crazy pregnant lady here!

(11 Posts)
mysterymeg Wed 21-Nov-12 16:28:43

Hi all

I am 13 weeks (according to my dates) but don't think I ovulated until later on in my cycle so poss 10 weeks ish. Midwife could feel my uterus last week so I am def growing but haven't got scan appt yet (will be early next week apparently).

I have managed to convince myself I am having twins. I was having ovary type twinges on both sides during my cycle, I feel rough and have had ms for the last four weeks but most of all I have a bump!! It grew over the weekend and appears to be here to stay. I have got to the stage where I'll be more surprised if there aren't two in there when I have my scan.

Am I being crazy or did any of you have a feeling? This is my first baby so don't know what to expect.

carocaro Wed 21-Nov-12 19:35:09

Never had twins so could not say, but peolple show in all sorts of different ways, bigger at first or flat as a pancake for weeks, massive in the middle bit, not massive at then end, so hard to say, but please let us know!

MrsB74 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:43:58

I had a bump very early with my twins - had to wear bigger clothes by 10 weeks (if not 8). I also had lots of bizarre cravings, but no morning sickness at all, just a huge appetite and general nausea. There's no way to know until the scan really. I had early bloods done after a bleeding scare (also v common with multiples) so knew it was a possibility as my hormones levels were really high!

Jojoba1986 Thu 22-Nov-12 16:55:00

I'm in the same position as you. I'm currently 11+6 & have my scan on Monday. With DS I only had a little tiredness but this time I've had nausea, dizziness & exhaustion since 3dpo, been in bigger clothes since 6 weeks & am utterly convinced it's twins! The only twins in the family are my mum's cousins so I doubt there's any genetic link there! Weirdly enough I think I'll feel like I've lost a baby if there's only one in there! confused

Jaffacakeeater Thu 22-Nov-12 21:28:42

Try not to get your hopes up (if you want twins, that is!). I didn't show at all with twins until about 18 weeks. There really is no way of knowing until the scan. My gran and great gran had twins and then I did. My Dsis was convinced she was having multiples on her last pregnancy and was huge. She managed to get the hospital to scan early and as really disappointed when it was one. They said she just had a really baggy uterus!!! Well it was her fifth! Good luck whatever the outcome.

mysterymeg Fri 23-Nov-12 07:04:33

Thankyou everyone. Scan is at 15:00 so will find out then.

It's not that I particularly want twins or a single it's that I'm worried that if there's only one in there there's something wrong with me as I am huuuge!

jaffa lol at baggy uterus they really choose their words wisely! That's the sort of thing I'm worried about. It is my first so shouldn't be too baggy!

Jojoba1986 Fri 23-Nov-12 07:32:18

Do come back & tell us the verdict! I'm desperately trying to convince myself it's just one. Before I got pregnant I definitely didn't want twins but the idea's definitely growing on me now! I think I've convinced myself it'd be a good thing so I'm not horrified if it is! hmm

TheOnlyPersonInTheRoom Fri 23-Nov-12 09:18:26

I'm just as crazy - I'm convinced there must be more than one in there. I've had a bump since I was 6 weeks. I have a DD and I didn't start showing with her until about 24 weeks or something crazy.
I'm pretty sure I don't have a baggy uterus but who knows?
I'm either harbouring triplets, or there's something sinister going on.
I'm quite terrified of going for the first scan tbh.

Mandy21 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:40:23

All depends I think. I didn't show until 13 or 14 weeks with the twins, also didn't start wearing maternity trousers until then either. Had a little bit of nausea (but not too much) but was eating like a horse from quite early on. Also had an early bleed. If its any consolation, I had NO idea it was twins, had not (and I mean, not for a single second) crossed my mind that it might be twins. And I'm a twin. I thought I'd had a miscarriage ('cos of the bleed) so when the sonographer said "there are 2 sacs", I looked at her blankly and said "what does that mean?" blush. She looked at me as if I was completely thick and said "Its twins"!!

2nd pregnancy (just one baby), didn't tell anyone at work until I was 18 weeks and no-one had guessed so I'm assuming I wasn't showing too much - but did feel more pregnant right from the start - more tired, sicker, but not quite as hungry smile. I think everyone is different. Good luck with your scan.

mysterymeg Fri 23-Nov-12 17:10:18

Well there is only one in there.... and I'm only 6 weeks! Sonographer has written "bulky uterus" in notes so that explains it lol from the picture my womb does look huge compared to others. Oh well.

Relieved and sad at the same time iykwim

Mandy21 Fri 23-Nov-12 18:21:46

At least you know one way or the other. And at the end of the day, there is a little baby in there (with plenty of room to grow into) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now