'The best thing about having multiples' mmmmmmm

(26 Posts)
RedPencils Fri 17-May-13 11:42:47

I've just been completing a Tamba survey and one of the questions was 'What is the one thing you love most about having multiples'. I'm so used to giving all the reasons why its so hard, I was a bit stumped for an answer.

I utterly adore my DCs obivoulsy, but the best I could come up with was that they do all the same after school clubs and are at a similar level so logisitics are a lot easier (have a friend with 3 who runs herself ragged dropping off and picking up at different stuff). I'm a bit blush at how lame that sounds.

I'm not one of those 'Look at me, I've got twins' kind of people either.

So what is the best thing about being a parent of multiples?

That they have friend for life except when they are fighting and double hugs!

Randomkath Fri 17-May-13 12:42:23

When you wake up in the morning to hear them chatting away and giggling at each other from their cots and can leave them to it whilst you doze for few more minutes... before the chaos of the day begins.

RedPencils Fri 17-May-13 12:48:31

There was another question about what's great about being a multiple, so I put things like always having someone to play with, someone to share stuff with.

This was about what's it like being a parent to a multiple.

Mine are a bit older so the 'chatting in their cots' has now turned into arguing about who's turn it is to play Minecraft/ClubPenguin/Xbox.

I never thought about double hugs! Should have put that. I was also considering @I only had to be prenant once' as well. Christ I'm a miserable cow today.

Avondale Fri 17-May-13 12:48:50

I love their interaction and the way they are completely different to each other but best mates. I love it some days !

RedPencils Fri 17-May-13 12:49:04

that would be pregnant

Margetts Fri 17-May-13 13:04:50

They have a live in playmate and someone to go and talk to first thing in the morning.

Margetts Fri 17-May-13 13:08:26

They work as a team, my DS will do the planning and my DD will actually do it

Glittertwins Fri 17-May-13 14:15:06

They get on well and will keep each other entertained. I second the only being pregnant once. I did not have a good one and am happy I will never have to do it again!

instantfamily Fri 17-May-13 20:00:54

a single pregnancy.

a single wardrobe.

double (triple for us) the fun.

being able to properly compare all your children despite all those insights on individualism that the multiples books talk about

not having to juggle two or three different schedules.

Well if, like me, twins means no more kids then:

Never having to be pregnant again
Never having to give birth again
Once every stage is done, it's DONE. Move along now, no more bottle sterilising, pureeing etc EVER. No baby stuff hanging around the house tempting us to have another one (or two!).

Tortington Fri 17-May-13 20:08:10

i'd love to tell you that you get two lots of board money when they get older, but actually - thats just bullshit . I now house twins plus one partner.

i am out of pocket

good things...................................... erm...................................

i mean i adore them i do..............erm............................. nope.

is it wrong to snigger at women who proudly announce twins, it is - i know it is.....

instantfamily Fri 17-May-13 20:12:42

being the center of attention and regularly being asked if there are multiples in your family to watch the person's mind chugging when you say no

instantfamily Fri 17-May-13 20:13:13

confused

instantfamily Fri 17-May-13 20:14:44

never having to arrange a playdate

Oh god yes, if you LIKE being the centre of attention then twins must be the best accessory ever.

If you don't then you just have to learn to brazen it out!

Oh god yes, if you LIKE being the centre of attention then twins must be the best accessory ever.

If you don't then you just have to learn to brazen it out!

instantfamily Fri 17-May-13 20:24:11

not having to choose between a gazillion buggies but only a choice of a dozen or so?

RedPencils Sat 18-May-13 12:56:56

Oh god yes, if you LIKE being the centre of attention then twins must be the best accessory ever. Yup. This is one of the worst things for me. I hated being the freak show.
There's definitely a type who love it though, tend to dress them the same for far too long, never fail to mention that they are twins.

'Is there twins in the family' - 'er yes, these two'. Always makes me grin.

Glittertwins Sat 18-May-13 18:59:25

Dark sunglasses and avoiding any eye contact whilst pushing buggy at high speed was one way to avoid it.

toomuchpink Sat 18-May-13 21:28:09

Meeting two different little people. Having your very own nature v nurture experiment taking place before your eyes.
AND having an excuse for the being untidy, behind on the ironing, late for everything etc. I intend to use multiple birth + one as an excuse for a very long time.

MotheringShites Sat 18-May-13 21:30:18

Def the friend thing. I watched DS2 wandering around the garden alone with a pang of sadness.

MotheringShites Sat 18-May-13 21:31:02

BTW DS2 is my singleton.

Chippedandstained Tue 04-Jun-13 14:45:46

You get a free extra cot at Centerparcs and my local softplay does half price for the second twin.
See, it's all worth it! grin

BlueberryHill Tue 18-Jun-13 21:20:19

Bedtime, definitely,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now