D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

triplets Sat 23-Mar-13 08:27:41

Goodmorning Shabs...........you have it much worse than us, woken up to wet windy sleet. Its been a very long winter, just want to see some sun. Forecast the same all next week!

Dont know if I have ever mentioned it BUT I bloody hate Winter (or Spring that thinks its still Winter) hmm grin

bubby64 Sat 23-Mar-13 09:15:23

Morning All - bloody cold and just started snowing again here, did so on and off yesterday.
Trips - glad H is feeling better, typical red taoe garbage with your brosad have a good time tonight tho.
I am back doing my 2nd job as "On Call" for care agency this weekend, I hadn't done it since Christmas even tho they said after only a couple of weeks post op "you are working from home, surely you can do it!" and now I am glad I gave myself that time away from it, as id forgotten how stressful it can beconfused Was still trying to sort out office boobs up til 11 last night, and woken at 5.30 with another set of problems. Usual scenario, the office have been greedy and have taken on too much work and no if anyone calls in sick! As we do a lot of 24hr dementia crisis work, this can lead to big problems as clients cannot be left alonesad Luckily, I am fairly well liked , and the carers also know I will always try to help them if they need it. this has meant I have won through again so far, and people have stepped into the breech, but God help me if anything else happens. Dreading heavy snow as this always causes stress of getting to rural clients, let it wait til Monday please!!

rubyrubyruby Sat 23-Mar-13 10:09:23

Put me down Shabs I'm getting dizzy grin

Hope DH is better today Trips - shame your meal had to be postponed.
I'm going to try and catch up with the thread as it looks like lots has been going on and most of it not good

Has Chops been around?

Snow here ....

bubby64 Sat 23-Mar-13 11:22:44

aaaaarrrgggh - STOP SNOWIING!!!

Sokmonsta Sat 23-Mar-13 15:14:04

Been snowing here all day. And nothing but wet to show for it.

Blasted washing machine has packed up too. So new one arriving Wednesday! Still got to get a load of sopping wet clothes out of it but mum is going to take them for us.

On the positive side, Jen appears to be much better today. She's not been sick and has kept down a few spoonfuls of porridge.

Mum is babysitting the brood tonight so we can go out. Supposed to be going out for my birthday with friends but the majority can't make it. So instead dh and I have booked a table for 2 at Prezzo and will enjoy an evening to ourselves.

triplets Sat 23-Mar-13 15:56:14

Soky when is your b/day? If its today happy happy birthday! I don`t think I have ever known it so cold, dh just opened the back door and it felt like an Artic gale coming through . Anyone fancy a brew
<<Trips dusts trolley and finds best china, rock cakes and gingerbread>>

bubby64 Sat 23-Mar-13 21:10:04

*H♡A♡P♡P♡Y B♡I♡R♡T♡H♡D♡A♡Y SOKs thankswine
Enjoy your meal.

My oven is playing up, fan only working intermittently and it doesn't seem to get to the correct temperature. I made pizzas today totally from scratch I have you knowgrin and they took ages to cook, despite the oven being set at 220. Another expense I can do withoutsad
Also totally shit day on call as well, and , as the snow is continuing to fall, I can see tomorrow's not going to get a lot better. Thank God for the charity Rover Rescue, whos volunteers will happily spend the day ferrying our carers around to their clients in their beloved 4×4s. For some reason they enjoy driving in snow!grin

rubyrubyruby Sat 23-Mar-13 23:05:56

Happy Birthday Soks x

Hope you have a quiet day tomorrow bubby. How's your foot doing - are you making good progress?

bubby64 Sat 23-Mar-13 23:36:53

Hi Rubes -Foot seems to be ok, getting really fed up with having a caste tho, only 12 more days in this one, hopefully its the last one and they put me in a removable space boot thing. I long to go to bed without this on my leg.,

bubby64 Sat 23-Mar-13 23:37:46

after 12 weeks the leg will be really mankyblush

Morning girls xx

Happy Birthday Soks - hope you had a great night out xxx

rubyrubyruby Sun 24-Mar-13 08:33:35

It's been ages bubby - I would have gone insane!

triplets Sun 24-Mar-13 08:56:34

Morning all............can`t believe we went out last night, what a diff it makes you feel. Dh was in good form and made us all laugh, its been a lng time since I saw him like that. Another freezing cold day, the thread title turned out to be very apt didn`t it?

bubby64 Sun 24-Mar-13 19:44:34

Glad you had a nice time Trips.<<<cheers from the sidelines>>>
Still snowing here, so i utilised the landrover volunteersgrin grinSome people need a good slapping! Carer rang to say car had broken down, cancel his shift please (1/2 hr before shift starts), I said I couldn't cover, and client (a learning disability group with lots of small group homes) said neither could they, so eventually they agreed they would pay for a taxi to take him. I told carer to get in taxi and go. An hr later, no carer had arrived, I rang and he said, sorry, decided not to go, but to sort car out!! We jumped through hoops to get the git there to be in the house overnight. It took a real bollocking and threat of disciplinary action to get the git to do what he had promised to do over an hour earlier!!

Morning girls xx

rubyrubyruby Mon 25-Mar-13 08:12:47

Frustrating Bubby angry

I need pulling out the gutter. I usually start to feel better in March, but this weather, being ill and drugged up and other pressures have me moping.

I need motivation ..........
and this week it's gonna happen!!!

<<smokes her piggin' e-cig and marvels at how wonderful it is hmm>>

Dont want to stop smoking - I like it....disgusting I know BUT I like it. Cant afford to do it anymore even though I only smoke about 5 a day. Danny had a spare e-cig so he has given it to me.

I am sat sulking because NO its not the same....I know smoking is bad for you. makes your breath stink and your clothes BUT I LOVE SMOKING - there you go!! LOL

If I just give up I will eat like two pigs instead of just one - so, for now, I am outside with my e-cig (no I dont know why either) with Lew shouting encouragement through the window...'Thats great Andma - keep using that e-cig and it will stop you from 'cigging' (thats what he calls smoking)

<<mutters to herself 'I like doing stuff I'm not supposed to do'>>

<<kicks the wall and sulks>>

Chopstheduck Mon 25-Mar-13 11:08:34

aww shabs, quitting smoking is a nightmare! I've done it twice. blush Stopped for a few years, then restarted when the twins were small, then kicked the habit again and not smoked since then.

ruby, hope you do feel better this week x

<<Waves to everyone else>>

bubby64 Mon 25-Mar-13 11:24:06

Ruby - glad you are back with us anyway,
Shabs- Sorry its not the same, but , for your own health try and stick with it, I am joining Lew in cheering you on from the sidelines thanks
Glad to get rid of on call this morning. I had forgotten how disruptive it is to the whole family. Seriously wondering whether the money is eorth it.
-2 here this morning, yet it took all my pursuasive skills to get the boys to wear coats, hats and gloves to school, It still baffles me why it is 'cool' to be freezing cold!confused

triplets Mon 25-Mar-13 13:56:56

Afternoon ladies, took a written request to my brothers gp this morning asking him to fax the cardiologist in London asap. My brother had a very scary angina attack on Sun, thats 2 in a week. This weather just doesn`t motivate you to do anyhting does it, dh was going up the allotment but turned round and came back.............grrr as I could have had hours on here and watched y/days Deal or no Dealgrin

Sokmonsta Tue 26-Mar-13 05:24:43

Didn't go out Saturday in the end. Snow and poorly Jen put paid to that - didn't think it fair to drag mum out in snow and then Jen started with squits. She seems ok now though, sleepy still but eating ok. Did pass it on to me though!

Shiny new washing machine arrived at 0655 yesterday! Have discovered with my smaller wash baskets and bigger machine capacity, I can get a whole basket load done in one go. Bloody brilliant. <ponders how sad her life is getting excited over things domestic>

Shabs, you're a brave woman giving up the cigs with all you've got going on at the moment. Good luck.

rubyrubyruby Tue 26-Mar-13 05:31:20

Sorry you didn't get out Soks

I've never smoked Shabs so it's hard to understand what it's like to give up. Hang in there love.

Morning xx

bubby64 Tue 26-Mar-13 12:07:00

Morning All. Shabs, hows it going? Soks- sorry about not geting out, but grin over washing machine. I was like that when I hot my new one a month ago, also, I hadn't realised how badly the old one had been washing thingsblush
Dc went out without their coats again, they will be complaining about being frozen on the walk home from the bus, but will I give a fig....nahhhhhh.
Also R forgot to take out the wheelie bin, so I have just managed to do so, leaning on 1 crutch and using the bin for the other support, knackered now, but I managed it!wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.