Birthday party invites query - do you get less of them with multiples?

(5 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Sun 03-Jul-16 11:46:57

Asking in here as you guys are likely to be the best to know this one (even though it may seem completely random).

I've got two girls, not twins, but with under 11 months age gap between them (that thing about waiting ages for a bus springs to mind). Although they just squeak into separate years academically, they're at the same preschool at the moment where the kids get put into age groups for some stuff but generally all mooch around together a lot of the time.

Just noticed DD1 is being slightly excluded from the birthday party invitations that are going around, from kids I'd expect her to have been invited by (that she plays with lots etc) and I'm trying to work out if it's her being a bit full-on and socially immature (which a combination of input and time can work on) or if people are avoiding inviting her because they feel obliged to invite DD2 as well with the associated costs?

Not going all mumzilla over it - just trying to figure out what the dynamics are going on - so thought I'd ask in here to see if you guys had experienced this as my age gap is really quite on the uncommon side!

BearFeet Fri 15-Jul-16 14:29:13

I wouldn't worry at this age at all what happens with invites. Once they start school they will be in different years, different classss and have different friends. At pre school I'd just go with the flow.
My b/g twins are in reception, different classes. They rarely get invited to the same party.

neversleepagain Sat 16-Jul-16 12:00:54

Mine are in pre school and are both invited to the same parties. Most of the time one invitation each.

eyebrowsonfleek Sat 16-Jul-16 12:03:31

Are her friends boys by any chance? Some parents only invite children who are the same gender as their child.

PollyCoddle Sat 16-Jul-16 12:15:07

I found preschool invitations were completely random. Variables included: kids go on only some of the same days, parents pick up at the same time so get friendly, kids talk about different friends each day, you have to draw the line somewhere etc.

I know you're not being precious but try not to worry. They'll soon be in the inviting the whole class drama of reception.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now