D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

bubby64 Sat 09-Mar-13 21:37:20

Hi sassy, Yes, the arms were out, and I just used to put them in little vests before putting them in them, I had heavier weight ones for winter, and the light weight ones gor summer, you just adjusted what thry wore whilst in them.

bubby64 Sat 09-Mar-13 21:38:13

Can't believe it, its snowing again here!

triplets Sat 09-Mar-13 22:41:39

Evening ladies, feeling abit fed up. Dk was really horrible earlier, boys have a friend sleeping over so noise noise noise............tomorrow will be my first ever Mother Day without my Mum, Mothers Day without Matthew, dk has not bought anything for the kids to give me as he quite rightly said they are old enough to start buying their own...they have all been to town today but I know for sure 2/3 haven`t even bought me a card........then on top of everything someone has posted on a FB site a video of my Dad being interviewed, he died in 2000.............bitter sweet feelings watching it sad What a day......................

Sokmonsta Sun 10-Mar-13 08:26:31

Morning lovely mummies. thanksbrew (wine-too early?)

Trips - I hope you have a better day and the dc surprise and think of you.

rubyrubyruby Sun 10-Mar-13 08:37:48

Happy Morhers Day xxxxxx

I hope you all have a lovely day.

rubyrubyruby Sun 10-Mar-13 08:39:04

mothers grin and Morhers too of course,

Morning girls xx

Chopstheduck Sun 10-Mar-13 11:10:30

Happy mother's day everyone, hope you all have lovely days xxx

Sassy I also used muslins in summer.

I am being lazy - have copied and pasted this message to the bereaved mums thread and to here.....

Have spent since last night at our local hospital with my Dad.....they think he has had a mini stroke. Speech and everything totally back to normal now and CT scan is clear. They are keeping him in for another night under observation. I am so far beyond tired it is a joke!!

Last night in the middle of A & E the male nurse came in. Lovely man with kind, gentle eyes. He explained he would be looking after my Dad and left the room - he rushed back in and said 'I am so sorry I never introduced myself....my name is MATT!!! Nobody else in that room realised the enormity of that one little name - I smiled and looked up at him and said 'thank you.' xxxxx

bubby64 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:35:49

Shabs - oh love, I wish we could do more to help, and I hope your dad is feeling better. My mum had a mini stroke (TIA- transient ischemic attack) on DHs birthday in February, and she has made a good recovery, so I hope you have the same result thanksbrew or do you need wine.
Trips - I also hope you had some sort of surprise for Mothers Day, I had flowers and chocs, but also it went along with a massive temper tantrum last night from M, and another meltdown today from J, all because of the fact they were not able to go on the laptop as the puppy had chewed through the charger cable (when they were suppposed to be looking after him!) I also ended up cooking the roast dinner, as dh got so fed up with J he stormed out and left it half prepared, so good and bad here for the day.
thanks and wine for all us Mums on Mothers Day.

triplets Sun 10-Mar-13 18:55:53

Good evening girls, day was much as expected! No cards, my dd had bought me a £1 bag of nuts out of the fiver her Dad had given her to buy me something.Ds2 disappeard mid morning and came back with a sorry its late card and a small box of chocs. Went to the cemetery to Matthew and Mum, oh so sad. Then all kids disappeared out so H and I went to the cinema to see Lincoln which was good. Now H under my supervision is cooking the M&S meal deal and I have a second very large glass of fizz. Its been stressful, I miss my Mum........xx

Just got back from hospital - Dads speech is normal and he seems much better. They are letting him come home tomorrow which he is thrilled about. Then we have to go on Tuesday for his final results from a hospital further away from home. So....for now....he is back to being my Dad....even walked us to the door of the ward and waved us off. My Mum tried sneaking him two tins of Guiness in because (as she said) it will build him up grin I put them both in my bag and I thought he was going to have a paddy!!! I said 'you can have them back when you are home!!'

Trips - wish I could help you love - I can imagine how much you miss your Mum xxxxx

triplets Mon 11-Mar-13 01:40:02

Oh Shabs that is good news, bless him. Well as you can see its gone 1am, I went to bed in tears at 8pm after awful row with dk, my two boys ended up in tears and ds1 actually turned on his Dad and said "oh well done" meaning he had really upset me. Dk seems to have got so hard, never shows me any empathy, and it got so bad I said I wanted out and he said go. Feel trapped and sad, 36 years of our lives. Strange now to think that from 1978-1994 were pure happiness, then we lost Matthew. Even the birth of T/R/J IN 1998 has not fulfilled what we once had............and that makes me feel very guilty and very sad. Its terrible to say this but life inside these 4 walls would be so very much less stressful if it were just me and the kids. I am feeling very much now that they are feeling the effect of having much older parents, and I am too with our 11 year age gap. I truly don`t want to leave him, I truly want to make life easier and happier for all of us, but don`t know how. In the past I have suggested councelling but he gets very angry at the word and says he doesn`t need it and sees it as a weakness. Right now with the cancer being in remission we should be so much happier, that has taken its toll on us, all of us. He would be very angry if he knew I was saying all of this to you all, he would never talk about our problems to anybody. He has a sister in London who knows how it is here she has always understood and been very supportive of me, but they don`t get on and he really doesn`t like it because she and I do. We are actually very much alike, her b/day is the day before mine, maybe he sees us as too much the same...........oh I don`t know.
Sorry girls, its lonely when yo can`t sleep and just feels better to write it all down.........so wide awake, going to feel awful in the morning. xx

Morning girls xx

sad Trips - very similar situation in our house for a lot of the time. The loss of a child/children turns a parents world upside down. Having a child/children when a woman is in her 40's is hard...especially when, like you, it is a multiple birth. Then, to top it off, a serious illness for one of the parents......its so difficult and hard to know what to do.

I hope you can get sorted love. I know how hard it is and I wish I could help xxx

triplets Mon 11-Mar-13 09:32:51

Goodmorning Shabs, less than 2 hours sleep so feeling wonderful. Kids pretty quiet this morning and we are just shuffling around each other. Its trying to snow, blowing a gale.............bloody winter blues! Thank you for your kind words Shabs, I know you fully understand. xx

bubby64 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:24:16

Shabs - glad your Dad is on the mend from this setback, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Had to laugh about the guiness, but I remember a time when I worked on the wards, and dome patients got a can of guiness a day on prescription! grin
Trips - What can I say, I am also an older parent, luckily DH is younger than me. As you know, we have had a our ups and downs with our relationship, and I know how hard it can be. Yes, I lost my little ones, but they had had no time to make a real impact on the world, unlke the loss you and shabs suffered. This loss put a real strain on our marriage, and things have never really been the same since, and so I can understand, if only a little, what you are going through, sad
It is also more and more apparent that the boys , like your DS1, defend me more when DH gets into a strop, as the perceive him as often being the perpetrator of a lot of our rows with his often unreasonable behaviour. And he would also go ballistic if he read what I write hereconfused

triplets Mon 11-Mar-13 14:16:17

Thank you Bubbs, imagine not having you all to turn to? Its a dear friends b/day tomorrow, she has advanced dementia. Three of us are taking her out to lunch, so I thought I would bake her her fav lemon drizzle cake. I should have known better, when I am upset I am rubbish, lemon drizzle collapsed, then I made 24 buns.............burnt the whole lot..............3rd time lucky, knocked up a Victoria Sandwich which is ok............phew! Also lost my voice through crying................feel a bloody mess today. Still trying to snow, the thread title was dead right!!

bubby64 Mon 11-Mar-13 17:44:26

Snowing here again, has been since Saturday morning, the boys were hoping for a snowday todsy, but the roads are being kept clear, even tho we have a few inches settled on grass etc.
Trips- I was baking today, just because I felt like it, mixed and made cupcakes all by hand rather than using mixer, just because I was bored. I havent made cakes for just us at home for ages, it always seems to be for other people or bake sales etc. They have turned out fine, but I bet when I bake for Red Nose day on Friday, they will all be crap! I am going to make bread for the rest of the week tomorrow.

triplets Mon 11-Mar-13 22:02:53

Just been cheered up! My best friend who lives in Cornwall, has just phoned me up from Nicaragua, she sensed from my email I was feeling down..........she was sooo excited, she is buying an island!! It is about £130,000 with 4 houses, all mains even wifi!! She intends to do up the houses and rent the island out to groups of family or friends so they get the place exclusively to themselves, how exciting! I bagsy the best hammock!

Chopstheduck Tue 12-Mar-13 06:57:28

wow, trips that sounds amazing. Perfect location for a meetup? wink

We've had a few snow showers, but nothing has settled thank goodness. I regret that title now, I'm sure I talked it up!

I had a nice mother's day, went for a run, chilled then went out for dinner. Though I think the kids overdid the buffet a bit, one was throwing up when we got home, and another had diarrhea the next day!

Hope your dad is on the mend. Love the story of your mum trying to sneak in a couple of cans! grin

Off for a meeting with the HT today about the school residential. I'm hoping it is just formalities, but think it is probably something to do with the fact that the deputy has currently left the school (personal reasons??) and the plan for Jack to go for just two nights is probably now scuppered. Fingers crossed!

bubby64 Tue 12-Mar-13 09:25:30

Love the idea of an Island meet-upgrin
I have 3 frozen boys here, Twins and their friend, all of whom waited for the school bus for an hour in the snow with freezing wind blowing, and it didn't come. They said all the older kids went home at least 20minutes before them, but they waited as they didn't want to get in trouble! They walked back here as friends mum at work, all 3 blue with cold, and I just rang the school and the bus had broken down. The school said can they go back to the stop and wait, as it would be there eventually, I told them no, they are not walking back down1/2 mile to freeze whilst waiting to catch a bus that might or might not come, and DH will bring all 3 in at lunchtime,
school -."can't you get them here sooner??"
me- "No - I cant drive, and we have 1 bus a day leaves the village at 12.30, if the school want to send a taxi, they can get there sooner"
"we will have to mark them unauthorised absence then"
Que me getting irate and demanding to speak with head teacher who has now assured me that it is a genine absence, and its ok to send them in with Dh if he drives home and collects them during his lunch break!angry angry

Chopstheduck Tue 12-Mar-13 09:38:53

shock How far is the school bubby?

I'd have kept dd off and told the school to get stuffed. dd is 3.5 miles and if I haven't got the car, she can't get there, simples. Maybe if it was warmer she could walk, but it 40mph roads with narrow paths in places, so i wouldn't really be very happy to let her do it.

Just been up the school, looks like Jack isn't going to the school trip after all. The HT basically implied that the deputy is being investigated for something, so the school can't put themselves in the compromising position of the HT bringing J home in her car, alone. <sigh> he will be disappointed. There is no other way around it though - it's 3 hours away so I can't fetch him around school runs, dh can't get time off bcos he is switching jobs, and J can't cope with the full week.

bubby64 Tue 12-Mar-13 13:09:30

Hi chops- school 8.5miles away, so can't get them there unless you drive. I know your DS was originally notvery keen on the residential trip, but its a shame its ended like this. I hope the allegations against this teacher are unfounded.

Chopstheduck Tue 12-Mar-13 13:24:38

wow, they do have a long run there, poor boys!

Yeah, I think ds1 is going to be a bit disappointed. We had discussed it last night though, so he is prepared for the possibility. I'm really hoping the allegations are false too, he was dd's teacher too, he is the deputy, been with the school for years, very good teacher.

This thread is not accepting new messages.