TAMBA membership

(8 Posts)
quesadillas Sun 24-May-15 13:38:14

Hi,

Did you all join TAMBA? Is it worth it? And when is best to join? We've had the 20 week scan now, and all looks good so looking to get organised, and the discounts and message boards would be handy. But I just have the slight feeling of dread that I'll start organising myself and something awful will happen. Silly, I know....

andadietcoke Sun 24-May-15 13:43:48

I was exactly the same. It meant that I missed out on the tamba antenatal course because it got booked up though and I always regretted it! I didn't join until I was about 30 weeks in the end.

So far I've used the discount at mothercare to buy the buggy, frugi, JoJo maman bebe and a couple of independent baby clothes places.

neversleepagain Mon 25-May-15 09:13:58

The membership is £2.25 a month. We are members so we can support an organisation that does a lot of families of multiples more than the discounts it offers. The discounts are helpful too smile

We use the Clark's discount, you get 10% off in Mothercare if you spend over £100, this is great for big purchases like car seats and prams. If you bought a Donkey in Mothercare you would get it £200 cheaper with your Tamba card. The JoJo Mamam 20% discount is my favourite. Separate from Tamba, there is a £20 voucher for Pampers nappies from Proctor and Gamble which you can claim when babies are born.

I joined around 20 weeks. The chat boards aren't as busy as they used to be but if you read past posts there is so much information from twin parents. A lot of us have moved to a Facebook page called Multipals. If you want to be added pm me.

slightlyinsane Tue 26-May-15 21:49:37

Definitely worth it like neversleepagain said, supporting a great cause for multiples.
The Discount is a bonus, mothercare don't advertise the fact you get 5% off under £100

JemFinch Wed 27-May-15 14:54:19

Same as neversleep - im a member as it supports the organisation, I don't really use any of the discounts or anything. The magazine was interesting in the early years, it os quite heavily biased towards babies.

I was booked on the antenatal course but mine put in a surprise appearance the weekend I was booked on - so my advice would be book early!

Tftpoo Fri 29-May-15 10:39:00

We're members and joined when I was pregnant. I found their online info about pregnancy and birth really useful and the Mothercare and JoJo discounts have been well used. Like others have said, I also like to support an organisation that supports multiple families. Their campaigns and research (e.g. recent ones into twin growth charts and TTTS) are also well worth supporting IMO as they will hugely benefit new families with multiples. I went on the breastfeeding course and would totally recommend it if you're thinking about breastfeeding - it was perfectly tailored to parents expecting multiples and covered how to establish feeding if your twins were prem or in NICU (both of which applied to us).

quesadillas Tue 02-Jun-15 10:42:08

We joined over the weekend and received membership details today. I can see what a valuable information resource it'll be. I have no clue whatsoever about looking after twins, so hoping some of their guidance will prove helpful.

neversleepagain that Facebook group sounds interesting. Can I just check, is it a closed/secret group? We've not told everybody that we're having twins, so if I were to join, I wouldn't want things showing up so that friends could see it.

neversleepagain Tue 02-Jun-15 12:06:08

It is a secret group, you do need proof of twins though. Tamba membership will be ok too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now