Any chance of putting some courses on oop norf?

(10 Posts)

I've been looking through the Academy courses and am interested in the writing courses. Prob is that anything in London makes it prohibitively expensive.

With enough notice I can cobble together enough money for the course. However, by the time I’ve added in my train fare, which is around £100 from where I am and two night’s hotel stay as I would have to travel down the night before to get there on time, the cost has changed from £299 to at least £500 + any other expenses, which is bonkers.

Even the cheaper one day courses still cost loads for travel and accommodation, which rules them out – Paying a couple of hundred pounds for a £75 course just doesn’t make sense.

I know there’s sod all chance of having any courses put on in Kendal or Preston, but would Manchester be out of the question?

Pretty please?

happyherdwick Tue 22-Jan-13 12:33:33

...or Carlisle??

Chocolateporridge Tue 22-Jan-13 12:34:25

Or Glasgow...

Carlisle would be good - if I book in advance it only costs me £6.50 to get there grin.

celebmum Tue 22-Jan-13 13:09:36

or Leeds! grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 22-Jan-13 13:15:18

Or Glasgow....

In fact, Carlisle would be better than Manchester for me. It would also be a between point between where I am and Glasgow.

Sorry Leeds, but its a PITA to get to you from the lakes grin

happyherdwick Tue 22-Jan-13 14:13:42

Keema! Everywhere is a PITA to get to from the lakes!!!

Noooo, so long as its near the west coast mainline its fine.

Its just the other 95% of the county that its a real fucker to get to and from.

I know for a fact that I can easily get to Penrith, Oxenholme the Lake District, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan Northwestern, Warrington Bank Quay and London Euston only.

<hasn't sat at Carlisle station so many times she knows all of the stops for the Virgin Pendolino service, honest>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now