D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

Chopstheduck Mon 25-Feb-13 13:13:17

soks, it will pass xx

Bubby, hopefully he is worrying about nothing. Number 4 is quite short, Rav and Jack on a 7. For some reason it always looks shorter on kids. But I doubt the other kids will give him any stick and it will soon grow back.

bubby64 Mon 25-Feb-13 16:02:57

chops- they both got some stick, as predicted, but both quite up-beat upon coming home, apparently one of the other boys who has thick curly hair had his cut by his mum, and they say his is the shape of a cube, do theirs is not so bad!

triplets Mon 25-Feb-13 23:10:55

Evening all, late up tonight, got dreadful indigestion.........too much M&S curry, felt lazy and couldn`t be bothered to cook. I shall never sleep, why do I do it.........all this baby talk is rather nice isn`t it? Is been a long time since we had babies on our thread................and we are the multiple birth thread after all! All that getting up in the night seems such a long time ago..............life was so much easier then.......not for you going through it atm though. All things pass smile night night xx

rubyrubyruby Mon 25-Feb-13 23:54:35

Shabs - you are too bloody quiet my love.
I know you said you're ok but I don't believe you ........

Donkey scrub?

Chopstheduck Tue 26-Feb-13 06:04:12

Morning girls xx

sooo sleepy!

Glad it wasn't too bad, bubby. x

Morning girls xx

Rubester - just both my parents really poorly, brother being an arse and Im knackered xx

Sokmonsta Tue 26-Feb-13 07:57:12

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Chopstheduck Tue 26-Feb-13 09:16:33

{{{hugs}}} shabs x Hope they both get well soon.

Bad night, Soks?

bubby64 Tue 26-Feb-13 13:57:55

l knew something was up Shabs, hope parents are soon well again, and things will be on the up.
soks - can you try to to sneak in a quick snooze when babes are napping, I don't know how you are placed today as far as your other 2 are concerned.
Ruby - how are the joliday plans coming on?
Morning Chops wink

bubby64 Tue 26-Feb-13 14:08:38

Trips - how could I forget you! I really fancy a curry at the moment, we have a really good infian resturant that does take out in the nearby town, people travel fairly large distances to ho there, and the do the best Lamb passanda i have ever tasted, i know we cant afford take out tonight,, so I think I had thaw out some chicken to make curry myself tonight. I know I have all the spices ready mixed in cupboard, as I get them from another local business called Rafis spice box, who are gradually expanding from the one shop they had to several shops and an online business. they provide pre prepared ingredients for whatever curry dish you fancy. I know it probebly won't be as good as something chops could make, but its better than out of a jar.

rubyrubyruby Tue 26-Feb-13 14:22:06

Awwwww Shabs - sorry love xxxxxxxxx

I love curry me - I'm not a big eater but always fancy a curry.

Have awful toothache atm - agony sad stretching right up to my ear.

Bubby - holiday is all booked so I'm just planning our days now. It's not like us to be this organised tbh we normally book late and see how it pans out when we get there!

triplets Tue 26-Feb-13 23:03:18

Can we please not mention curry..........still feeling the after effects from Sun night.......had coffee with my brother today, he handed me a letter from the stonemasons who are now awaiting instructions re the headstone. Poor Keith was in tears, he wants me to deal with it, another sad job. Shabs, I know it sounds impossible but if there is anything I can do.........I will. xxxx Kale Nits xx

Thank you Trips - I dont think there is to be honest. Dad had a biopsy under general anesthetic on his jaw bone at weekend. We are waiting for the results and he wont talk to me about it. He has only told my brother and my nephew...so I suspect the word cancer has been said to him. He is of the generation that dont say that word.

My brother and his wife took my Mum to theirs overnight whilst Dad was in hospital. It sent my Mums Alzheimers into overdrive and she is just about 'coming round' and getting back to her normal. My brother called me some awful names to his son. They included the word 'lazy' and 'uncaring' - but because my nephew is such an honest kid he has told me. Its all a massive mess.

Dad sounds much better to be honest - he says his jaw bone is numb and he can finally eat again after about 3 months of eating just soup. Mum is quite agitated and doesnt know whats going on.

Life is a bit weird at the moment - only managing to sleep about 3 hours a night. Mind on overdrive. My Mams wise words?? 'Eh love we all get old and knackered, and we all have to die of something - stop worrying!'

triplets Wed 27-Feb-13 00:13:45

Then you can have a {{{{{hug}}}} for now, try to sleep......... xxx

Night girls xx

Morning! Or Kala Mera as they say in Greece! x

triplets Wed 27-Feb-13 08:28:42

Kale Mera Shabs, hope you got some sleep..........I feel abit off today so just debating whether to go to school. Just had abit of a shock, had an email this morning from Harry`s cousin in Standish nr Wigan. He ex husband who we have known for over 35 yrs was found dead in his home, only 57. He went to pieces when their marriage broke up and drank heavily, my memories of him will always be good ones, sad.

Oh thats sad news Trips. Wigan is very, very close to us. 57 is no age is it xx

bubby64 Wed 27-Feb-13 09:37:21

Morning All. (((((( Shabs )))))), So sorry to hear about problems with parents. Even a brief period out of her home environment sends my mum into a spin now, so understand completely sbout your mum, as for your dad, even if it is cancer, so much can be done now. Why is your brother being so nasty, did he even give you a chance yo help more, or did he take over and not give you a chance as my bossy brother would have done, then moaned like hell afterwards
Trips - hope you feeling better now, won't mention the spicy food word again
Ruby - holiday sounds good , we just think we will have a week csmping at a site in Norfolk, can't afford anything more.
Soks - did you have a better day and night ?
DH and J should be starting karate tonight, despite the fact DH has a cold, he has put it off for 2 weeks, and J will be really upset and angry if he puts off starting for a 3rd time, especially as J trying so hard to turn over a new leaf and behave in a responsible manner.
He has trying hard in school, and was allowed to rejoin the church youth club last night (he was told to leave before Christmas due to his behaviour), so he deserves this reward.

Sokmonsta Wed 27-Feb-13 09:58:43

Morning ladies! Feeling brighter here today!

Shabs, I'm so sorry sad hope things turn out ok x

All the children had such a good sleep last night. Dh only got up once to Jennifer. James came in twice but just wanted to be snuggled back up. At 7am this morning we had to wake them all up! Am wondering whether the hour or so in the park yesterday did James and the twins some good - all that brisk fresh air.

Have been naughty/PA this morning. Some delightful soul has parked their car on the pavement at the top of our road. Blocked in one car slightly (but no one knows whose car that is so I can't knock) and two other cars are parked on the road but tight up to it so you can't get a single, let alone double pushchair through. I had to walk in the road with the twins while hoping no one turned into our road as I'd have been run over (very few people drive responsibly herehmm).

Anyway, left a little note on my way out saying its a footpath not a carpark, in case car was gone when I got back. But no, it's still there. So in my best PA style, I've written an A4 sheet asking them not to park there, it's inconsiderate and it would be awful if their car got damaged by people trying to use the path properly. Stuck it under the wipers on a nice, wet windscreen. Here's hoping it dries before they get back to their car. I cannot abide people who park on the paths with no consideration for anyone else. It gets me all in a rage.

Sokmonsta Wed 27-Feb-13 09:59:53

Morning ladies! Feeling brighter here today!

Shabs, I'm so sorry sad hope things turn out ok x

All the children had such a good sleep last night. Dh only got up once to Jennifer. James came in twice but just wanted to be snuggled back up. At 7am this morning we had to wake them all up! Am wondering whether the hour or so in the park yesterday did James and the twins some good - all that brisk fresh air.

Have been naughty/PA this morning. Some delightful soul has parked their car on the pavement at the top of our road. Blocked in one car slightly (but no one knows whose car that is so I can't knock) and two other cars are parked on the road but tight up to it so you can't get a single, let alone double pushchair through. I had to walk in the road with the twins while hoping no one turned into our road as I'd have been run over (very few people drive responsibly herehmm).

Anyway, left a little note on my way out saying its a footpath not a carpark, in case car was gone when I got back. But no, it's still there. So in my best PA style, I've written an A4 sheet asking them not to park there, it's inconsiderate and it would be awful if their car got damaged by people trying to use the path properly. Stuck it under the wipers on a nice, wet windscreen. Here's hoping it dries before they get back to their car. I cannot abide people who park on the paths with no consideration for anyone else. It gets me all in a rage.

My brother???? He is very odd - at least I know I am weird!!!

I noticed at my Dads 80th birthday party - it was my YOUNGER brother that gave a speech - after I said I would love to do it. Maybe its the male menopause? He called me some nasty names to his son.....said I was a benefit scrounger (thats one of the much nicer things) and he totally took over when Dad went in hospital. He says that my attitude is stupid - I always laugh and joke with my parents because thats the way I am. Oh I dont know whats wrong with the knob fool - I just know that our Danny also knows what has been said about me and is spoiling for a fight.....when, god forbid, my parents die I think the 'wake' is going to be interesting!!! I suppose it wont be the first time that someone has had a punch up after a funeral.

Think I will take him on Jezzer Kyle grin

<<runs back into the thread>> Oh yeah <<said like a sulky teenager>> it was my bleedin' brother who when I said, at Dans wedding, how much I wished Gareth & Matthew were there he shrugged his shoulders and said 'Well they cant be!!' and walked off.

<<gets her boxing gloves on and goes to find her knobber brother>>

bubby64 Wed 27-Feb-13 15:22:46

Its my elder brother who is the knobber in this family. After the way he has treated me in the past few years, including threatening me with arrest when he accused me of defrauding my mum (she had gifted me a sum of money before the Altzheimers had kicked in, and was fully aware of what she was doing, but he found out 4yrs later after when he took over with the power of attorny and claimed I had stolen the cash!) he knows not to come near me when DH is around as DH is longing to punch his lights out! Trouble is he is a police officer, so would have DH arrested without a doubtangry
TBH, I know when it comes to the reading of the Will after mum dies he is going to be a nightmare, as I know that everything she has except her jewellry is to be split between the grandchildren, ( all three of us have 2 children each, so that's fair) but her jewellery has all been left to me. He will contest the jewellery bit, I know.sad

Chopstheduck Wed 27-Feb-13 18:34:54

money really is the root of all evil isn't it! DH has had a big falling out with his family today. He loaned them his car, since we are trying to economize and manage with one car atm. It was registered in his aunt's name, as she originally funded it, dh paid her installments for a while, then she said he could have it as a gift, after buying his bro a car. Anyway, they took it a fortnight ago and they've sold it. The personal plates they bought him for his 30th bday have also gone. He asked them four times, not to sell it, he loved that car. angrysad

Shabs, I do hope your dad is ok. And your brother needs a kick!

soks, glad you got some sleep, fingers crossed for another good night tonight.

I am knackered. Constantly running kids here there and everywhere. I need a taxi light. Then maybe I could switch it off once in a while too!

This thread is not accepting new messages.