How big we're your twins at 32 weeks?

(8 Posts)
Rowan1204 Fri 26-Jul-13 10:16:04

Born at 32+1 (boys)
3lbs 11oz & 4lbs 3oz.
Good sizes really. Just keep doing what you're doing, as said above they'll take what they need. Once born yiu could top yourself uo with some good multi vits or supplements.

rattling Thu 25-Jul-13 16:12:28

Born at 32 weeks exactly. 3lb15oz and 4lb1oz. Considered a really good size for their age. The worry (if there is anything to worry about at all) is definitely that you are keeping enough of the nutrients you take in. They will take everything they need!

poorbuthappy Wed 24-Jul-13 17:01:20

3lb 14 and 4lb 5 at 34 weeks born.

andadietcoke Wed 24-Jul-13 16:22:17

Last week at 32 weeks mine were 3lb14 and 4lb14. If they were worried about their weights they'd have booked you in for an extra growth scan. Mine seem to have growth spurts at different times - I've had extra scans for the smaller twin, but now she's on track, it's just the bigger one that's big for her gestation.

Cerubina Wed 24-Jul-13 10:11:03

Mine were born just before 32 weeks so I know exactly - 3lb 4oz and 3lb 9oz. On that basis, yours don't sound small as they are bigger than that and the doctors did comment to me that mine were a good size for the gestation.

Maybe just try to eat a little bit of food quite frequently if your stomach capacity is the issue, rather than thinking you need to have three square meals.

Can't remember at 32 weeks but twin one weighed 6lb1 & twin 2 5lb8 at 34 weeks when my waters went. Big for their gestation (always measured big), this is why my waters burst early.

If your consultant isn't worried try not let it worry you.

Linguaphile Wed 24-Jul-13 09:15:32

Ack, stupid auto correct! were (not we're) and been (not even).

Sigh.

Linguaphile Wed 24-Jul-13 09:00:56

I've even having lots of trouble eating (heat+no stomach space), and my DH has commented that it looks like the girls are literally sucking the meat off my bones, so I've been a little worried that the babies aren't getting enough from me. Went in for my 32 week scan, and they're 3.6 and 3.75 lbs, which is a bit below the 50th percentile... The consultant didn't seem concerned, but she did say that my bloods showed that my body wasn't getting enough nutrients and put me on extra supplements, even though I've been trying SO HARD to eat lots and well and have been taking my vitamins religiously).

Probably just being a worry wart, but I do wonder how big everyone else's twins were at 32 weeks? Just worried they're not getting enough in there! Has anyone tried protein shakes or something to get more weight on them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now