Scottish MNetters - Social Media Course - for Small Business Owners, and Maternity Leave Returnees

(2 Posts)
LynnCSchreiber Thu 16-Aug-12 19:38:20

On 15th September, I shall be offering a Social Media Course in Perth.

The course is aimed at anyone who wishes to learn about Social Media, whether you run your own small business, or are currently on maternity leave and feel that you have missed out on the development of Social Media.

Perhaps your boss would like you to take care of the company Twitter account, and you are worried how to do this effectively.

My goal is to explain the main Social Media applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn .. and more. You will find out which application is suitable for your business and learn how to use it to promote your work.

Whether you would like to find new customers, or strengthen links to your current customers, Social Media offers an inexpensive and effective alternative to traditional marketing such as print ads or radio ads.

The course is hands-on - with lots of practical demonstrations. You won’t read or hear anything about “synergy” or “maximising your leverage” or any other media geek-speak. You won’t have to re-read a paragraph three times before giving up in disgust.

I promise plain speaking, no nonsense advice that even my mum would understand. ;)

I am a freelance writer who has been working in Social Media for several years. My first book "Learn Twitter in Ten Minutes" is due to be published by Anova Books in September.

In December, I will lead the TEDxWomen Glasgow Twitter team. I blog on my personal blog, and also for the Gates Foundation.

LynnCSchreiber Mon 03-Sep-12 11:18:36

There are still some places left on this course - you can book through MN here

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or ask here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now