D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

Morning girls xx

rubyrubyruby Sat 02-Mar-13 11:22:24

Morning

Great news about Tom Shabs smile
we are on the 6th form interview trail at the moment too.

<<waves to everyone>>

bubby64 Sat 02-Mar-13 15:54:01

Trips - I know that the only other school is the one they are merging with, but is that merger on the other schools site? If so, are the staff at this school feeling a little more confident about their jobs? If this is the case, may it not be a better idea for the 3 of them to move to that more stable environment now and get a little more settled before the merger, rather than wait until the merger itself, when everyone else will be struggling to settle. They know that their friend's will be joining them soon, and it might give them a chance to get ahead of the game, so to speak.

bubby64 Sat 02-Mar-13 16:17:59

I have also just got my boys reports, and , academically they are both doing well and meeting or exceeding their personal targets, except for J and french, which is not at all surprising, as he hates his french teacher! I am very pleased and pleasantly surprised with J as he has had such a hard time lately. It does say that J is struggling to "make and maintain new friendships" though, and I hope that this is helped by this "4YP" counselling. His attitude at home seems to be a lot better lately, I just hope this continues, and he and DH started the karate together this week, which J is really pleased about. M is now showing a bit of the "green eyed beast" over this, but J needs this time alone with dad. A free boxing class has started upnat the local sports centre, run by the county councils "get active" program, ang DH has said he will go with M to that, he is going to get very fit at this rate!grin

Sokmonsta Sun 03-Mar-13 03:31:55

Morning!!

Glad there's so much good news with school reports and getting places.

Trips(?) I agree with bubs(?) may have confused you all. But is it possible to move to the new site sooner rather than later, or are the school worried that would open the flood gates with others moving.

It's a pity they haven't sent some of their new teachers over for some consistency.

Hammered Dh's wallet today grin
New boots and dress. Plus a pair of shoes and he paid for breakfast. Got to love a f&b breakfast.

Got the bigs lots of new (and needed) shoes thanks to outlet clarks & tamba 20% off. Savings paid for one of the pairs of shoes. Heaven knows how much we've saved against regular prices. Last time it would have been £130 if we went to high street store. We paid just over £50.

Kids have a party this afternoon. I'm expecting my boss to phone and hoping for a chilled day.

Chopstheduck Sun 03-Mar-13 07:42:36

Great news with the reports.

I can't wait to go shopping, soks! Once I lose this weight, I will def need some new clothes grin

I will get the dts reports tomorrow. And I got the letter yest to say that Jack has got into secondary with dd! We were fairly confident since dd already there, but it a nightmare school to get into - oversubscribed and they prioritise the applications from their own borough, so though we are in catchment, often ppl from our area still get declined. His bf is also in, which is brilliant news, as Jack is totally devoted to him.

Morning girls. x

bubby64 Sun 03-Mar-13 13:57:07

Chops - great news about DS and his school place, we have very little choice here, so we were 90% sure this time last year the boys would get in to the school. It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that we were waiting for this news, can't believe its been a year!
Soks- I , too, get very greatful for the TAMBA card when it comes to buying school shoes, as we also always get Clarkes. If I can, I get them at the Clacton outlet store. Glad you got something for yourself too, that is domething I vary rarely doblush
Morning Shabs - have things settled there yet????

triplets Sun 03-Mar-13 16:57:54

Afternoon ladies...<<passes round plate of just baked rock cakes>> no can`t send them down anyway to the other school as as from Sept that school will only take the new yr 7 and current year 8 from from our school. Atm what they are saying is that from yr 11 they will stay in situ with a whole new staff. Again though we don`t know how long that will be for, the new build is going to take 18 months, but we now also know that they intends selling our schools site for housing. Its really horrible situation, such a good school with brilliant facilites that are already in place, crazy. Better go and see how my leg of lamb is doing. Found it in the freezer y/day, dks eyes lit up when he saw it, thinks he`s in for a gluttonous feast. Little does he know it now looks deformed as I sliced off a huge chunk of it and thats in the other oven with carrots and onions to make a hot pot for tomorrow!!

Awful afternoon - my precious Dad is very unwell. xxxx

rubyrubyruby Sun 03-Mar-13 22:00:01

Oh Shabs sad I'm so sorry love xxxxx

You know we are here if you need to talk more x

Thank you - yes I know I have lovely friends here. xx

He gets his results on Tuesday from the biopsy they carried out last week. I am very sure I know what the results will be. Today my Mum rang in a blind panic and Danny came for me and we went to help. Where they did the biospy in his gum something had happened and he was literally covered in blood from his gum. I rang the hospital and they said to get a hankie or a dressing and wet it then press it down for 20 minutes. I managed to stop the bleeding but poor Danny.......I didnt know that my Dad had run to the kitchen sink because he had blood in his mouth. My lovely first born had cleaned the entire kitchen and got rid of all the blood.

My Mum just wanted a cigarette.....they both gave up smoking 42 years ago but she wanted one. I had mine with me but within seconds she was onto another subject.

I hope and pray with every part of me that one night they have a few drinks, go to bed, have a cuddle and pass away quietly and peacefully together. I know that may sound weird but I cant bear the thought of one without the other.

This life is cruel at times.

Sorry for being so miserable - I have to keep concentrating on my breathing to keep the dreaded panic attacks away xxx

rubyrubyruby Sun 03-Mar-13 22:27:03

I do know what you mean Shabs - doesn't sound weird at all.

The waiting is awful. Come Tuesday, at least you will know what you are dealing with, one way or another xxxx

Hope you sleep ok love xx

Thank you Rubester xx

triplets Sun 03-Mar-13 22:58:26

oh Shabs, so upset to read this.......there is no-one like your Dad, I miss mine every single day. Sending you love, keep strong as you have done all your life. xx

I will Trips - I am so proud of Danny - he disappeared while I was talking to my Dad. When we were coming home he had to stop the car because he felt sick and was crying. I should have gone and cleaned up and left him to talk to his Grandad but I didn't realise what had happened. sad

triplets Sun 03-Mar-13 23:21:16

Love you xx oh and fab pic on FB!

Love you too Trips - and, thank you, I should put make up on every day I suppose!!!

Morning girls xx

Spectacular nightmares all night!!!!

bubby64 Mon 04-Mar-13 12:39:31

Shabs - All I can do is send thanksthanks. Danny did really well, and so did you, I note it was you that your darling Dad rangbin his time of need. I just hope that the results you get tomorrow are better than expected, and that anything they do find can be treated. Keep up with the breathing, and we will keep praying for you and yours.

Chopstheduck Mon 04-Mar-13 13:30:30

Nothin really I can add, but {{hugs}} shabs and will be keeping everything crossed for you and your family xxx

inthewildernessbuild Mon 04-Mar-13 18:06:52

Shabs sending all the best wishes to your father and mother too. You sound like a very close family.

I've only just read all those doormat and rosepetal posts they are hilarious, interspersed with sadly all too true comments about knobby brothers hmm have at least one and half of those (sorry younger brother, occasionally you are a good egg) Okay the first brother is a bit misunderstood hmm, and alright underneath just bloody annoying on surface hmm

Chops absurdly relieved that someone knows about DCD.
Good news about your son's place. Ds2 has a place at older brother's school but we are 26 on waitingi list for his first choice which is round corner grin

Thanks to everybody for lovely messges.

Brother said sorry to me for being an arse....Danny talked to him face to face and told him what he thought about him. He texted to explain he was sorry and why he was an arse with me. I just texted back 'thank you xx' then shrugged and sighed. Families are hard work.

bubby64 Mon 04-Mar-13 19:45:46

Sorry, just got to go Whoop, Whoop!!!!!! J got a Head Teachers Award today for his Geography project!! After all the problems, tears, tantrums about High School over the past 3 months, this is a MASSIVE boost to his ego!

Bubby - that is fantastic - well done that lad xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.