A course in internet safety for parents?

(3 Posts)

Hi Mumsnet. There's been a thread on the boards over the weekend whereby a parent has found that despite her best efforts her child has been exposed to some very inappropriate stuff online and has been groomed by a man. The thread has highlighted just how very difficult it is for parents to protect our children online. Lots of posters on the thread have talked about software and apps that can help us keep tabs on our children's internet use but for those of us who are less tech savvy, or simply want to make sure we're ahead of the game I was wondering if Mumsnet Academy could do a course which shows us how these things work and what options and techniques are out there?

BigFatLegsInWoolyTIghts Mon 24-Sep-12 23:30:22

Yes but don't Mumsnet Academy charge? I am not sure about the ethics of a parenting site charging for a course on Internet Safety.

BigFatLegsInWoolyTIghts Mon 24-Sep-12 23:31:51

In fact I am not sure about the ethics of this site charging for any of the courses they offer...they could at least offer bursaries for those on low incomes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now