D'ya ever wonder how long the sun will last...?

(1000 Posts)
Sokmonsta Wed 14-Aug-13 06:58:34

Morning! Since its a sunny day here I thought I'd say sunny hellos. Unless of course anyone else has beat me to it and I've missed the new thread.

MultipleMama Thu 05-Dec-13 23:25:08

Oh Trips, what bloody wonderful news! What a load off your mind that must be. smile

DH is yet to come home from visiting Apollo and a little worried. I hate not hearing from him.

Morning girls xx

MultipleMama Fri 06-Dec-13 12:37:07

Made the trek to Barnsley today. My beautiful hometown. I haven't been back in over 8 years. I've still retained my lazy accent. It will be so good to see my Great Auntie before we move. She's never seen the kids either only pictures. Artie's coming too but DH is staying with Apollo.

bubby64 Fri 06-Dec-13 19:15:46

Shabs I'd be furious with the DNurse, can you make a complaint? I hate to suggest this about my fellow professional, but she needs yo get herself sorted out!
Trips - great news about dh, hope you feel a bit better soon.
Soks, I hope the bums are better soon.
Mama - hope uour visit to great Aunt went well.

The care home took mum on a trip to a local Christmas tree festival, but she apparently got really distressed, crying and getting really upset, so they had to bring her home earlysad
I hope she will better when we take her to the care home Christmas fayre tomorrow. confused

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Fri 06-Dec-13 21:25:43

Great news trips.

House of ill here today. Dc4 throwing up in the night last night - swallowing too much snot I think. been better since we stuffed a pillow underneath mattress to raise his head. Plus they've been into everything today!

Dc3 has been clingy and felt bloody frozen all day. Currently snuggled up in cot with fleece suit, duvet and blanket. And holding on to tiger for dear life.

Work are being arses over my departure. Still not resolved so I've asked what legal action can be taken now. It's gone from bad to worse. Union is going to get back to me Monday.

Other things are still ongoing. Fucking hate martyrs.

triplets Fri 06-Dec-13 23:20:03

Oh dear turmoil and illness abound on here! I have missed my book club night with the girls, bloody cold! I get a night out once every 8 weeks and have missed the last two.......not fair! So glad I don`t have to get up early tomorrow...........did you all survive the so called "surge"?
Shabs did you watch the Robmeister tonight at the Palladium?

triplets Fri 06-Dec-13 23:41:35

Forgot to tell you, nice surprise today, a MN secret Santa sent me a lovely card and voucher, the kindness of people lifts me when I most need it......................

grin @ Secret Santa - thats brill Trips xx

grin grin @ Robbie showusyourtodger Williams - Oh yes I watched him xxxx <<wipes drool off the keyboard>>

triplets Sat 07-Dec-13 06:53:55

Morning girls, up at 4am and awake by 6.15am! Hate colds!

MultipleMama Sat 07-Dec-13 07:43:59

Made it home at 00.05 last night! Due to Artie's greedinesd. But managed to move 5 sleeping children into bed without one of them waking up! My chesty cough has turned wheezy and painful. I just need sleep but K thinks it's funny to wake me up at 5.30 because he wants to play outside. Now I have 4 wide awake hurricanes who have somehow managed to spill a whole packet of pasta on the floor... Lord give me strength!

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Sat 07-Dec-13 07:53:52

Shhhh! Bigs are at grandparents. Dh a babies still asleep. Bliss!

rubyrubyruby Sat 07-Dec-13 08:23:20

Fantastic news about DH Trips x

Enjoy the peace Soks!

Morning girls xx

Phone call from Lew....

'Andma <<poorly man voice>> I have got chickenpox and I dont feel very well <<small sob>> please can I come to your house on Monday 'cause you are my favourite 'andma......

'Yes love <<reluctant sigh>> see you Monday (on my 57th birthday and being a person who gets shingles just for fun!!!!!)

My Gawd - aint life grand?

bubby64 Sat 07-Dec-13 12:55:18

M reluctantly handed me a note from school today - can I sign it as he has an after school detention for not giving in English homework, which, apparently, he was reminded about twice already. confused confused He had one last week for not doing his maths, and J got one for not doing his Geography. What do I do? Every day I ask "have you any homework to do, if so, do it now"sad I get told off for nagging, but they are getting themselves a reputation, and, also, twice, we have had to go fetch them as they missed the late bus homesad sad sad

bubby64 Sat 07-Dec-13 13:00:43

Shabs- the "poorly man" voice is ok when it comes from a child, I have it coming from DH all the time atm, as he is still off with his back. I told him off about it the other day, as it was starting to grate a bitblush blush blush

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Sat 07-Dec-13 18:25:25

Shhhhh... It's sneaking up ;)

triplets Sat 07-Dec-13 23:01:12

<<Trips sits in bed, puffy eyed and red nosed, fed up with dh who hasn`t so much as offered a cup of tea today and sulked at supper as I ate alone in front of the telly with tissue up my nose and didn`t want wine so he sulked and sulked and I am cross and wonder what it would have been like if I was the one battling a serious illness>>
Amen.

MultipleMama Sun 08-Dec-13 07:33:58

Awake but barely. Can no longer breathe through my nose and my all night coughing kept waking the twins and Artie who are all grumpy guts this morning. Totally my fault. Today I am doing bugger all, no Sunday dinner, narda.

Instead I'm going to lie in my undies under the duvet in the family room and just watch movies with the kids all day. DH is coming home later to see DC before heading back to hospital.

I have Russian blood but when it comes to being ill and moaning I'm english through and through! Haha. I need sleep!!!

rubyrubyruby Sun 08-Dec-13 08:06:05

<<it is not Shabs birthday, it is not Shabs birthday. I must not wish Shabs a happy birthday like I have for the past 6 years until tomorrow >>

Morning! smile

Morning girls xx

Ruby - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha brilliant!! xx

triplets Sun 08-Dec-13 11:46:37

D`y know what? It is not Shabs birthday grin

Postie came yesterday Trips......thank you grin xxx

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Sun 08-Dec-13 16:57:48

Oooh! Happy birthday Shabs. Hope you had a lovely day xxx

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Sun 08-Dec-13 19:52:57

This thread is not accepting new messages.