More feeding issues anyone any experience?

(2 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Wed 19-Aug-15 15:28:29

I know it seems i am constantly writing threads about feeding and i am sorry for this but HV is useless. First i was nervous my twins were only taking 4 feeds in 24hours due to sleeping so much and only having around 20/24 oz.....

NOW.... they will be 12 weeks this friday and can actually feed them 5 times a day as they are more awake problem being they scream for their bottle like they are starving. I make 6oz bottles as usual but they only take 2/3oz wind them try again then they start gagging and crying and turning away. It's like this every feed. Both suffer from silent reflux so are having infant gaviscon is it possible this could make things worse?! Could they just get used to it and it doesn't work? It takes them ages to calm down after feeds. Crying a lot of the time. I'm at my wits end. I lift their moses baskets on an angle etc hold them upright after feeding would an "anti reflux" formula be more appropriate than gaviscon?

neversleepagain Wed 19-Aug-15 21:04:43

To be honest, Gaviscon is pretty useless and I would ask for different medication if it is indeed silent reflux.

One of my twins was spent 3 days in hospital and was diagnosed with silent reflux at 5 weeks. She was on Domperidone and Omeprazole which worked well.

Try to wind after each ounce of milk and keep them upright for 30 minutes after each feed. Keep their cots elevated at their heads, I used books to prop their cots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now