Twins Daytime Naps

(3 Posts)
ATwins Tue 23-Jun-15 13:09:33

I have twin girls, 5 months old but corrective age 3 months. They are on a good 4 hourly feeding routine but I am struggling to get them to nap at the same time.

I am looking for any tips to help me do this as I'm getting exhausted with the constant attention they need when awake and barely get a minute to eat lunch most days. One is a much better napper than the other and will go down for about an hour, the other seems to catch 10 mins here and there then get really cranky. Any tips what has worked for others would be much appreciated.

Magicalmrmistofeles Wed 24-Jun-15 13:11:20

Where are they napping? For the first year mine were cot refusers for naps so they napped in vibrating chairs which would send them both off at the same time, or in the pram which also sent them both to sleep.

toomuchtooold Mon 29-Jun-15 15:13:57

I had one good napper and one shocker too. I had the opposite of magical in that mine napped better in their cots than out of them! At about the age yours are, I started putting mine down for naps in their bedroom in pitch darkness (tinfoil on the window) with some white noise sound playing and dummies and swaddling, and they slept really well like that. Until theyt were 4 months corrected I would just put them down as and when they looked tired which meant that by the end of the day sometimes they were taking it in turns to sleep smile At 4 months corrected there was a bit more leeway in terms of, they could be tired for 10 minutes and not get really annoyed - so then I started them in a routine of up at 7, morning nap at 9, up at 10, lunchtime nap at 12.30, let them wake up naturally at half 2 or so, and then last nap in the buggy at about 4.30 to 5 (I'd go to the supermarket and walk home through the park).

I think your basic two strategies are nap in the buggy or nap in the cot. Of course it depends what your babies prefer but if you want to be out and about a lot, try the buggy. If like me you enjoy having the time to relax/do other stuff, napping in the cot is what you want. It will come - 3 months is about the worst as they no longer drop off to sleep easily like newborns but they still need LOADS of sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now