Jealousy

(2 Posts)
looby2803 Fri 02-Sep-16 07:17:42

Hi all, desperate for some advice.

My twins are 17mo.

In recent weeks the younger of the two (who has always been slightly more demanding from birth) has started being really possessive over me, he will pull and push his db if he's having cuddles or been read a story etc, he even gets jealous of nappy changes.

I have tires on every occasion to make him aware that it's not acceptable but I know he's too young to fully understand.

Any ideas how I can help this, I know most kids go through phases like this but my ds1 is getting upset every time his brother hits him etc

Iwantagoonthetrampoline Fri 02-Sep-16 16:48:24

We went through this phase too, it's exhausting and horrible. It will pass eventually, sounds like you are doing really well :-) Distraction with a favourite toy or something like my keys or remote control sometimes worked. Or finding them something to 'help' with like getting a nappy out of the packet. Have you tried looking on the tamba website? I seem to recall there was a leaflet to download on this sort of thing. I know they recommend having regular 1:1 time with each twin but that's easier said than done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now