Twin change bag

(20 Posts)
Bigbird01 Sat 05-Oct-13 21:56:15

I got a bag from TK Maxx for about £30. Neversleepagain pretty much got my contents spot on, although I was lucky enough to have two babies that took to breast feeding so just kept a really good feeding pillow in the boot of the car instead of the bottles.

Good luck! Xx

Awitchwithoutchips Thu 03-Oct-13 22:48:59

Used the skip hop double duo as well, you can fit loads in, loads of pockets and changing mat too.

Linguaphile Wed 02-Oct-13 21:03:58

I also use the Skip Hop double duo bag and really like it. Looks good (we got the black one so as not to have something too 'girly' looking, per DH's request), easy to cart around as can be worn as a messenger bag or be clipped onto our double-wide pram, and loads of pockets to stay organised. I think you can get them from Amazon US for cheaper than the Amazon UK price, even after shipping and import duties.

As for essentials to take along, I usually pack an extra outfit for each of the girls (maybe two each if it's an all-day outing), 6-8 nappies (though so far have only needed three total), a full pack of wipes, a full bottle for each baby, a big Aden and Anais swaddle blanket to cover the pram if the sun is shining in, two or three muslins, two dummies, and snacks for me (I get super hungry with breastfeeding and it gets expensive buying food on the go). I also let the bag double as my handbag since I don't want to be carrying around loads of extra stuff for no reason!

ZenGardener Thu 19-Sep-13 10:19:14

I used the Skip Hop Double Duo bag. It was great because it clipped onto the back of the double buggy and had loads of pockets.

I used to carry a fair amount of stuff with me as I had a lot of trouble with leaky nappies and it often seemed that as soon as I'd change a nappy then they'd poo in it.

8 nappies
1 pack of wipes
nappy bags
2 sets of clothes each
Extra jumper in case they got cold
muslins
etc

DD never has nappy leaks so I don't carry spare clothes for her but the twins always needed them.

Franykins Thu 19-Sep-13 10:09:49

No she wasn't really. I guess all babies are different so its just a see how it goes kind of thing. I showed DP the bag that arrived yesterday and he thinks it will be ok (as he already has two DS's he has more experience than me with change bags) he agreed that we can just keep spare nappies and emergency change of clothes in the boot of the car.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 18-Sep-13 22:06:37

Was she especially sicky or refluxy? I don't think I ever used the spare set of clothes I religiously carried for DS!

Franykins Wed 18-Sep-13 19:12:14

Thank you neversleepagain i think i could defo fit all that in the one i got smile

AnythingNotEverything there were times my niece ended up having to be changed three times when out that's why im worrying

When my twins were very little I used to take...
One change of clothing each including vests
4 nappies each
wipes
Nappy cream
2 muslins
2 bibs
2 (or 4 bottles, depending how long I would be out)
little cartons of formula (scissors to open them)
A pack of Milton wipes (I would clean the surfaces of anywhere I fed them)
Travel changing mat
hand sanitiser

Now (at 12 months) I take...
2 nappies each
wipes
nappy cream
1 muslin
2 bibs
travel changing mat
Snacks
sippy cups

AnythingNotEverything Wed 18-Sep-13 16:28:46

I've got a Little Lifestles City Hobo bag in black (currently £24.99 in Argos) which would be big enough for a twin change bag.

It's currently got almost all of my hospital stuff in it as I'm due in four weeks, so quite roomy.

Yy to three changes of clothes. You'd be unlucky for both of them to need two changes during one trip out.

Twicethehugs Wed 18-Sep-13 16:23:16

I've just got a 'single' change bag and avoid taking too much stuff out e.g. Nappies, change of clothes each, muslin, wipes, bottle of water and a snack for me (needed if breastfeeding). You may find like I did that most of your time at the start is spent sitting on the sofa breastfeeding them but still try and go out for your sanity! I tended to go out just after I'd fed them to avoid having to feed them when out and just went out for longer when someone else was with me to amuse one baby while I fed one baby then swapped over.

YouStoleMyHat Wed 18-Sep-13 15:14:19

Hello! It is a bit daunting thinking of all the stuff you'll need to cart round - and as poocatcher (great name btw) said, it's handy to get it all into one bag. That way you can lug everything with you over one shoulder if both hands are full (and they probably will be!) and make a dash for the changing area! I've got a baby and toddler and have a Babymel bag (£30ish in sale). It's huge and easily fits nappies for both (3 each seems about right), spare outfit for baby (babygros are good as you don't have to faff and they take up less room), all changing paraphernalia, all my stuff as well as bibs, muslin, two sippy cups, couple of toys... It's a great bag and also attaches to any pram with the built in straps (as you definitely wouldn't want to carry it around all day) and this means all your stuff is right in front of you when you need it.

Franykins Wed 18-Sep-13 15:13:44

Thank you poocatcherchampion I was originally thinking weekend bag but thought it might be a bit big. I'd like to think that weather depending I will get out and about. We got the Mountain Buggy Duet so its nice and narrow, only 63cm wide which is the same as a lot of single buggies. I don't like the thought of being stuck indoors all the time and think fresh air will be good for bubbas and me.

I guess a lot of it depends how long we will be out for. If its only a couple of hours then I guess not much will be needed, but if its all day then we will need more. Thinking maybe keep a bag in the car with emergency nappies/clothes in?

To answer some more questions (although I don't have twins) I take at least 6 nappies for the pair - they can wear same size in cloth. And 2 changes of clothes for the littley and one for the older. For twins I'd take 3 in total that both could wear.

I never did express to take out but I can see that might be different with two.

And I don't think you are panicking. This has occupied an inordinate amount of my thought time recently. I don't know how much you will get out but with a double buggy and 2 babies you don't also want to be carrying the kitchen sink in bite size pieces so you do need a practical solution.

Good luck!

I have been Working on this for weeks in anticipation of dd2 arriving - who is now 4 weeks. I've tried loads and bought a few and finally decided on a weekend bag from paper chase that I bought today. It is £28 and tartan.

It doesn't have the spaces and compartments that proper changing bags do but it roomy and nice looking. Zips up so will stop toddley fingers and has rings on the side so will clip onto the pram. I'm geekily excited about it.

I should say dd1 is 18 and both are in cloth and I carry food, toys and changes of clothes as well so it needs to be big. I'm fed up with the bag lady look. :-)

Franykins Wed 18-Sep-13 14:49:08

Thank you for your replies.

I found one I liked on eBay and it has arrived this morning. However, it just doesn't look big enough for twins. It looks like the size my sister had for a 'singleton' so now I have anew question. How much stuff do you need to take out for a day with twins? I was thinking 2 changes of clothes each and about 8 nappies? Is that too much/not enough? Of course have to factor in bottles and then food as they get older. I am planning on breastfeeding but was hoping to express for when out and about, well at least one or two feeds then I guess I would have to breastfeed them separately if I am still out. Am I thinking into this too much? Will I in fact just not be going out much?

I have 8 1/2 weeks max left till bubbas arrive, am I starting to panic? I don't feel panicky just wondering how its all managed smile

I also have the freebie Boots one and find it fine for what we need. I also have a small lunch bag for all their snacks & sippy cups.

3boys3dogshelp Mon 16-Sep-13 11:02:50

Also my oh didn't mind carrying it too, which was a bonus!

3boys3dogshelp Mon 16-Sep-13 11:02:01

I had 18 months between mine so 2 in nappies (and like to take spare clothes/drink/snack everywhere - you get the idea!) I had a koto bag from boots and it was a brilliant size, not too big or small. Just checked and they still have it but £45 now, although they do have a 3 for 2 offer on if you have other things to buy.

Margetts Mon 16-Sep-13 10:53:33

I used that bag which I got free from Boots, when you join the Baby Club!

Franykins Mon 16-Sep-13 10:08:14

Hi, I was just looking for a bit of advice on a change bag for twins. They all seem so very expensive! I don't really want to spend the £60-£70 for the bag that matches our buggy, seems ridiculous price. Something big enough, nice looking and about £20-£30 would be ok.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now