello all.

We hope you all know about the Mumsnet Academy and the (modesty be damned) really rather good courses it offers.

In the past few months, we've put on courses on everything from Creative Writing and Freelance Journalism to Ancient Greece and Starting a Business. Our tutors have included, among others, Mary Beard, Kate Mosse, John Briffa, Steve Biddulph, Alain de Botton, Lynne Franks and Bettany Hughes.

And we certainly know, from our inbox, how much those who have been on our courses have appreciated and enjoyed them.

Now PatrickMumsnet, who organises all our Academy courses, is starting work on setting up a new batch of courses, and he's keen to get some inspiration from you folks - as you're the ones we'd hope would sign up in your droves!

So, if you have any ideas/suggestions for courses you'd love to go on, please do post them here.

Roseformeplease Mon 28-Jan-13 22:12:32

Online course in Internet / Cyber safety for families.

Steven Biddulph (sp?) course on raising girls / boys

Moominguru Mon 28-Jan-13 23:01:08

I would love to study something based are Economics - but not necessarily about stock market and government bonds. I recently read the Freakonomics books and found them fascinating. Something along those lines, learning abou incentives and how they really drive people's decisions and actions would appeal to me.

SkaterGrrrrl Tue 29-Jan-13 09:08:10

Feminism please.

EwanHoozami Tue 29-Jan-13 11:57:18

Practical skills - DIY, plumbing, mechanics etc.

<models potential look on Charlene off Neighbours>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now