D'ya ever wonder why we ALWAYS miss the 1,000 message thingeymebob???

(1000 Posts)

<<shuffles across to a new thread>>

MultipleMama Thu 27-Jun-13 09:02:13

GOOD MORNING, THE MUMSNET FAMILY! <said in Ty Pennington's voice>... I've been watching too much Extreme makeover Home Edition on my laptop.

triplets Thu 27-Jun-13 09:02:33

Shabs, as you seem later getting up does that mean Tomster is home, once they do they gcse exams is that them finished? Just thinking of my three home next year!! How is our Harry Shabs? x

triplets Thu 27-Jun-13 09:03:54

Morning Mama do you have to undecorated your room before you leave tomorrow? Bet you are looking forward to be home smile

Chopstheduck Thu 27-Jun-13 09:17:06

Morning girls.

30th July, trips, the day before my 35th birthday grin Sat down at the weekend with dh pouring over the guide books and worked out our itinerary. The DTs are getting very excited and dd (although looking forward to her trips) is feeling a bit miffed blush Have promised to go to Japantown in LA though and bring her back heaps of anime/manga stuff. She really wants a bento box though, and I might surprise her with one for her pack up when she goes away with the girl's brigade.

They set off a few days before we go. ds1 is actually camping in a tent for the first time this year, rather than a private room. WIll be interesting given his disabilities but he is ecstatic and can't wait!

Did anyone watch the tightrope walker cross the grand canyon? We'd been telling the dts for days that we will be doing that when we go. grin DT2 was rather deflated when he heard on the TV that they will be removing it after the stunt! DT2 missed that bit and was looking rather green when watching it and we had to come clean!

Chopstheduck Thu 27-Jun-13 09:17:58

dt1 was the one that went green. I really should jsut stick to using their names!

MultipleMama Thu 27-Jun-13 09:43:14

Trips - Yep. The nurses have found me a plastic box that I can put the pictures, letters and scans in. Can't wait to sort them out at home.

DH phoned me this morning; K's ear infections have come back so he's off school today and tomorrow. He wants me and has thrown a full blown tantrum which has set off A wanting to see mama. So today, I will be bombarded with all 4 dc.

I don't think DH has ever been so happy to return to work on Monday haha.

Hope everyone is well x

Trips - in our area they finish school when they have done their last exam....dont know if its the same everywhere though.

My Dad is about the same. Has lost a lot of weight though. He has been sitting in the back garden and sunbathing so he is very tanned.

MultipleMama Thu 27-Jun-13 17:03:05

Evening ladies.

Right now, I have a passed out cranky 4 year old on my stomach clinging to me. DH brought them to visit at 2pm and K hasn't left. I'm really surprised the nurses haven't said anything or complained. DH is coming at 6 to collect him.

I go home tomorrow afternoon with other 21 scan photos! Can't wait to cuddle dc and start bf fully!

bubby64 Thu 27-Jun-13 20:38:15

Chops/Rubes - getting greener with envy by the dayenvy envy
Shabs- Glad H is managing to enjoy this bit of good weather.
Mama- you'll be so glad to get home, and the family will be glad to have you back. grin wink
Trips - hope everything went well at hospital.

Boys got home this evening, they had a really good time, and it sounds as if they did some very exciting thingsgrin grin , they are very tired, a bit grubby, very brown (backs of necks got burned as they forgot to put sunscreen thereblush ), also, Mikes lips are really sore, a mix of salt air, water and sunshine, I can't belive none of the teachers got him some lipsalveangry
They have been home a few hours and the house already looks like a bombs hit it, after bring tidy for 4 daysgrin First lot of clothes in washer, pre wash definitely requiredwink

MultipleMama Thu 27-Jun-13 21:11:56

Bubby - Those peaceful, tidy days sure do go by fast! Even if they had no lipsalve you'd think they'd at least put him on some vaseline to help. Pfft. Glad they enjoyed themselves thought, back to normal life now!

I'll be glad to be going home but DH is thrilled, his words were and I quote unquote "thank fuck" haha. I'm sure I'll be coming back to chaos but secretly I'm looking forward to it. I'm fed up of sterile environments and quietness.

DH picked up K who screamed his way out the hospital, even went as far as holding his breath before screaming again. DH called me at half 8 and K had only just cried himself to sleep on DH's lap. K has ear tubes in both ears but they don't seem to be lessening the pain, poor thing.

triplets Thu 27-Jun-13 23:29:29

Evening ladies............theres a buzz on here tonight, must be talk of holidays...........Bubbs add me envy...........I would give anything to be doing a road trip in the States. Yes I watched the walk across the Grand Canyon, it freaked me out, still don`t know how he did it, when he kneeled and got up again shock. Obviously has a real faith, it was amazing. The GC is awesome..........in every sense of the word. We first went with Matthew in August 91, stayed 3 nights there. We arrived in the village at 7pm, driven from Scottsdale, long hot drive. We were advised to wait until sunrise before we saw the canyon for the first time, so headed off to find our cabin, food.............deep fried chicken.......and bed. We set our alarm for 5.30am but were woken at 5am by the room shaking, a small earthquake!! Lasted no more than about 20 seconds, really weird experience. Walked along the path and there it was..........words just cannot describe it............I am not ashamed to say it made me cry. The colours of the rock as the sun came up, my lovely boy................oh I`ll never forget it. Our second visit was with T/R and J in 2007, our last trip........sob.....we stayed in Williams on route 66 in The Red Garter Saloon, so exciting. Took the steam train to the canyon from there, 2 hours of fun.........kids loved the train! We only spent 6 hours there which was a shame but my God it was hot! Happy happy days.
Not such a happy day today...............saw two consultants at the hospital today, dh has another infection! They prodded and probed and are talking about surgery as a very last resort to get rid of this blood clot. They both told us this could go on for a few more months yet. I asked about going on holiday, meaning a proper holiday abroad and was told it would not be a good idea, too risky as things are. Is it to be selfcatering in Blighty forever?

<<Trips rips off GB sticker from trolley>>

Morning girls xx

Oh lovely memories Trips x

OK so my day today consists of the following......trip to my parents doctors to hopefully pick up a prescription for mum - she has had psoraisis for many years and her carers rang me yesterday to tell me she has it on her scalp hmm...wanted to say to them 'Oh has she, fancy me not knowing that she has had psoraisis for the past 40 years. I had to stop myself from being sarcastic!!! They are not allowed to ring the doctors on her behalf.....for Gawds sake!! Then down to parents house to find out 'how' or 'why' Mum thinks that Dad only has 8 painkillers left when DH took a box of 100 on Wednesday afternoon. The painkillers will be somewhere in the house - I HOPE!!

My brother has moved (with his girlfriend!!!!!) about a 45 minute drive from where he used to live with his wife of 30 years so I now get to do everything and Im the only one in the family without a car!!!

I would do it in a heartbeat but his 'selfishness' with everything drives me round the bend.

OK <<kicks herself up the bum>> lets begin 'another day in paradise' xx

rubyrubyruby Fri 28-Jun-13 09:44:41

Oh Shabs xxxxxxx sad

Trips - Happy memories. I love hearing your stories, you really bring them to life.

MM - home YAY!!!!!

Bubby - glad the boys had a good time.

Soks - hope you sort out your work issues

We are off on the 17th grin

triplets Fri 28-Jun-13 09:55:29

and we are off to CP now.............missing you already grin

Chopstheduck Fri 28-Jun-13 11:08:21

Have fun trips! We're planning to get there for sunrise too smile

sounds like they had a great time Bubby!

I am shattered, didn't get to bed til midnight, which is very late for me - was out pole dancing grin, and I keep having weird dreams at night and don't feel rested. Think will give my run a miss for today, but still have to go shopping, cook and have a friend round for tea. Zzzzz!

MultipleMama Fri 28-Jun-13 12:49:24

Home to a cranky 4 year old who is once against passed out on my stomach. DH said he woke constantly last night asking for me. So, he's exhausted and doped up on nurofen and calpol.

However dd drew me a lovely picture to welcome me home. Can't wait to surprise her by being home when she's back from creche.

Dts attacked my boobs, so I'm smothered by children and I love it! smile

DH is a saint and is being my waiter for the day.

Well my Mam was right!!!! The pharmacy had only given DH her tablets - so had to go back from Mums to near my house and get Dads....then they forgot the most important tablets so DH has gone back again to get them. I only just got in and have 'hammered' my daily bus ticket grin

Going to lie down in a dark room now.

Chopstheduck Fri 28-Jun-13 16:59:43

aw that sounds lovely, mama!

grin @ shabs!

MultipleMama Sat 29-Jun-13 04:22:40

All I want to do is sleep uninterrupted for at least 4 hours sleep. If not K complaining his ears hurt and waking up for cuddles, it's a night terror from A or twins wanting feeding. I've resorted to sharing the bed just to sleep.

Hope tomorrow is an improvement!

Night xx - sorry for moody early morning rant! Haha.

Morning girls xx

MultipleMama Sat 29-Jun-13 18:21:39

Evening ladies!

Shabs - sounds like you gad a busy day! I bet the drivers know you by name now! Hope you had a chance to relax.

Chops - hoped you managed to get some sleep!

DH let me lie in until 11am only nudging me half awake to feed the twins. K is running a fever and has refused to move from his rocking chair in the playroom. Hope we can sweat it out tonight.

How's everyone's day been?

Morning girls xx

MultipleMama Sun 30-Jun-13 21:46:51

Seems I'm never out of god damn hospital only this time on PED ward with K. His fever spiked to 104 so I'm staying overnight with him then both home in the morning. Urgh.

Sokmonsta Sun 30-Jun-13 22:55:10

Evenings ladies. Not having a great time here at the moment (my mh) so lurking but not posting.

So glad you are home mama.

MultipleMama Sun 30-Jun-13 23:16:50

Want some Irish coffee, sok? Unable to sleep myself in this crappy fold out, so lurking and browsing.

This thread is not accepting new messages.