Pregnancy worries.. 24 weeks and strange 'pain'.... Please put my mind at rest.

(16 Posts)
Goandplay Tue 20-Nov-12 11:53:42

I bought some Bio Oil - a revelation. Feeling much more supple.

Thanks

Handsfulloffun Thu 15-Nov-12 19:07:26

I used to use a Lush Massage bar and an own brand bio oil type thing as mine always felt dry and tight, and I lived in the bath.
Hope you get a bit more comfy soon.

Goandplay Thu 15-Nov-12 15:43:04

You've all made me feel much better.

Any recommendations to sooth sore, tender belly skin?

ladythatlunches Wed 14-Nov-12 20:01:46

Gosh I know!! I was like a big balloon!! smile

Twelve- that made me laugh, I was like a regular up the hospital so also new where everything was smile was great all the staff new me so that was nice!

Handsfulloffun Wed 14-Nov-12 13:02:08

shock at 65 weeks

The great thing about twin pregnancy is you can get ANYTHING checked and they won't think you're neurotic. I was in our local maternity unit time and again - helpful when the time came as I knew where the tea and toast and best showers were! If in doubt, just get checked, no one will mind.

Goandplay Wed 14-Nov-12 11:10:37

65 weeks!! That really made me smile

They have sent be for a scan today for reassurance.

ladythatlunches Tue 13-Nov-12 20:19:02

P.s at 32 weeks I measured at 65 weeks!!

ladythatlunches Tue 13-Nov-12 20:18:26

You are not going crazy!! I was up and down like a yo yo with pains!!!

Carrying two babies is a huge deal for your body, but always get checked that way you know you can relax once all and been checked over!!

Goandplay Tue 13-Nov-12 14:42:43

All ok. Stretching pains or nerve. Another one of those things.. Feel like I'm going crazy. Need to keep busy and try to miss these symptoms!

Handsfulloffun Tue 13-Nov-12 11:27:48

Hope your ok Goand, yes I was always worried too - every twinge, cramp stretching pain etc.

Good Luck

Goandplay Mon 12-Nov-12 21:49:03

Spoke to hospital they've told me to come in. I explained that it's not painful really etc... I knew they would but I suppose they have to.

DP not home so was worried to get in bath in case I didn't have the strength to get out or getting out made it worse.

I feel like I'm going to pop - measuring 30 weeks and it's my 2nd pregnancy I would have thought I'd already stretched that far before IYSWIM.

I feel constantly worried. Thank you for replying.

Handsfulloffun Mon 12-Nov-12 21:32:46

Oh yes, lots of stretching pains.

Its tough isn't it, have you tried a soak in the bath that may help.

Goandplay Mon 12-Nov-12 21:02:08

I'd say it was more uncomfortable bordering painful. When I lay my hand in the area with gentle pressure it goes away.

Think it's too late to call MW? Have an appointment with her tomorrow.

I could call hospital but there is only the main ward now I think no maternity assessment?

Been to the toilet twice lol. I think it's my only non problem area.

Can you remember stretching pains?

Handsfulloffun Mon 12-Nov-12 20:38:58

Is it really uncomfortable, are you in pain? If so it might be an idea to give your MW a call, he/she will be able to set your mind at rest, and give advice on how to ease discomfort.

When was the last time you went for a poo ? I had lots of pains at 20 weeks I was really worried and it turned out to be constipation.
It is probably everything just being squished, I remember how uncomfortable it was.

Goandplay Mon 12-Nov-12 20:03:00

I am 24 weeks and since quite early on have experienced un-comfortableness on the left side. Mentioned to Dr on a number of occasions and in passing when attending antenatal appointments.

Tonight the feeling is worse. The only way I can describe it is a tearing sensation. I keep expecting to see a stretch mark there. I had a very light bleed last week - checked at the hospital they couldn't say where it came from - everything looked fine and they could hear both babies heart beats.

I am thinking of it was something serious I would know because the pain would be much worse. I have midwife appointment tomorrow.

Any ideas? Should I ask for a scan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now