twins napping differently at nursery to how they nap at home

(3 Posts)
hettienne Tue 10-Sep-13 21:04:45

Nursery is noisier and busier then home so it's no surprise they sleep differently.

Randomkath Tue 10-Sep-13 21:02:15

Hi. Other way round for me, my two nap a lot better at nursery! But they are also still really tired after nursery days, so that might not be completely due to the shorter naps. If you think it's a problem maybe ask the staff what their moods are like when they wake up. If they are grumpy and seem to want to sleep longer could mean they are getting disturbed, so maybe ask whether there is a cot room or something they could sleep in. If they are waking happy though i'd take it as a good sign that they are having lots of fun and want to get up and play! They might start to map longer as the novelty of all it wears off.

thegirlinthesassyspace Tue 10-Sep-13 19:13:32

Hi there,
Our 10 month old twins recently started doing nursery 3 whole days a week. Its going well so far, I think, but the staff report back each time that they don't sleep for as long for either their morning or lunchtime nap.
At home they both sleep an hour in the morning and 2hours at lunchtime.but at nursery they only do 30 mins and then an hour..
Although they are going down for their naps at the same time there as they do at home, they don't sleep as long, so are really tired when we pick them up.
It might be a small thing that I shouldn't even worry about, but I still worry and wonder is this is ok...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now