Just saying hello

(5 Posts)
fluentinsarcasm Tue 30-Aug-16 23:14:02

Hi everyone, my DIL is due to have twins in January. To say I'm out of the loop is an understatement, they will be the first babies in the family for 27 years!
My DS works away so I will be her helping her lots when he returns to work and it's nice to know there is support out there.
I've already read some great advice and feel a lot calmer.
Apologies in advance for any daft questions but things have changed so much...you have car seats now!!!
Right, I'll get back to trying to decipher all the different types of twin pregnancies!

sixinabed Tue 30-Aug-16 23:17:20

Congrats smile
My twins are nearly 5 now but I well remember the whirlwind of their babyhoods!

Surf25 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:48:42

Congratulations! Exciting times! I am 20 weeks with identical twins. How far on is your dil? I have found the ultrasonographer, midwives and obstetricians really helpful so far with providing information. Have you heard of TAMBA (Twins and multiple births association) you can just Google it and register and there is loads of info there!
All the best!

fluentinsarcasm Wed 31-Aug-16 23:50:18

Hi Surf25 and sixinabed
Congrats to you too. It is very exciting and scary!
She is 15 wks with fraternal twins, (she is one too (brother) We are holding our breath at the moment as there might be a possible 3rd hiding behind a twin.

Trying not to think about it too much, I've only just got my head around twins. Triplets makes me hyper-ventilate!
Yes I saw TAMBA on here , we will be registering.
All the best to you too, I will let you know the outcome!

ElodieS Wed 21-Sep-16 10:43:46

Hi there fluent and congratulations Surf!

My DTs are 4 now and it's a wild and crazy journey but will be such a benefit to your DiL and DGCs to have such a caring and helpful MiL and DGP! How is the pregnancy going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now