More stuff on The Mumsnet Academy, including follow-ups on your recent course suggestions and comments on pricing

(53 Posts)
PatrickMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 18-May-12 15:30:44

Hi there,

A couple of weeks back we started a thread announcing the new Mumsnet Academy. You gave us loads of really helpful feedback and we wanted to take this opportunity to tell you what we have been up to since then and how we have responded to your suggestions.

One of the points raised by many was the price issue. We are delighted that there are now a number of courses online at £35 - on everything from Modern Parenting with Alain de Botton to a Susan Qulliam relationship course on Keeping the Spark Alive. Let us know what you think!

We've also arranged a course on Greek History as part of what we hope will become an Ancient Civilization series. The companion course to this will feature Mary Beard: we are still working on the exact date for this one but it looks like it will be late October/early November - we'll keep you posted.

In the pipeline, too, is a course on Feminism with Kat Banyard: we're hoping to have booking details for that one ready early next week, so please keep an eye on the Academy site.

Finally, a number of you told us that you'd like some courses about DIY and car maintenance. We are in discussions about making this happen and hope to have an update soon - hopefully by early June.

As ever, please keep your course suggestions coming and let us know what you think - it is invaluable.

Eglantine175 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:34:06

I would be very interested in having my new courses listed. How do I go about it please? I run an audio transcription company and have been training my own transcribers for nearly 8 years but I have recently put together an audio transcription/work from home course for the general public, details of which are on my website at Manchester Secretarial (www.manchestersecretarial.co.uk).

I have a special offer running for the first group of participants. The full course from beginner to Level III would normally cost £210, which is very competitive, but I am offering places for just £80 as a special launch price and this comes with a free copy of my ebook manual 'The Complete Work from Home Guide to Audio Transcription' and also a free copy of my book 'The Jargon-Free Guide to Good Enough Grammar'.

The course and the manual are designed to instill all the transcription skills necessary and to show you how be set up and earning within a week. The manual can be bought on its own for £29.99 (available at Amazon and eBay) and is designed to do the same job, although unlike the course, the manual obviously does not have live audio practice.

The course is entirely online, can be done at your own pace, and comes with one to one feedback and ongoing individual business support as participants move into self-employment.

It is a great course for an unusually low price. There are actually two courses, one in General Transcription and one in Medical Transcription although the latter is full for the next few weeks, but there are a few places left on the general transcription course.

Can I have my courses listed here? I'm sure mumsnetters would be interested in these opportunities as the transcription industry is very healthy and it is a perfect time to get in. You can get set up in this business for no financial outlay if you have broadband and a PC/laptop and apart from these two resources there are few, if any, overheads, so it is a perfect work from home job. smile

Megfox Wed 20-Mar-13 15:50:59

Why is there so much emphasis on mothers returning to work? What's wrong with staying at home to look after your OWN children, rather than palming- off their care to strangers?

SatsukiKusukabe Mon 01-Apr-13 13:10:32

because some want to megfox? men are allowed to, why can't women? anyway only came on here to ask mumsnet what the advanced vajazzle course will be available, the beginners will be a bit easy for me. I'm a g &t vajazzler

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now