Help please - newborn twin prams!!!

(14 Posts)
MumofthreeandBean Thu 24-Nov-16 20:01:20

Just found out we are having twins!

Been looking at prams, I really don't want a side by side and I can't afford £800!

I don't like the graco stadium duo.

What other choices do I have? Have seen the kids largo duellette, can anyone recommend??

What do/did you have??

Thanks x

neversleepagain Thu 24-Nov-16 22:32:57

Honestly, tandem buggies (imo) are pretty crap.

I had an icandy which I hated! I got rid of it when my twins were 16 months and got a Out and About Nipper. It is a great buggy, light and easy to push. We never had problems fitting through doors and on the bus. They are really affordable too and you can pick them up for around £100 second hand.

The majority of twins mums I know (and I know a lot!) have a Nipper.

Teds77 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:43:31

Honestly do reconsider a side-by-side. Nipper or BJCM or Mountain Buggy tend to be the ones I see the most of. You should be able to pick most up second hand.

minipie Thu 24-Nov-16 22:48:12

Out n about nipper is a fab buggy. So easy to push. I have a phil and teds navigator tandem as well but much prefer the nipper (as do the dcs).

minipie Thu 24-Nov-16 22:50:56

Nipper outlet page www.outnabout.com/offers/ has a reduced double if you don't want second hand

MumofthreeandBean Fri 25-Nov-16 03:54:32

Thankyou, funny I was totally against a side by side but now after having a look I do like the nipper and a couple of others.

user1480246009 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:31:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mothertotwins Sun 27-Nov-16 11:50:17

We have a tandem one (egg) but only because it's the only one that will fit through the ridiculously skinny front door- which is VITAL!

I would love to have a side by side nipper- it's definitely the most popular one in our twins club.
Good luck!

Lolarosie09 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:10:38

Have to agree with the last comment on the peach, I had one for my girls and my sister has one for her twin boys. I great compact pushchair that is easy to use and really good looking.

Artandco Sun 27-Nov-16 19:14:08

The icandy is tiny though for bigger children. Almost everyone seems to swapnit once children 18 months. I can't imagine x2 3 year olds fitting in for example if needed

The mountain buggy duet is narrowest side by side, but the nipper is cheaper and lighter

OohNoDooEy Sun 27-Nov-16 19:14:17

Baby jogger city select. Check out eBay.

eeyore2 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:25:29

I spent loads on an uppababy vista. It was amazing for 9 months and then it just became really really heavy to push around. Any kind of uphill walk became miserable. I ended up getting a second hand city mini side-by-side and I'm really happy with it. It goes through almost all doors and it's so much lighter and easier to use.

MumofthreeandBean Mon 28-Nov-16 07:23:24

Thankyou, I can't stretch to an egg or vista or icandy im afraid, I have too much to buy as starting from scratch-the mountain buggy duet and the nipper are the two I think I will look at.
Thankyou for all the help x

user1481213889 Thu 08-Dec-16 16:21:14

I have an iCandy for my little one and there is loads of room, she came out of the carrycot at 6 months and still fits in beautifully. Unlike some of the other brands it takes up to 25kg. Easy to fold and will be able to keep it for my second as I can upgrade it to a double so easily. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now