Feeling really rough - what to do about work?

(3 Posts)
jammiecat Sun 26-Jan-14 19:41:24

I'm 29 weeks with DCDA twins and have been feeling progressively more unwell over the last few weeks. I'm not sleeping very well, have a permanent backache, permanent heartburn and regular aches at the top of my bump. I only work 3 days a week (although also have a 3.5 year old on my days off) and I'm really struggling. Up to now work have been really supportive but I was told last week that I will be receiving some work this week I will need to complete before I finish and although I have 4 days left I will only have a day to do it due to other commitments which is making me feel really under pressure. I was already worrying how I was going to make it through the last 4 days given how unwell I am feeling. I do need to clear my desk and want to finish a couple of things off which I could do tomorrow but was considering seeing my GP on tuesday and ask to be signed off my last week if I still feel the same but this feels so calculated and I feel guilty about not seeing it through to the end. I know work will be really unimpressed and I don't want to let them down but having spent most of today feeling unwell I don't know what else to do. 29 weeks feels so early to be throwing in the towel and I'm really not sure what to do. I'm sorry this is so long but can anyone offer any advice to help me decide what to do? Thanks.

Twinsplusonesurprise Sun 26-Jan-14 23:06:52

Oh dear it sounds quite horrid. I think you should put yourself and your babies first. It sounds like you need a rest and 29 weeks, with twins (?) is hard work let alone with a toddler too.
Do as much work as you can before you go but don't worry and stress, it won't do you any favours.

jammiecat Mon 27-Jan-14 18:30:31

Thanks for your helpful message. Having had a really hard day at work today even with leaving early I've decided I've done all I can. I have an appointment for tomorrow with my GP and hopefully she'll sign me off for my last 3 days so I can rest. At least then I might have a chance coping with my 2 days alone with my DS. I think this will be better for me and the babies rather than spending he last few days stressing about getting this extra work they want me to do. My manager will just have to find someone else to do it, which is what she should have done to start with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now