Joint birthday card

(8 Posts)
timeforheroes Sun 31-Jul-16 08:55:55

AIBU? I just don't think it's on. They are 2 separate children. They are too young to care, I get that, but I just think it's lazy. It's immediate family, not a friend.

triplets Tue 02-Aug-16 08:45:28

Its NOT on, it used to happen to my three. Its their own birthday, they should have their own cards. Its not as though cards are expensive these days, card factory do 8 for a pound!

ElodieS Tue 02-Aug-16 10:20:15

I agree! Particularly with cards. DTs often get shared gifts, especially larger items from close family like a rocking horse, outdoor play equipment etc, which is fine by me, but I think with cards it's just a bit mean. They're cheap and chips anyway, so I don't think it's too much to ask.

timeforheroes Tue 02-Aug-16 15:14:34

Cheers for the replies, was wondering if I was being a bit precious!

FeelingSmurfy Tue 02-Aug-16 15:20:50

Not on at all

I would leave it a few weeks and then bring up how much they really like having their own things even though they are only young etc, not mentioning cards but just talking generally. Even comment on you hate them being treated as one, called the twins instead of own names etc

If it happened again I would mention it directly, Thankyou but...

timeforheroes Wed 03-Aug-16 08:24:51

Great advice Smurfy. It's DH's sibling so feel like it'd be better for him to mention but he has zero tact. grin
I will mention the individuality aspect in passing though, thank you.

doodlejump1980 Wed 10-Aug-16 21:43:25

Next time send a card back on their next birthday saying "dear siblings" and say "oh I thought this was a thing now?" ;)

sidonie1 Tue 16-Aug-16 15:39:38

I don't really agree if they're too young to notice. It seems like a 'thing' people get upset about, and I do understand the issue, but pretty 'first world'. What about being grateful someone remembered/bothered at all? (From a family where I'm just grateful if anyone remembers any of my children's birthdays - cards or presents - they're terrible at remembering and it's inconsistent, so have to teach kids all to be grateful if they're given anything. Twins just two so maybe my opinion will change as they're more aware).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now