Baby B behind in growth..

(5 Posts)
twopinkkittens Wed 17-Feb-16 11:08:43

Just after some hand holding/advice please.

I am 32 and this is my first pregnancy and I am pregnant with MCDA twins.

Had 20 week scan last Friday and my ID girls are looking good albeit Baby B is 14% behind her sister.

My consultant checked their cord blood flows and both were good. The fluid was normal for both - apart from Baby B being a few mm smaller in all measurements.

My consultant said she wanted to scan me in 2 weeks time and she would only start to become somewhat concerned once it reached 15%.

Could this be TTTS - or Growth restriction?

Baby B has always been a few days behind Baby A.

What can I expect from now on? I have been eating/drinking more protein and meats and calcium.

Thank you

Cadenza1818 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:45:15

Hi no medical advice but totally hand holding! I've got mcda boys. One was always behind in growth and was born 2lb lighter and is still slightly smaller but all ok. They're 6 now grin I had fortnightly scans all the way through. Keep calm and rest
Congratulations!

chillipopcorn1 Sun 21-Feb-16 07:01:01

Hi -
Congrats on your twins!
I was told yesterday my DCDA twins also have discordant growth (23 weeks). Twin 1 is measuring 15% smaller (although they are still both within normal parameters). My doctor has prescribed me l-arginine tablets. Apparently it's an amino acid. My quick google research shows that it's been shown to improve fetal growth (although not sure how it would know which twin's growth to increase IYSWIM?). He also said they officially worry when the discrepancy is 25% and that's when they may consider an earlier delivery, and that it's perfectly normal for babies to have growth spurts at slightly different times in the womb. I hope this is useful and I'm sure yours ill be absolutely fine - monitoring is key xx

twopinkkittens Sun 21-Feb-16 11:05:31

Ladies thank you for replying. That's really interesting chilli popcorn. Will mention this to my consultant. Xx

slightlyinsane Tue 23-Feb-16 10:46:10

I've got mcma girls. My twin 1 was always smaller, a lb at birth. She still is the smaller of the two now, 2ish lbs I think.
Growth discordance doesn't necessarily mean ttts especially if fluids etc are ok.
Igur or sigur are a more likely diagnosis but it's a waiting game. From 24 weeks they should also be checking for TAPS form ttts , you may need to tell them to do this. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now