(TMI) Qu for those who've had singleton and twin pregnancies

(5 Posts)
OneToThree Sun 21-Apr-13 22:31:27

One of the many things to moan about. I think I moaned every day when pregnant. My 2 didn't even have the decency to come around 37 weeks. Oh no my 2 hung in there until 39+2!

legallyblond Thu 18-Apr-13 08:31:34

Thanks one, I actually asked the GP about it and she said the same.... Its common in twin pregs in particular apparently.... I now have a little "bulge" down there.... The glamour!

OneToThree Wed 17-Apr-13 21:16:24

I've had both pregnancies and with the twins I had what you describe. It's called varicose veins of the vulva. Lovely hey!

HappyAsASandboy Thu 04-Apr-13 17:46:14

I haven't had a singleton pregnancy, but I'm going to comment anyway!

I felt err ... swollen ... from about 11 weeks with my twin pregnancy. GP tested me for everything and came to the conclusion it was just the weight of the pregnancy on my pelvic floor muscles. Then we found out it was a twin pregnancy smile

For what it's worth, my pelvic floor is as good as before now! I did have an ELCS though, which probably spared it too much damage.

legallyblond Thu 04-Apr-13 17:37:20

This really is tmi, but...

Did you feel much more aware of "down there" with the twin pregnancy?

Almost since my bfp (long before we discovered it was twins at 12 weeks), I have felt, well, like I had lots of sex the night before!

I am 99% sure I didn't have this feeling with DD until about 34 weeks... Or maybe I did, but not all the time like this.

Could it be the extra hormones with twins? Could it be a problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now