D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

rubyrubyruby Sun 17-Feb-13 21:05:15

Mine are all back at school tomorrow bubby,
How's that puppy ?

Am I the only one who's ridiculously excited that Trips and Chops are still posting from their holidays grin

triplets Sun 17-Feb-13 22:51:52

grin oh Rubester, now you have made me laughgrin Had a very lazy day today, sat and read mags, papers, dipped into the hot tub, had tandoori prawns and pinot grigio..................off to Padstow tomorrow to explore. Phoned my best friend and we are meeting up on Weds...............will tell dk on Tues nightgrin Chops.............wow it sounds fantastic, how was the skiing? Hope your dd is having a ball! Bubbs, how is your ankle mending, hope you are getting there! Shabs, I could have done with you playing me a song at 4am this morning, don`t know why but thought of you.............................and Tom Selleck! I just love his eyes, used to watch him in Magnum PI,but hated his voice then it was too wimpy....................now in Blue Bloods he is ....is....is <<swoon..thud>> Where was I? Oh yes, Tom Selleck, many moons ago my pen pal in California sent me a Magnum PI calendar for Christmas, omg.....I kept it on February all year......................<<swoon at the memory>> dk used to get jealous of seeing it on my pin board grin Night night xxx

Chopstheduck Mon 18-Feb-13 00:36:28

Evening girls x

grin @ rubes!

Trips, I'm here with dh, we managed to cover child for all the kids in the end.

Skiing was fab! I am so going to feel it tomorrow though! Came charging down a hill like Eddie the Eagle, then splat onto my shoulder! Might go again in a few days though. Dh even fell over thre times goign UP thr hill grin then we went for smoked meat sarnies, and chips at Swartz, then came back for a soak ina boiling bath, wine and a book. We have a bath each in our hotel suite! Its -17 out now, so going to chill out for the evening, off to a Ice hockey match tomorrow.

Chopstheduck Mon 18-Feb-13 00:41:39

Bubs, I have family here too, but unfortunately they couldn't get over to see us in the end, they are a good four hours away I think. Toronto.

Morning girls xx

triplets Mon 18-Feb-13 07:57:54

Chops how exciting it all sounds! Well I have woken up well (actually been woken up by James setting his bloody alarm) to a very grey and very windy day..........grrrrrr the wind here y/day was really strong and very cold, it spoilt going in the hot tub as it just whipped around your face. I usually love getting up for an early dip but not today, even the ducks are struggling to stay in the water the lake looks like its got waves!! The accomodation here is 100%, but having experienced Center Parcs they win it on atmosphere and facilities. Still it will be nice to explore the north coast and I get to see Nicky!! Wish someone would get me a cuppa..............
<<Trips notes no trolley service in operation>>

Sokmonsta Mon 18-Feb-13 09:17:37

No ruby! I'm loving the holiday posts too. I know I've only just had a break but I am so jealous. Already planning our next break.

Well this morning Emily is back at school. James is at the pil so it's just the twins and I. They are about to have breakfast and a nap. I have the delights of cleaning the bathroom!

Enjoy your day everyone x

triplets Mon 18-Feb-13 10:02:01

Drums her fingers..............why am I the only one ready to go out, what takes men so long???

Chopstheduck Mon 18-Feb-13 11:49:21

Dh woken me up this morning, at 6.30!! <sigh>

Slowly coming around with some coffee, then will go get some breakfast. Buffet here is fab, think it will be waffles and bacon and maple syrup today. grin

Arms and shoulders aching from the skiing more than my legs, which surprised me!

bubby64 Mon 18-Feb-13 11:50:33

ruby - puppy is fine, but defiantly being a "Bertrum", not a Bertie at the moment! He's growing like a weed, but never going to be very big. I'm also loving the holiday posts, living vicariously at the moment as soooooooo bored at home. having my next aopt with hospital tomorrow, TBH I'm a little worried as its still so sore over the wounds, and after 6wks, I thought it would feel better by now.confused We'll find out tomorrow.
Chops - Be Careful, please! but enjoy yourself, I'm glad you and DH are having a good time.
Trips - Isn't it funny! men complain women take too much time getting ready, yet it usually me waiting for DH and boys as well! Again, have a great time!!
Soks - Isnt it nice being able to have a day with just the twins.

Chopstheduck Mon 18-Feb-13 13:45:41

Good luck for that appointment, bubs x

triplets Mon 18-Feb-13 16:56:17

Had a lovely day in Padstow, really busy little place, nice fish n chips!! The wind here is spoiling things though, wanted a dip in the hot tub but its freezing out there. Just lost my rag with dk, all over a towel...............somebody took his towel........I think I swore Shabs.........in my bestest poshest voice grin

bubby64 Mon 18-Feb-13 18:31:52

You swore*Trips*!!!! He must really have been practicing his DK traits!grin

<<childish snigger>> LOL Trips in my head I heard you swearing in your very posh voice grin

Sokmonsta Mon 18-Feb-13 19:41:23

Ooh trips did you go to that chef's chippy? I can't remember his name. They were nice but the queue!! There's an equally nice chippy in a place called Indian queens, and its cheaper!

I am currently being held to ransom by a 2 year old who doesn't want to go to bed/have his own drink/etc and a 10 month old daughter who is absolutely shattered, grumpy and refusing to go back to sleep. She was asleep until her blasted older siblings woke her and her brother up, then Joshua crawled on top of her in a typical wrestling smack down move. Joshua is now back to sleep thanks to new batteries in the cot mobile and Jennifer is downstairs with us, in the travel cot with a blanket over it to stop her watching us/the tv/keep it darker. We've already only got the side lights on.

Am hugely annoyed as my lovely slow cooked beef which was to go with mash and veg, is now going with chips and peas. angryangryangry

bubby64 Mon 18-Feb-13 19:50:59

soks - you are learning the meaningb of what is it they say, "the best laid plans of mice and mums of multiples"!!!grin Sorry about the ruined meal.
ruby - I have put a couple of Bertie pics up, I am going to have to explain to the hospital why there are chew marks in my caste!

inthewildernessbuild Mon 18-Feb-13 22:55:24

Sorry about bedtime Sok - mine still do that shock... However, just had a very relaxng bedtime reading Gardener's World lying in dd's double bed, whilst dd annotated the Boden teens catalogue (she's not getting more than 4 items, but circled 40! blush Ds1 was listening to football match on radio through the wall from ds2's boxroom, and ds2 luckily had conked out in ds1's bed (musical beds tonight). I love half term!!!

I feel as if Canada, Cornwall are swirling in from the airwaves.
We had a breezy day running around in the park, and met friend for coffee in cafe. Then watched Skyfall DVD - not much happening but relieved to say everyone is getting on. Much hilarity looking at photoalbums together again, seems to be boys' fave bonding exercise.

And had my first experience of finding an "blast from the past" on facebook who actually had 1000 "friends". No wonder he didn't mean adding me on.

triplets Mon 18-Feb-13 23:05:47

Evening all..........just watched Skyfall, predictably Bond...........James Bondgrin Dk is really really peeing me orf!! My best friend in the whole world lives just over an hour away from where we are staying, I see her once every couple of years. She phoned tonight after the towel episode to say Weds/Thurs/Frid are free for us to meet up. So I said Weds would be great, I have never seen her new house etc, she then said she would make lunch and asked what the kids would eat and drink. Dk interupted and said no drink for him as he will be driving back and it is only lunch as we need to get back in the evening!! She heard him say this and was really upset for me. He then asked me to spare him a minute from the phone as he didn`t know how to put the oven on, he was going to make supper. After 10 mins had to come off the phone as I could smell burning, the pasties and steak pie!We eventually sat down to eat and he said he hoped it was only Weds we wanted to meet up, no need to make other arrangements!!!!! Do I ask too much? Separate holidays is the way to go...........

triplets Mon 18-Feb-13 23:07:57

SNAP wilderness, did you enjoy Skyfall?

Chopstheduck Tue 19-Feb-13 03:38:51

Trips, come join me here, have spare sofa bed and bathroom!

Bubby I want to dognap Bertie, he is sooo cute!

Back from the hockey, was great fun! Very tired though, lots of sightseeing round old Montreal.

Sokmonsta Tue 19-Feb-13 06:41:39

Grr. Jennifer joined us again at 4:50. She refused to settle and was screaming so much I thought she would make herself sick/wake more than Joshua. And we need James to stay asleep as once he's awake it's 'morning time'.

Needless to say I am very grumpy this morning.

Morning girls xx

angry for you Trips.

Sok - the sleeping and waking part sounds so like my twins - totally understand - its very hard. xxx

triplets Tue 19-Feb-13 10:30:38

Morning girls..........now why cant I sleep, got a 6ft bed all to myself which is sumptious but wake up 3/4 times.......at 6am I watching Deal or no Deal!! Had a blissful dip in the hot tub all by myself before b/fast, the wind has died off abit so it was quite nice with my face in the sun! Kis still in bed, feeling very lazy today.............nice smile dk trying to be pleasant..........trying.

Chopstheduck Tue 19-Feb-13 12:20:35

Morning girls x

Hug for soks, it will get easier! x

I didn't sleep well last night neither. Now on sofa with book and coffee. Prob off to the biodome and a museum or two today. Planning to use the underground city and spend time indoors today - we are forecast for lots of snow!

Sokmonsta Tue 19-Feb-13 12:52:10

Cheers for the kind words lately. I find it particularly hard as its a very recent thing for her. She's even fighting her morning nap so until we get her to have enough daytime sleep again I can see this carrying on.

Jen fell asleep straight after her breakfast bottle this morning. I let her sleep but she didn't go anywhere near as long as usual. Joshua on the other hand had his 2 hours. Probably helped by being disturbed during the night.

I am convinced separating them won't make it any easier. But it will hopefully stop them rolling on each other.

This thread is not accepting new messages.