Is it worth buying a swing (or two!)?

(8 Posts)
Cheeka Wed 26-Dec-12 23:54:05

Hi there-currently 26 wks pregnant with DCDA twins and panicking about buying baby things. To all multiple birth mums, did you buy swings for your LOs?Would you recommend them?
Thank you!

HappyAsASandboy Thu 27-Dec-12 00:11:18

We had two bouncy chairs from the start, and bought one swing later (because DS loved to be rocked but I couldn't always rock him if DD was feeding).

I would say that two bouncy chairs or swings from the start are really useful (though you'd manage with none/one if finances won't stretch to two), especially if you have refluxy babies like mine. I never really got the hang of breastfeeding them at the same time, and they needed to be held upright after feeding, so I spent the first 3 months feeding then alternately, with most of their none feeding time in a swing/bouncy chair.

You can normally find second hand ones on eBay/at NCT sales, so it doesn't need to be an expensive mistake if you end up not using them smile

Good luck for your pregnancy and welcome to twin-motherhood grin

Cheeka Thu 27-Dec-12 00:38:40

Thanks Happyasasandboy!smile
I think I will get two swings-particularly as I have a clingy 23mth old to tend to as well...(he'll be 26mths when the twins are due...)hoping the twins won't be as high maintenance.hah!! DS was (and still is) a right handful..

I don't have swings but I do have 2 bouncy chairs. I use them quite a bit in the afternoons when I am trying to get jobs done, like cooking dinner etc. My twins aren't crazy about their bouncy chairs but will sit happily in them and watch me.

Congratulations on your double dump smile

Getting them second hand is a good idea. Both mine were given to me by friends.

Mandy21 Thu 27-Dec-12 20:07:54

I think swings are one of those things that are a bit hit and miss - in my experience, babies either love them or hate them. Its quite a wasted expense if it turns out to be the latter. We had 2 bouncy chairs right from the start (which were invaluable) but I didn't get a swing until later on (say at 3 or 4 months) when someone lent one to me - and my 2 both hated it.

DW123 Fri 28-Dec-12 08:41:21

Both my twins hated the swing but were happy in a bouncy chair. I would say try to borrow or get a 2nd hand one just in case its not for them. Good luck!

Jojay Fri 28-Dec-12 08:47:08

I had one swing and one bouncy chair. Dtd loved the swing, Dts loved the chair, and both were invaluable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now