how many weeks were your mcda twins born at?

(14 Posts)
Franchini Thu 02-Jan-14 22:40:50

Was it natural, induced, c section? And how much did they weigh?
I'm 27 weeks now and they will induce me at 36 weeks unless they come of their own accord before hand! (Which I'm sort of hoping that they do!)
Thanks ladies.

RedPencils Thu 02-Jan-14 22:46:50

34 weeks.
I wasn't very well and they thought one of them wasn't growing enough.
I had a c section as DT1 was breech.
They were both just over 4lb.

Yamagirl Thu 02-Jan-14 22:51:34

36 weeks and 3 days. Planned c section as they had mild TTTS. One just over 6 lbs and one just under. I was glad to get to 28 weeks so it was a miracle to get to almost term. Good luck, best thing to ever happen to me! Crazy times but so rewarding.

Twicethehugs Fri 03-Jan-14 09:39:00

One day before 38 weeks, I was induced and it was the longest they'd let me go. I was really surprised because I'd heard so much about the likelihood of them being early! Ended up having an emergency CS as one twin was showing signs of distress. One was just under and one just over 5 lb, we all spent 5 days in hospital, they were in SCBU but nothing serious I.e. a bit of jaundice, low blood sugar etc. good luck with it all. Mine are 11 months now and so lovely (might be a bit biased on this obviously!) - early days are a bit of a blur but it's lovely when they start smiling

TulipMrsB Fri 03-Jan-14 16:17:44

Mine were born at 34 weeks with a planned csection. They were worried about the growth of one of them. They were 1760 and 1920 kg. They spend 11 days in scbu. They are 13 weeks today and doing really well. Good luck!

barelyaware Sun 05-Jan-14 10:33:35

Mine were born 2 weeks earlier than planned, at 35 weeks instead of 37, as I went into spontaneous labour. They were going to either induce or carry out a c-section at 37 weeks, dependent on whether twin 2, who was breech, turned round.

As it happens, when I got to the hospital, both twins were head down so I had a natural delivery, although ventouse was needed for twin 1. One weighed 5 and a half pounds and the other just under 5. One twin was in SCBU for 36 hours for low glucose level and both had to go under sunlamps for jaundice.

They are 10 months old now and thriving; it's hard to believe they were ever so small and fragile!

Good luck!

twinnies26 Mon 06-Jan-14 11:54:53

Scheduled section at 34 weeks as they were twin to twin transfusion babies, laser at 17 weeks. Never thought would get to 34weeks,had steroids at 26 weeks. Both 3.6lbs but DT1 was unwell at first and became a tiny 2lbs 8! They were about a month in NICU and SCBU. Good luck with rest of pregnancy!

SoonToBeSix Tue 07-Jan-14 22:46:08

Franchini am also 27 weeks being induced/ c section at 36 weeks. Are you having boys or girls? Whereabouts in the country are you?

Cheerymum Tue 07-Jan-14 22:53:59

37+1 elective section. Concern about differential growth from 31 weeks, but the littley one picked up on subsequent scans. I would have loved a vaginal delivery, but my consultant wasn't at all keen on induction, I didn't labour spontaneously by 37 weeks and with hindsight there was probably a tiny bit of TTT going on, so I'm glad we didn't risk a labour. No special care needed, breastfeeding was fine.
Good luck to those of you who are multiple mums in waiting - it's awesome! Especially when they smile at each other!

Franchini Sun 12-Jan-14 10:01:39

hi soon to be.
I'm having girls. can't wait really fed up of being this big now and knowing it's only going to get bigger lol! I'm in South Wales, where are you?
it's not long to go now though is it? only 8 weeks. I'm finishing work in 3 weeks time thank goodness.

Franchini Sun 12-Jan-14 10:02:08

hi soon to be.
I'm having girls. can't wait really fed up of being this big now and knowing it's only going to get bigger lol! I'm in South Wales, where are you?
it's not long to go now though is it? only 8 weeks. I'm finishing work in 3 weeks time thank goodness.

Franchini Sun 12-Jan-14 10:02:17

hi soon to be.

SoonToBeSix Sun 12-Jan-14 20:03:18

I am having girls too, I live in Liverpool shame it's not nearer would have been nice too meet up. I donthinknthe pregnancy has gone quickly but I am quite fed up and uncomfortable.

SoonToBeSix Sun 12-Jan-14 20:03:56

I meant I do think its gone quickly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now