Multi Fetal Pregnancy Reduction

(4 Posts)
Neferka81 Fri 27-Dec-13 23:34:03

I am aware I am treading on emotional and controversial ground here, so I apologise profusely if I offend anyone or if I touch raw nerves.

I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this that they are willing to share. I'm being treated for infertility with a drug that could cause multiple pregnancies, and I am trying to find information on how the selection process works and how much of a say I will have in which babies to keep. I'd greatly appreciate any first hand knowledge you can share with me.

Thank you,

Audrey

SoonToBeSix Sat 28-Dec-13 22:03:24

Personally I don't think you should be taking drugs that can increase the risk of multiplies if you aren't prepared to continue the pregnancy without aborting one or more.
Can I ask why you would have an issue with multiplies?

Amo101 Mon 30-Dec-13 10:02:29

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant with triplets after ivf. Although I knew there was a chance of twins as we had 2 eggs transferred I never dreamed of 3!

I don't have anything to add except my clinic have warned me that as soon as I see my hospital consultant he will offer a reduction - it's not something I'm planning on but I understand why some choose this option.

My appointment isn't until the end of January but I'll happily share any information I receive.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

DigestivesAndPhiladelphia Tue 07-Jan-14 21:13:14

If you have a reduction from a multiple pregnancy, there is a risk you could lose both/all babies so it isn't just a matter of "deciding which to keep".

I think you might find more responses on another section of the site though, as parents using the multiples section are unlikely to have experience of fetal reduction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now