how do I politely explain to a friend that she's being an idiot without ending a friendship?

(31 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Sat 21-Sep-13 23:48:57

I often put pics of dtds on fb for family and friends to see and today a friend commented that in a picture they didn't look very alike and am I sure they're id.

They didn't look alike as one was grinning a toothy smile and the other had a more serious face at the time. Just because they are id doesn't mean they walk around with matching facial expressions! Sorry, rant over... Can't rant in rl or friend would find out.

georgeannaskala Mon 23-Sep-13 10:02:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HaroldLloyd Mon 23-Sep-13 10:47:46

I can't see how she is being an idiot at all!

Franykins Wed 25-Sep-13 15:37:24

I feel sorry for you with the replies you've had OP. Everyone needs a rant once in a while whether it's over something 'silly' or 'important' you have said yourself its not worth ruining a friendship over and just needed to get it off your chest and I hope it has helped. People really shouldn't judge you for wanting to rant. Ok so in the grand scheme of things its not a big deal but I guess you were just having one of those days as we all do. I've not even given birth to my twins yet and when I tell people we are having a boy and girl they still ask if they are ID or not hmm really! Or were they through IVF, not that its any of their business no they weren't and would it matter if they were? I think people just like to have their say.

zimbomaman Wed 25-Sep-13 15:45:09

People say silly things all the time. I have a two year old red head. Someone admired her hair and asked if it was natural the other day.....

PollyPlummer Wed 25-Sep-13 17:48:00

grin zim is it natural ?wink

zimbomaman Wed 25-Sep-13 17:53:15

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now