D'ya ever wonder how long the sun will last...?

(1000 Posts)
Sokmonsta Wed 14-Aug-13 06:58:34

Morning! Since its a sunny day here I thought I'd say sunny hellos. Unless of course anyone else has beat me to it and I've missed the new thread.

triplets Wed 14-Aug-13 23:48:31

z bed.....d`y mean you don`t have one Rubester shock of course now you`ll know them as rollaway as said in the US of A !!
z bed as I type is being jumped upon by noisy 15 yr old friend of dd, in a moment of weakness I agreed to a sleepover!
Was rather hoping for something interesting to read before I lay me down to sleep..............something like Rubesters Wild West Road Trip !

triplets Thu 15-Aug-13 01:18:50

Peace at last..............night all xx

Sokmonsta Thu 15-Aug-13 02:26:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Aug-13 05:00:05

Urgh! Soks - hope he's ok and sleeping well.

I can't sleep so ........

New York - hot and exciting. We did 3 days mid/up/down town Manhattan. Did all the usual stuff including walking the high-line. Fab hotel with super comfy beds and fantastic bathrooms.
San Fran - cool after NY. Relaxed feel but has it's fair share of crazies! Cycled over the GGB and night tour of Alcatraz.
Yosemite - words cannot describe it.
Big Sur - beautiful and relaxing. We rented an amazing house where we cooked and drank wine to recharge mid-way through our holiday. This was one of my best decisions.
Pismo Beach - DCs swam and amused themselves so DH and I had some time to ourselves. Lovely beach and great sandwiches!
Santa Barbara - I loved Santa Barbara - a real Mediterranean feel.
Palm Springs - hot, great pool, I wasn't keen tbh.
Vegas - busy, busy. It was great to take the DCs and show them as I've talked about it so much but I'm done with it now. I shall not be doing Vegas again.

Best Day: Cycling over GGB - my god how we laughed! 23miles!
Best Experience: HWY1 drive from Carmel to San Luis Obispo.
Best Meal: Santa Barbara.
Funniest: Cycling, our car and the waitress in Yosemite.
Worst: DHs sunburn
Biggest Surprise: Joshua Tree national park and the drive across the Mojave Desert - stunning.
Biggest Regret: not getting to Red Rock Canyon.

DD favourite place was SF
DS2 Yosemite
DS3 Las Vegas

Any questions ? grin

triplets Thu 15-Aug-13 07:49:43

Morning! Thank you Rubes, hope you are still zzzzzzzz btw!
Interesting you weren`t fussed with Palm Springs, we weren`t either. The Joshua Tree NP is just too fantastic for words isn`t it, we saw our first real road runner there! We were in Santa Barbara in 93, yes very Italian feel about it. I would love to do NY, its on my hit list and time is marching on! I guess for me the highlights will always be the NParks, Yosemite (been three times, awesome in the Spring with the waterfalls after the snow), Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Death Valley and for the drive Highway 1. San Fran I do love as a starting point as there is so much to see and do, though we have never yet done Alcatraz. America is an adventure, I love seeking out the crazy quirky places.............I need to return! So glad you had such a good time!

triplets Thu 15-Aug-13 07:50:56

btw interested in the house on Big Sur, where did you find it?

Morning girls xx

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Aug-13 09:47:05

I found it by googling but it's on tripadvisor.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g240329-d2190472-Big_Sur_Ocean_View_1_3_Bed_Custom_Home-Big_Sur_California.html

It was a risk but all reviews were fantastic

MultipleMama Thu 15-Aug-13 10:42:22

Sok - oh no! Hope he feels better today, poor little mite.

Ruby - I'm so very envy envy. Sounds like you had a great time.

Today shall be spent online shopping for when we move and putting them in my save list! Haha. DH made me B&B before work and dad had all the DC dressed and fed and had planned on taking them out but they had other ideas. They've taken over my bed to play. smile

MultipleMama Thu 15-Aug-13 18:36:57

Can't believe my father and I share the same name as that pompus, homophobic prat of a president! Urgh, it just infuriates me. The smug, hypercritical asswipe! I have a mind to wear a bright rainbow t-shirt that may brother likes meat as I walk through the bloody Russian airport. My brother and DH have the right to put their penis' wherever they bloody want to! <<takes deep breaths>>

... My father should have never told me about the news. Okay, I'm going to stuff my face with rainbow drops and parma violets before relaxing with my beautiful babies.

Hope everyone had a lovely day!

triplets Thu 15-Aug-13 19:06:14

Just in from an exciting day river fishing with the boys hmm beats a cruise hands down..............sob sob.........
Mama what on earth is going on, what have I missed?

?????? Was just thinking the same Trips PMSL

bubby64 Thu 15-Aug-13 20:05:15

Mamas post i think was about Russia being against gays competing in the next winter olympics, they are now backpedaling furiously.
Rubes - sounds an absolutely brilliant holiday.
Trips - have you survived the sleepover?
Soks - poor little josh, hope he is better soon.smile at hosing down the seat.
Shabs - you are also welcome here, sunshine most days of the holidays so far, even today, it was overcaste at times but still muggy and warm.
Mama - I made butternut squash, carrot and cinnimon soup yesterday, delish!

Spent today at Pleasurewood Hills theme park, using the tickets I won, obviously not as extreme as Alton Towers, but good all the same. Set off at 8.30, got there for opening at ten. Boys had a good time again, and , as we took picnic and own drinks, we didn't spend too much cash. Now boys are getting ready for their Young Farmers weekend youth camp starting tomorrow, then we have the NATS next weekend (big 4 day american care meet which is only up the road at Ipswich) We camp there, and enjoy the whole thing, including lots of live entertainment. Busy, busy busy, tbh, we haven't had time to fit in a "proper" holiday this year, with all the bits and pieces we have done. wink

Sokmonsta Thu 15-Aug-13 20:06:01

MultipleMama Thu 15-Aug-13 22:37:30

Trips - How was the sleepover do you still have your sanity? :D
Bubby - Sounds busy! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! That soup sounds lovely. Have you the recipe?
Evening, Shabs!
Sok - That's bloody wonderful news! She'll be toddling about in no time! Hope Josh has a much better day tomorrow! I hope lady can off you and James some support xx

I'm talking about the Russian president. He just annoys me. You can protest or even express your support about LGBT without consequences. He stops Russian children being adopted to foreign gay couples. He also blames gay people for high mortality rates and divorce. And hearing about the olympics just pissed me off. Haha.

No getting arrested, I promise. I'm on my best behaviour. My brother would kick my ass.

Goodnight, ladies xx

triplets Thu 15-Aug-13 22:45:25

Clever girl Jennifer smile
Mama please calm down and do be careful what you say this is a family thread wink and you are supposed to be resting <<wags finger>>
Bubbs, we have done nothing this holiday, feels like a waste of the summer esp as dh has had such a rotten time health wise and is now really well. Trouble is with three teens they either want to lie in bed all day or be out with their mates! Dh has appts coming up we need to get out of the way and if all is well we might try and do something nice for Christmas. He has a ct scan to check for cancer next Tues, a blood test on Weds and now the gp is concerned about the shaking(tremor) in his left hand. Its been since the last surgery and has become very noticeable, he is sending him for a brain scan...........more worry. Hopefully all will be well, if it is then he won`t have any appts until next March..............so we might be able to risk booking something nice. Not much else to report........all quiet on the Western Front!!

MultipleMama Thu 15-Aug-13 23:39:42

I'm praying it's all Good news for your DH. I'm sorry, I'll have DH wash my potty mouth with soap! ;) I'm resting, I swear. I've been in bed all day only moving to shower, toilet and put dc to bed.

Sokmonsta Fri 16-Aug-13 01:52:18

Morning girls xx

Sokmonsta Fri 16-Aug-13 07:09:57

Morning. grin

rubyrubyruby Fri 16-Aug-13 08:06:27

Morning

<<clocks in>>

Sokmonsta Fri 16-Aug-13 08:25:34

My sun has gone and been replaced with rain!

This isn't an altogether bad thing as I've managed to get the cucumbers sorted and trimmed the leaves round the courgettes, plus ported the basil outside that's been sitting on my kitchen windowsill for a couple of weeks. Plus the grass could do with a drink. So hopefully the rain will do them all some good and it will be drier tomorrow.

triplets Fri 16-Aug-13 14:49:52

Cloudy damp here and rain forecast all w/end......how lovely. Feeling soooooooo bored, just cleaned bathroom and downstairs loo, my life is just too exciting...........

MultipleMama Fri 16-Aug-13 14:50:15

Afternoon, ladies.

Sok, I haven't tended to my veggie in a while. DH says 4 cucumbers have grown massive and my lettuces have started to curl smile

Managed to pack a medium suitcase for the twins, today. I've decided to take just the single stroller (a friend's bugaboo bee) and the Boba 3G for travel and layover. I'm quite excited smile

Hope you ladies are having a good day.

triplets Fri 16-Aug-13 23:21:31

Awful quiet...........BOO..........grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.