First consultant appointment with twin pregnancy

(6 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 19-May-15 09:22:51

Hello,

I have this scheduled in this week. I'm 15 weeks with dcda twins and have had one uncomplicated vaginal birth before. What should I expect from this appointment?

Thanks very much.

neversleepagain Tue 19-May-15 14:03:47

Not much! The midwife will check your blood pressure, consultant will stride in, flick through your notes, mumble under his breath then stride out!

No birth options will be discussed until 34 weeks or if you insist on talking about it at 32 weeks

KingOfTheStupids Tue 19-May-15 14:15:34

I just had my blood pressure and urine checked by the nurse, then my consultant did a scan to check all was well.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 19-May-15 14:26:44

I figured there wouldn't be any birth talk so was wondering what the point would be. I'm medically very boring as well (not that I would like to be medically interesting!).

Be lovely to have a scan though!

quesadillas Tue 19-May-15 17:39:52

Not a lot happened at mine. Blood pressure check, he explained all the various features specific to dcda twins and had a quick scan. The birth was mentioned, but only briefly, and possibly only because I had a tricky birth last time.

2015isgoingtobeBIG Tue 19-May-15 18:07:38

Another vote for 'not a lot'. No scan, run through of my boring medical history and the risk factors associated with it being twins. Briefest of mentions about birth options-ie they will be discussed at 32 weeks-and not much else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now