Ebf twins - tandem feeding problems

(5 Posts)
Twicethehugs Wed 21-Aug-13 17:54:52

One either side of me, bed guard on one side of the bed and a cot pushed against the other side, husband in the spare room - we don't all fit in the bed!

twinteresting Wed 21-Aug-13 17:45:21

Yikes.
Twicethehugs - how do you bedshare? do you hae one either side of you? I would worry about them falling out? (i co slept last time but DS was between DH and me?)

thingamajig Tue 20-Aug-13 17:40:09

I'm afraid you just have to put up with one shouting while you feed the other. I fed each twice, if you see what I mean - an initial thirst quencher then chuck off and feed the other as soon as they start messing about, then a longer appetite filler with each. Hope this works and remember its not too long til you can start weaning.

Twicethehugs Tue 20-Aug-13 17:33:06

Have you tried feeding them both lying down in bed? Might work for the first and last feeds - I do it with babies laying on a pillow folded in half at each side of me - takes a bit of practice getting them in position on your own. We bed share so I roll them off when asleep - which sometimes takes a while/ a couple of goes - but okay if I've got a good book.

cheeka Sun 18-Aug-13 19:13:37

5 Month EBF twins here. I've always tandem fed using my Brest friend pillow (rugby hold) Now they are getting bigger, they seem to hate feeding together,jostle for space, poke each other in the eye..DTD seems particularly irritated when tandem feeding. I would love to feed separately but they are both very loud and very fractious, both demanding to be fed NOW e.g. At bedtime or at the start of the day when they sync together. Any tips?i could just ignore the other crying twin as I feed one but there never seems to be a finite time to the feeding session, they tend to want to stay on and doze. If I take the one twin off to put the other on, I feel like I'm short changing one... Incidentally, feeding at night isn't a problem. We co sleep and feed laying down and it's almost like there is an unspoken agreement between the twins to wait their turn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now