When did your twin bump show?

(48 Posts)
goldenoldie Sat 07-May-05 08:50:43

I'm only 9 weeks and my clothers are tight already. Is this normal for twins or is it just down to me being a greedy cow and stuffing my face?

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 09:14:14

ah I've posted on your other thread. My bump showed immediately.

watso313 Sat 07-May-05 09:42:41

I was so big by the time I went for my 12 week scan I was convinced she was going to tell me I had got my dates wrong and was actually a lot more pregnant than I thought. Instead knocked me for six and announced I was having Twins

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 09:51:30

when are they due watso or have you had them?

watso313 Sat 07-May-05 13:04:44

they are nine months old now boy/girl and a ds who is 3.3yrs

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 13:54:19

how are you finding it? The sense of exhaustion never really leaves does it? My two are about to be 15months. They climb on, under, over everything. They "hide" in small spaces. They run in opposite directions. They are a lot of fun, but taking them to the park is a mini nightmare lol.

watso313 Sat 07-May-05 14:30:13

Still thoroughly whacked. Every time you think youv'e nearly got it sussed somethings changes, routines are up the spout and you're back to square one. Dt2 is crawling every where and has now taken to screaming the house down when she comes up against a babygate or a sette thats blocking the stairs (run out of gates as she keeps finding new places to go). Dt1 just sits and watches everything and show not the slightest bit of interst in wanting to crwal. Ds is incredibley loud and he and Dt2 scream at each other constanlty (how you can agrue with a 9 month old baby is beyond me but he manages it).Its amazing how busy my friends have been these last 9 months!! My house is turning into a mad one and I think everyone has given up on trying to have a normal conversation with me. Somewhere in a different universe Im sure I might have spoken about something other than the kids and I do seem to remember a time when I could use the bathroom in peace. Maybe one day if Im really good I may be allowed to go back there. Oh and why do all your friends think it's hilarious to say " ha next time it will be triplets"?

tiffini Sat 07-May-05 14:39:04

join tamba they do some great books so you can follow week by week what to expect.

mum2twins Sat 07-May-05 14:44:23

definately showed by 12 weeks had a problem hiding it before announcing to work etc.

Kelly1978 Sun 08-May-05 12:22:16

I was still in my jeans until 5 months, only had a little bump then all of a sudden it ballooned and it seemed that overnight I was massive. Left me with terrible stretch marks too, so you're prob better off showing earlier!

TwoIfBySea Sun 08-May-05 18:24:10

Goldenoldie I looked full term from 4 1/2 months onward! People kept asking me when I was due and then just stared in disbelief when I said. I would then tell them it was twins and they would scare the bejesus out of me by saying how big they must be!

It was only the way they were lying that made it look so big. Dst were born 3 1/2 years ago weighing just over 5lb each but still that is over 10lb worth of baby in there! They had long limbs though. Just wait until you start seeing hand and foot prints and even the heads and bums as they move, that is a wee while in the future but something for you to look forward to!

bubble99 Sun 08-May-05 22:32:57

At my 12 week booking appointment I was measuring 20 weeks. Definately felt movement a lot earlier than with my singletons too.

toomanypushchairs Sun 08-May-05 22:37:32

Still wore my ordinary clothes until 20weeks, then all hell broke loose. However was my slimmest in the dt's pregnancy than with my first 2. Went into hospital at 37wks for the c-section wearing an ordinary pair of size 14 elasticated waist trousers, was very pleased considering the amount of stodgy cakes and puddings I ate!

singyswife Sun 08-May-05 22:38:30

Bubble 99, how many kids do you have?

bubble99 Sun 08-May-05 23:41:00

singyswife. I have 3 boys, one of my twins died during labour

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 03:22:38

My friend was showing by 12 weeks. She was 3 months behind me in pregnancy but when I was full term and she was 6 months she was bigger ... and I was HUGE!!!!
Her twins were born at 37 weeks ... one was 6lbs 1 and the other was 6lbs 12 ... poor thing was just the biggest pregnant thing in pregnant town!

throckenholt Mon 09-May-05 07:29:08

I honestly can't remember ! But I think it is pretty common to show early with twins - I don't think overating could do the same thing in such a short time

4kids Fri 13-May-05 17:42:08

I showed straight away by the time i was about 4months i looked full term dt's were born 3months prem both weighing 3lb docs said if i went full term dt's would of been between 7 & 7 1/2lb.

goldenoldie Sun 15-May-05 09:01:06

I'm only 10 and a half weeks and I'm showing. Think I will have to spill the beans when I get to 12 weeks.

How do they measure your fundal height?

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 10:29:39

I don't think they measure your fundal height. Because it is classed as a high risk pregnancy you will be seen more regularly and have lots of scans. Make sure that you get all your checks.

Kelly1978 Sun 15-May-05 10:37:14

I never had my fundal height measured with twins, jsut regular scans to check growth, and consultant care - so hospital trips for every check up.

goldenoldie Sun 15-May-05 17:47:55

Don't know about extra care - my first appointment for 'booking-in' won't be till I am over 13 weeks.

When I rang, spoke to the head midwife, and pointed out my age (I'm over 40), the fact that it is twins, and that I lost a baby a year ago (at term), and thus I thought my clinical need required an earlier appintment and closer care I was told I just have to wait my turn - nice.

Kelly1978 Sun 15-May-05 22:44:34

THe midwife didn't sound very sympathetic, but I would try not to worry. It's towards then end that they tend to keep a closer eye on you I think. After 20 weeks I had to be seen a lot more regularly and have growth scans, etc.
Sorry to hear about your loss last year.

jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 20:46:01

My bump was showing from 6 weeks, a few days b4 my 1st scan and i found out it was twins

got very big very quick

goldenoldie Fri 10-Jun-05 09:11:58

Have to say ladies on here were right. I have been in maternity clothes from 10 weeks!

Meeely2 Fri 10-Jun-05 13:14:45

Mine showed by about 12 weeks I think when we found out it was twins - I'm not a big girl anyway, so we assumed that was the reason, there was nowhere else for baby to go other than outwards, little did we know at 12 week scan we'd see two and I was in fact only 10w 5days preggers apparently, according to size.

After that I ballooned, gave birth at 29weeks, but looked full term - HUGE!

jambo1707 Fri 10-Jun-05 18:48:29

mine were 29 weekers too.

Scary stuff eh?

MarsLady Fri 10-Jun-05 18:51:59

hi girls. Just a quick hijack. I've posted on the wanted boards. I'm looking for some freebies. I know a girl who gave birth to prem twins, she's completely skint and has PND. I'm looking to get some tiny clothes for her b/g twins. I'm bagging up what I have and wondered if you'd mind sending me some. Don't worry if you don't want to, but I thought I'd be cheeky and ask.

FrumpyGrumpy Tue 14-Jun-05 21:28:05

Hey Mars, mine were born 41 weeks (!!!) so I didn't have much tiny stuff. All my smallest stuff has been given away already but does she need other stuff?

AngelCakeUmm Tue 14-Jun-05 21:48:56

Well i am 9 weeks and i can not fit in my jeans anymore and its not down to food as i have no appetite as i have been suffering very very bad pregnancy symtoms. I don't think i am having twins and to be honest i hope i am not as i don't think i could cope with it as i also have a nearly 3 yr old, how did you fond out you were expecting twins so early goldenoldie??? Congratulations by the way

MarsLady Tue 14-Jun-05 21:56:10

hi FG. Probably, but I thought I'd sort the clothes first. Thanks

sallystrawberry Tue 14-Jun-05 21:58:21

I shouldnt be posting here as I dont have twins but
my sis does and before she had her first scan I remember telling her whilst we were out shopping that her bump was big and I thought it might be twins so that must of been pretty early on.

goldenoldie Tue 14-Jun-05 21:59:43

Angel - I had a bleed at 6 weeks and had an emergency scan!

jess1996 Sun 04-Feb-07 20:43:32

Thought I'd bump this up as I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins, but no sign of a bump yet. Is this normal?

I didn't show at all at 10 weeks jess. I had my 'booking in' then and heard the heartbests but thought there was only 1.

By 14 weeks I was massive and at 6 months I couldn't fit behind the steering wheel and looked 9 months. I gained 5 stone and had a face like a dinner plate.

Its all worth it though, my two are 6 and they are fun and love itself.

Congratulations to all mums to be of twins. you LUCKY people.

carly20 Mon 05-Mar-07 16:55:06

i didnt show until 18weeks i had no bump then all of a sudden my belly just grew and by 24weeks i was like a full term singleton dont wish your bump is there too much beacause it soon blossoms xx

Twinmummyx2 Fri 23-Mar-07 12:58:08

I think it depends on the shape of mum a lot dosen't it..i read somewhere that the shorter you are the bigger and earlier your bump will be....when you are taller there is more room for baby(ies) to hide!

I am 5'6 and i had a noticable bump at around 12 weeks. I definately felt them move earlier than my singletons too.

My first set were born at 38 weeks by c-section as they were transverse and breech (stretched both ways) weighing 6lb 13 and 7lb 12.

My second set were born at 40 weeks as there was no sign of labour starting so had c-section again and they weighed 7lb 5 1/2 and 7lb 12.

me.x

dingdongjustforyoufg Fri 23-Mar-07 13:02:52

jess I didn't start to show until about 15-16 weeks and am 5'7. Are they your first? this may make a difference, mine were my first (and last!) and spot on growth wise until the week before they were born, wk 35 at 4lb2 and 4lb6

tigerlily1980 Fri 23-Mar-07 23:11:37

I didn't show at all until I was about 16 weeks (was my first pregnancy though). Then I went through a stage where I just looked chunky with a huge chest, but by 28 weeks I looked full term. I think I put on about 4 stone, but I did stop weighing myself near the end as I couldn't see the reading on the scales.

Congratulations to all those pregnant with twins, mine are 4 years old now and I'd love to have twins again!!

MarsLady Fri 23-Mar-07 23:13:10

The question is... when didn't it show? Sigh.................. Still showing now and they are 3!

sleepysooz Thu 19-Apr-07 23:48:09

I showed at 10 weeks and looked full term at 5 months, so when it came to 9 months, I just seemed to shuffle along looking like humpty dumpty

elsa07 Tue 17-Jul-07 22:32:20

Gosh! Everyone is saying how early they're showing with twins and it's making me nervous!

I'm 7 months gone with identical twins and still I've only got a tiny bump, I can still hide the fact that I'm pregnant! The scans have shown that they're healthy though, so maybe I should stop panicking

Hi ya I showed at 10 weeks,but saying that I wasnt too big for having twins,even went to 39 + 6,but they look like they are still there now 5 years later,so enjoy yourself and stuff your face x

isittwins Wed 03-Jul-13 13:43:22

This is my fourth pregnancy and Im currently 7wks 4 days according to the doctor, I havent yet had booking in appointment but Ive a noticable baby bump even lying down (never had this until at least 14wks with previous pregnancies). I'm positive Ive felt flutters too, could this be twins? The wait is driving me insane, 9 days before 1st appt!!

MultipleMama Wed 03-Jul-13 14:03:13

I started showing around 8 weeks. I'm now 18w and look massive.

Around 14 weeks.

Franykins Fri 05-Jul-13 15:16:24

At 7 weeks I was in maternity jeans (I put it down to bloating) then found out at 12 weeks it is twins. I really popped out at 11 weeks though and now at 19 I am rather big! I've put on a bout a stone but it is all on my bump/belly. Was a size 14/16 to begin with but have gained about 5 inches round my bump. Apparently from behind I don't look pg though, but I am almost as big as my friend who is due in 3 weeks. She has been told to expect a very small baby though and is measuring 5 weeks less hmm I'm loving my bump though grin and if anyone says anything to me I just say have you carried twins? Although they are my first so who knows what I would have looked like with a singleton? Probably the same as I'm in love with cake atm!

karenmec Wed 05-Nov-14 07:20:41

So glad to have found this thread. I have a 14 yo son and found out yesterday I am 6-7 weeks pregnant with twins. I have lost a little weight but had been complaining to my oh that my trousers were feeling snug around my tummy. Dreading the "huge" stage everyone is talking about. I am already overweight (had managed to lose weight beforehand) but I am only 5' tall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now