Inside Babies Brains talk

(3 Posts)
RandomNumbers Tue 19-Jun-12 00:03:27
PatrickMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Jun-12 14:23:35

rumtumtugger

Just a little review - I went to the first Mumsnet Academy talk at the School of Life in central London. The topic was 'Inside Babies Brains', led by the very approachable Dr. Charles Fernyhough who outlined some key areas in infant neuroscience like the development of consciousness in babies and how/when children form attachments to key figures in their lives. He also commented on his own areas of interest and research such as maternal mind-mindedness (i.e. sensitivity to what your baby is thinking) and how this can affect their development. The cost was fairly high - £35 - but I did eat a lot of cake for that price ;) and get to meet other mums who shared a common interest in something academic like this. I've got the emails of some of them and hopefully we'll keep in touch.
In summary, a very interesting morning out and a chance to hear some current academic thinking applicable to my baby. Would definitely consider going to another session...when I can save up for it!

Hi runtumtugger, thanks for posting. We hope you enjoyed the course - it certainly sounds like you took away some thought-provoking ideas and met people with similar interests. And we're delighted you are keen to attend another one of our courses at some stage. Please keep an eye on our programme and make sure you stay in touch. Best wishes, Patrick

rumtumtugger Mon 18-Jun-12 13:50:24

Just a little review - I went to the first Mumsnet Academy talk at the School of Life in central London. The topic was 'Inside Babies Brains', led by the very approachable Dr. Charles Fernyhough who outlined some key areas in infant neuroscience like the development of consciousness in babies and how/when children form attachments to key figures in their lives. He also commented on his own areas of interest and research such as maternal mind-mindedness (i.e. sensitivity to what your baby is thinking) and how this can affect their development. The cost was fairly high - £35 - but I did eat a lot of cake for that price ;) and get to meet other mums who shared a common interest in something academic like this. I've got the emails of some of them and hopefully we'll keep in touch.
In summary, a very interesting morning out and a chance to hear some current academic thinking applicable to my baby. Would definitely consider going to another session...when I can save up for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now