ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

triplets Sun 10-Feb-13 23:11:20

grin you make me laugh Bubs grin

rubyrubyruby Sun 10-Feb-13 23:19:22

Evening all.
Where did the weekend go?

Roast here today too and all football cancelled because of waterlogged pitches. Snowing here now!

Half term this week for us.

inthewildernessbuild Sun 10-Feb-13 23:26:40

well I did an amazingly clever thing today! I swanned off to 6pm Mass (I'd missed the family Mass because of dd's Netball match (which was eventually cancelled but that is long and boring saga, also consisting of me getting locked out, whilst grilling elderly Polish lady down street about her conservatory by IVRIS, which turned out to be Everest...) I LEFT the SUPPER IN THE OVEN and WALKED OFF INTO THE SLEET, and when I came home at 7.15 again, it was being SERVED by someone else! Hurrah! That cut out a lot of the usual bickering, although there was some dispute about whether ketchup is allowed on a roast. I forbade it,but eventually relented over mayonnaise.

Lovely evening, everywhere festooned with laundry, Call Midwife with all the kids, and have remembered to wash the Rugby boots..

Triplets I find going on holiday with Dh plus kids very unrestful. He is good on documents and money though. But he refuses to ask anyone for directions ever, and will not discuss public transport alternatives to his own masterplan, so in all in all it can be taxing. Last holiday with him was in Berlin,his hometown so to speak, and he behaved very well so I forgive him.
Perhaps you have hit nail on head! You need a holiday by yourself, for a few days somewhere. A weekend, a night even, just doing something other than family.

triplets Sun 10-Feb-13 23:33:15

<<phones pen pal in San Francisco and books flights>>

Everybody except Trips please cover your ears....proper sweary Northern rant about to take place!!!

Trips fook your DK and fook my DK - I am beyond angry - so far beyond angry.

Went to Chellesters tonight - just me and her having a few drinks. Last night she went to her nieces birthday party and my DK just happened to be in the same place. Chellester told DK that it will soon be her birthday - she said that she would like me to go out with her and her family for HER birthday. Last year he really spoiled it by ringing me over and over again and texting saying 'where are you and who are you with.'

OK, so I come home tonight. He says 'why were you outside our local hospital on Wednesday having a cigarette and texting someone?' Me (with bewildered look) I wasn't - I was at home with Tom trying to help him revise!! ' 'Well I have been talking to a young girl who is a nurse at the hospital and she says you were outside talking to a man on your mobile???????????????????'

Please excuse me while I go and kick the fookin' shite of the stupid DK I am married too.....even Tom (who was listening) was laughing so much he nearly cried.

Fancy coming to Faliraki on the 24th July Trips???? Me, thee and our Tom...thats after I have killed DARLING KNOB. AND BREATHE!!

..............oh aye yes and our Lew has Scarlet fookin' Fever!!!!

I am too angry to sleep and cannot wait for morning!!!! <<sharpens her knives, axes and loads her guns>>

triplets Mon 11-Feb-13 06:44:38

angry what a dickhead angry bloody hell Shabs, why is he so insanely jealous and envious of you? You know I think that our dk`s have quite abit in common. You must be a very popular person, you are kind, funny and a steadfast friend. Without blowing my own trumpet me and thee are similar. I have girlfriends who I love to be with, we laugh, always innocent, same as you. Now, my dk has no friends, only spends odd amounts of time with my friends. Is your dk the same, does he have good friends he can go out with? I think they are jealous. Well its bloody tough, I am going to battle on with my life and if I get the chance to get away on my own I am taking it. So one day you and me will do our Shirley Valentine bit, we will. xxxx

triplets Mon 11-Feb-13 06:52:45

Sorry............goodmorning everyone.......slushy white stuff out there, another week in paradise awaits.

Chopstheduck Mon 11-Feb-13 07:41:42

Morning girls

Shabs and trips, you need to do a Thelma and Louise and take off, leaving the dks in the dust!

More of the fecking white stuff!! And not so dh has taken the car! Had a very busy weekend doing jobs and a mountain of laundry and packing for the kids for half term.

Morning girls xx

Yep he is exactly as you described your DK Trips!

Sokmonsta Mon 11-Feb-13 08:08:30

Morning! Snow here too. Weirdly on top of cars, a dusting on the grass and none on the road/pavement. Looks like someone has gone round and iced all the cars smile

Am taking a little break from housework today. Feel's like I am being naughty as the older two are at their grandparents so I could get quite a lot done. But I'm going with a friend and her dc to soft play and lunch. I need some adult conversation! I realised I sound quite like Miranda at times when I'm talking to the babies myself at home.

Thanks for the explanation to DK. I assumed it was a term of affection/name (Keith? Kevin?). I'd say it made me laugh but oh dear! That can't be nice for you.

triplets Mon 11-Feb-13 09:00:41

knob is affection grin

bubby64 Mon 11-Feb-13 12:15:47

Snow here as well,
I get the occasionsl problem with jealousy from my DK as well, can't they see that even if we had the inclination for a fling, most of us haven't got the time or the bloody energy to do anything about itwink wink
I real problem getting J to go to school, he hates his french teacher with a vengeance, and also his dickhead so-called friends are doing 'gut lugs' on esch other, and with his retsined testes this is csusing him intense pain, but he doesn't want to tell them it hurts so much in case he is called a wimp, and doesn't want to tell teachers, in case he is called a dobber!
I therefore, have emailed his form teacher and head of year to try to get this practice stopped.angry angry angry angry.
And now, just got a letter from the school asking us to attend this Thursday morning!! for a meeting to see what the school councillor(sp?) can do to help with problems J is having at school, how Rs boss is going to take it, him needing yet more time off, I don't know, he is already losing part of his bonus next month as it issad

bubby64 Mon 11-Feb-13 22:19:53

Dh said I am again being too overprotective of J, and should let him sort out his own problems instead of trying to do it for him, especially as he is ptobebly doing it as well. maybe I am, I just can't get any perspective on things anymore. Any thoughts girlies?

I personally think that I will always help sort out my kids problems. Its a much more difficult world nowadays with so many hurdles and problems for teenagers and pre teenagers.

There are times when even my 31 year old turns to me and asks for advice about problems at work......and money and cigs and babysitting and and and .......grin

bubby64 Mon 11-Feb-13 22:45:08

Thanks shabs. In my eyes, when I compare him to DS1(which i hate to do), although he is twin, DS2 seems a lot more immature than his brother. He actually said tonight he wants to be in DS1's form, and not separated, but DS1 was just as adament as ever that he doesn't want his brother in the same class, he said "I have made my own friends and like my classmates, if DS2 joins my class, he'll ruin everything! DS1 has settled well into High School, and is making a life for himself as an individual, not a silent shadow to his attention seeking brother., so I don't want to mess that up either.

triplets Mon 11-Feb-13 22:48:43

Hmm, I must admit I tend to jump in feet first if I think anything is going on, I am a great believer in nipping things in the bud, (not meant to be a pun Bubbs!) I think at this age it can be half a dozen of one and six of the other and usually things sort themselves out anyway. I just prefer to get my say in first, then school have it noted ifywim. I have just booked a week away for half term, felt we all need cheering up and because I can`t bear the thought of a house full of teens as all their friends migrate here as their parents are working. So although I could do with my own space, I have booked a week in Cornwall in a Center Parc type place but I must say looks much nicer and is much cheaper! And............its only an hour from my best friend smile Of course dk said, "I suppose you`ll want to go and see Nicky"...duhhhhhhhhhh . Why d`y think I booked itgrin

bubby64 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:24:48

Good for you trips! Have a good break, dont let the 4 of them walk all over you, and have at least one girlie night out with your friend!grin grin grin
Yes, I think agree with you both, I do feel I was right to contact the school, and I am also going to have my say on how I feel about things on Thursday. I desperately want J to be as settled and to be working as hard as M, but I don't think its going to happen, but at least I will be showing them I am monitoring what is happening, and that I expect the school to do their part as well.[arms crossed under considerable bosom emoticom]

triplets Mon 11-Feb-13 23:31:26

You are doing the right thing Bubbs and after all you know J better than anyone, how often is a Mothers instinct wrong?
Me awd mucker, hope you are feeling ok, been thinking about you today......<<Trips wraps her very long arms around her awd mucker...........had to kneel to do so >>grin

<<waits for wet kipper>>

Morning girls xx

LOL @ kneeling down!! xx

Chopstheduck Tue 12-Feb-13 07:10:43

Morning girls x

I think that is great, bubby, surely the school will be sensitive and deal with it as a whole issue, and it will be best for J.

grin @ Trips, sneaky!

I've been feeling a bit low, had a huge row with dh over the weekend about his lack of patience with the kids. He's now trying very hard to make more effort, but we will see how long that lasts! I generally run round like a headless chicken most of the time to try to keep the house calm and running smoothly and everyone happy, refereeing between him and the kids and I think I just snapped - Dh def got more than he bargained for!

triplets Tue 12-Feb-13 08:56:48

3 cheers for Chops....hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray !

Chopstheduck Tue 12-Feb-13 09:17:15

aww thanks trips xx blush

Sokmonsta Tue 12-Feb-13 09:17:33

Trips, your break sounds like it will do you the world of good, especially seeing a friend too. Of course you'll have to make the most of it grin

Hip hip hoorays for chops here too! fingers crossed it sinks in.

Off the build a bird box with the bigs today and then the hv is coming this afternoon to spend some time with James. I only wish I could remember what caused his 1.5 hour tantrum last Thursday. I knew I should have written it down because it was really quite trivial. He also had a wobbly last night because it got to bed time and I asked the children to put their toys away. He decided to get the jigsaws out again so I chucked them all back in the box. Unfortunately chucked is the word and he wanted to take them all out, put them together and then put them in the box.

Cheeky so and so then went and got the iPads after I had settled them down. So I took them off him and put him back to bed. He went and got them again - I could hear the music. Hid them away again. Dh comes in and goes to check on him at half 9. Little rat is sitting up in bed, playing Thomas on both with the volume turned off!! Unfortunately I'd spent most of the evening between putting him to bed and trying to settle Jennifer, who was keeping everyone awake so had resorted to bringing her back downstairs with me until she fell asleep on my lap and I could lay her on the sofa.

He sure is a cunning clever 2 year old. I'm seriously struggling to occupy him to his needs so I think that is the main crux of our problems.

bubby64 Tue 12-Feb-13 14:24:50

Well done Chops, It must have been a weekend for putting our other halves in their place, because my DH got a blast from me over his attitude to the boys over the weekend,
DH has agreed again to go with J to the karate club, I hope the dicipline and structure as well as the physical outlet will do them both good. DH used to go to KukSuWon up to 6yrs ago, he got to black belt, but to progress further you had to go to Korea for a fortnight to study with a master, and at about £1000 we couldn't afford it, so he just dropped out. He was so much better when he went, as it gave him an outlet for his frustration and pent up emotions as well as a really good workout.
We shall also see what the school can offer J in the way of support on Thursday, as I am now sure in my mind thst he does need extra help and support, and I am hoing to do my best to make darn sure he gets it!

inthewildernessbuild Tue 12-Feb-13 23:15:04

o rats posted an enormously long post, but it has gone.
Suffice it to say, reading this thread is like looking in mirror
Sokmonsta two is a very sweet age when you look back at it from a distance of 9 years Mine still don't tidy up their toys btw!

Dd had vomiting bug yesterday. I have sore throat. House continues to make me v gloomy at the extraordinary levels of mess that I can't seem to deal with.
Ditto, homework that I can't spin from straw into gold.

I have at least talked ds1 through the four layers of the tropical rainforest even if he refuses to sketch it.
I have talked ds2 through a few more phonemes and digraphs
I have purchased at vast expense some cardboard boxes for dd for Homeless Day and walked many miles to find them angrygrin

Bubbly we have a CAF meeting for both boys in March. Initially I was appalled at idea of so many "problem" children parents, but I am now beginning to see how all the issues fit together. It is hard trying to know where to throw one's energy at these times. And personally I think one can never waste time giving emotional support to even teenage children, essentially they spend so much time without us, that I don't quite see how it could ever deny them independence. They need self esteem and that is something that parents DO. Ds1 does work a lot of problems out himself re: getting on with other people but when he is low he NEEDS US to give him back his morale. I think that is different from interfering. Anyway ds certainly lets us know when we are interfering. He hates being bossed around!

This thread is not accepting new messages.