D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

rubyrubyruby Fri 05-Apr-13 08:18:13

<<lays out tray of coffee and croissants>>

Sokmonsta Fri 05-Apr-13 14:15:37

Afternoon ladies. No I haven't just got up! Dts went to my parents for a sleepover Wednesday night. Jennifer slept right through and Joshua woke a couple of times for his dummy. Seems the night away broke the routine of waking as they both slept well again last night. And in the same cot! First time in must be a couple of weeks. <wonder if they missed each other more than it appeared>. Still, it's given dh and excuse to not help me sort the bedroom again. His excuses this week were the headboard is fixed to the wall with no more nails so how are we going to get it off, the ceiling fan would need moving so who's going to do that and what were we going to do about the tv. Dr google has come up with 'prise it off the wall' for the nmn and I've already got the magic eye to sort the tv out. Just need to persuade our friend who fitted the ceiling fan to come and move it for me and jobs a good 'un. Am thinking of stripping the rooms as bare as possible and just doing as much as I can do one day while the children are back at school, sort of force dh into helping with the rest. I have an electric screwdriver now so dealing with the cot/beds is going to be a doddle. I don't want to leave it until June when his next time off is and feasibly cannot stubbornly do not want to fit two cots in the teeny front bedroom.

bubby64 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:35:13

Afternoon All - Trying to get J to ho out and get some fresh air, but he is surgically attatched to his xbox! He doesn't seem to want any 'real life' contact with any of his friends, just cyber buddies. its been an effort to get him to wadh and dress yesterday and todaysad
Meanwhile, M has walked over to his mates, they came back here and then walked the dogs together, so I am happy he has had some fresh air and exercise before he goes back into cyberspacewink .

MamaBlue4 Fri 05-Apr-13 17:25:13

Evening! I have kids fed and started weaning the twins for the first time and I can officially say the avocado was a big hit and now my kitchen floor looks like a tip. Now to wean them onto bottles. NUK were a big hit with ds and dd when they were babies so we'll go that route first.

Ds and dd are outside playing while I supervise on the deck swing and the twins are being bathed and changed by dh before i bf and put them to bed for 6. Bring on 7.30 when I can get all lovey on dh :D

Hope you're all having a nice evening!

triplets Sat 06-Apr-13 00:05:58

Evening girls. Must say Mamma you sound very organised! Poor you again Bubby, if I was nearer I would help xx. Well had a very long day, upat 5am, train from Dover up to London hosp with my brother. 4 hours of tests in the cardiac unit and a talk with the consultant. After my db was told by his gp there was nothing more could be done for his heart (triple bypass done 3yrs ago now totally blocked) I got him referred off my own back for a second opinion. They have looked at all his latest test results and are confident they can off him more surgery or fit stents.......smile smile smile smile I am soooo relieved as his quality of life is very poor. So thats another battle done, my next is my dd and boys (not her brothers!) she is going to be trouble.............advice needed as this is all new to me! Night everyone.xx

Morning girls xx

MamaBlue4 Sat 06-Apr-13 13:29:18

triplets I'm only organised in the evening, throughout the day, anything goes lol

Dd has stopped trying to get our room since her new routine and is no longer trying to sneek in the co sleeper! Yay.

About have a family lunch, don't you hate when people think they can come and noisy in the pushchair, especially when they are sleeping. DH got mad lol

Hope everyone is enjoying this slightly sunny day!

bubby64 Sat 06-Apr-13 16:31:00

Sunny day here, R and M just back from a massive walk with the dogs, even if it was a bit too much for pup, and they ended up carrying him home, Cleo really enjoyed herselfgrin
Meanwhile, J remains in his fetid 'cave' of a bedroom, despite now being on an Xbox and laptop ban after appalling behaviour last night, TBH, I am proud that R managed to walk away without decking him, because he honestly deserved itangry . The only time he has come down is to eat his lunch, as he was starving, and I insisted he at least eat with us, as he was not to take food back into his room!

bubby64 Sat 06-Apr-13 16:40:53

Trips- I'm glad they think they can help your DB, it all sounds a bit more encouraging. As for advice re DD and boys - sorry - I probably wouldn't be able to help muchblush
Mama- good luck eith the weaning, and yes, I used to hate that peering in, and also the often stupid comments people would make as well 'double trouble', buy one, get one free' (absolutely nothing 'free' about having twins!!), etc.
Ruby - I appreciate that it was a genuine offer, but I couldn't possibly have you drive all that way, especially as I still feel its partly the hospital's problem to help get us thereangry
<<<waves madly to Soks, Shabs and anyone else lurking>>>

MamaBlue4 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:59:23

bubby Oh yes, the comments. One woman made a comment when dts1 woke up and started crying, like really screaming because I was bf dts2 and DH was outside with the other two so I couldn't calm him. She said something along the lines of "aww, can't you manage them?.." then proceed to lean over and coo to him, "is she ignoring you?" <rage> okay, breathe...

triplets no advice as I don't know the situation but I hope everything goes well!!

shab as it's later, I'll say evening!

All dc, are I'm planning on DTD with DH tonight because damn, I'm pregnant and my needs must be met lol TMI I know!

MamaBlue4 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:01:59

Damn, phone deleting sentences. Meant to say ^All dc are in bed and I'm planning on DTD with DH tonight because, damn, I'm pregnant and my needs must be met lol TMI I know!

bubby64 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:03:15

watched The Voice this evening, the guy Liam singing A Womans Work, by Kate Bush, whih has always been a favorite soncg of mine, all I can say id WOW! I pressed record wuickly for Rich, and he cannot stop listening to him either. Wow again!

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 22:19:27

Mamma - I'm exhausted just reading your posts grin

Glad you have your transport sorted Bubby.

trips - how fantastic that you have managed to help you brother.

Chops - just seen 10k !!

Hope you are ok Shabs - emotional and tough times for you x

soks - I still can believe we got married on the same day - what time was yours?

Im OK thanks Rubester xx

MamaBlue4 Sat 06-Apr-13 23:02:34

ruby I'm exhausted reading it back.

bubby I loved Rich & Liam, I also like Smith and Jones because I love that song. I always tell my DH he should go on The Voice , although I'm biased but he'd rather stick his head in his racing notes.

Dts are awake and talking to each other, even though I only fed them an hour ago and DH is kicking me in his sleep. It's only time before they demand feeding or start fussing so in the meantime I'll search blindly on the internet and buy things I'll regret in the morning off ebay.

Morning girls xx

triplets Sun 07-Apr-13 08:27:21

Goodmorning Shabs goodmorning all! Shabs 6.32am is far too early for a Sunday! What happened to the lie in you were looking forward to? Does this mean you have our breakfast trolley ready coz I`m dying for a cuppasmile Woke up an hour ago to blazing sunshine, opened the curtains and there was crisp white frost.........bizarre! Hopefully now it will start to warm up for all of us, its been a very long winter for us all. So whats everyone up to today? Hope my house isn`t going to be full of teens, by 5.30pm y/day Becca had brought her friends in for a drink, all six of them, then Thomas appeared with two of his, all in their army gear so I had a total of 10 fifteen year olds! No wonder dk stayed up his allotment!!

MamaBlue4 Sun 07-Apr-13 08:54:30

Morning girls! Nice to see the sun is somewhat shining.

Any coffee on that trolley? I'm exhausted and too many things to do haha.

MY father will be having ds1 and dd so I can do last minute birthday shopping for dd, then father's to tea. DH will be staying at home as he's very unwell.

Okay, time to get dts dressed. Enjoy your day everyone! smile

Sokmonsta Sun 07-Apr-13 11:00:25

Morning ladies
<hands mama a steaming espresso>

Just getting up here blush

Dh got up with the dc earlier (7am?!) and left me in bed. Feel obliged to get up now but it has been a lovely lie in.

Off to mum and dad's today after lunch too so even little to do as they've invited us for tea. Yum.

Hope you all have relaxing days.

bubby64 Sun 07-Apr-13 14:52:19

I had a lie in today as well, woke at 8, but stayed in bed until 10.30 reading quietly, blissgrin
J actually has got showered and dressed shock ,
I told everyone they could make themselves sandwiches for lunch, and I would cook later. M vacuumed through for me, as he wants some xbox points to play one of his games.I have said to them both if they want extra money they not only have to do their regular jobs (feed animals, tidy rooms, bring down dirty washing and take up and put away clean clothes) but extra bits too, M is willing, J is just ignoring ALL chores and hoping I will give in. Well, i won'twink

Dan, Tom & my nephew Nathan made my parents back garden look beautiful today. Its my Dads pride and joy but he is simply not up to doing all the work. My nephew is a landscape gardener by trade and was the 'boss' for the day. Tom loved being with his big brother and his cousin...it never happens there are always 'little kids' in the way smile Nathans wife cleaned the house from top to bottom for my Mum - and did a beautiful job.

............and me and my Dad sat on the settee with our feet up on the low coffee table..... massive tumbler of Whisky each!!! Talking about our beloved Manchester City and reminiscing.....feel very resigned and a little sad wondering what the coming weeks will bring. Bloody cancer - I hate you. xxx

MamaBlue4 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:56:40

shabs those small moments are one's to cherish and I'm sure your dad looks forward them. Cancer is a twat, I lost my mother to it when I was younger.

Had a lovely day at my father's, dc really enjoy spending time with him. He proves a lot of Russian stereotypes wrong.

Just about to put dd to bed, she's very tired and she has a big day tomorrow. Can't believe she'll be 2!!!

triplets Sun 07-Apr-13 20:56:10

So sorry you lost your Mum Mamma, cancer is vile, my dh has it. It has certainly turned our lives upside down..........again. Already in my bed as feeling abit weird, one of my dizzy spells that can lead to a panic attack if I`m not careful. Any of that whisky left Shabs? How lovely of the boys to do their Grandads garden, very glad you`ve all had a nice day. x

MamaBlue4 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:43:13

The pain is now a dull ache and I still miss her terribly, it's a shame she never got to meet her Grandchildren (she died while I was 18 weeks pregnant with ds1. I don't think my father ever fully recovered always retelling stories to the dc about Mum. Sorry to hear about your dh it's the worse thing in world feeling helpless. Sending you loads of positive thoughts.

I should be resting and getting much sleep as possible and DH is nagging at me to slow down or I'll wear myself out before my first scan lol

Morning girls xx

Tom back to school today.....and Lew back tomorrow!!! Thank God - it feels like they have been off school for about 18 months!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.