Can anyone recommend a twin buggy please

(12 Posts)
spartacusflapjack Sun 14-Oct-12 14:06:28

We've got a fabulous twin pram but could do with a nice, lightweight buggy for quick trips out and about. Looking at spending about £150. There seem to be some ok ones at ToysRUs and Mothercare, but can anyone recommend, please?
Our boys are 9 months.
Thanks x

surfingbabies Mon 15-Oct-12 12:50:53

We had a Phil and teds as sometimes I liked to carry one with one in the buggy or I'd just take one out but as they got older the one underneath would hate it so we bought a Out N About nipper which was absolutely fab! It was a great all rounder.......it's also narrow enough for shopping and light weight so easy to put in and out of car.
We were given a MacLaren twin traveller but it was soooo heavy I ended up never using it but it was small.
Have a look on eBay smile good luck

Celestia Mon 15-Oct-12 18:24:22

We have a Nipper too and although it's not what I'd call a small, lightweight buggy, it's a dream to push.

I have a Cossato twin side by side and I love it so much I use it as my main pushchair it's easy to fold (umbrella) lightweight and easy to push one handed. I would critiscise that the brake could be better and the adjustible seats can be fiddly but honestly I think it's great (quite small and thin too). Ours was cheaper online I think in Argos they can be over £200? They are quite pretty too smile

galaxymummy Thu 06-Dec-12 21:24:51

cosatto twin side by side gets my vote nice and light
galaxy

ceeveebee Thu 06-Dec-12 21:39:08

Obaby twin Apollo, £125 from Amazon, side by side but not too wide so fits through doorways etc, very light, reclines. I bought it for holidays but end up using it more often then my icandy

BlueberryHill Sat 08-Dec-12 11:26:16

Stay away from a silver cross one, the wheels are on the outside so I hit every sodding thing, walls, doors etc and now the strut on one of the sides has gone. Absolute crap, my Dad has bodged it together again and I hope it holds out for a couple of months until I don't need one anymore.

Loved the double City Jogger, would need to be second hand though.

LalaDipsey Mon 10-Dec-12 07:59:58

I love my bugaboo donkey. Very expensive (I sold my life on eBay, got cash for Xmas and bday etc) but it's wonderful. Light, not too wide (fits where a wheelchair will) and I love that the babies face me. It was the main criteria for me as all the others faced away.

22helz Mon 10-Dec-12 08:11:52

City select travel system is great for using in the car. It just fits in the boot vw golf. It's long & thin so good round shops. Can sit facing you, each other and both forwards. Was £500 with adapters & chairs.

Also have side by side out & about, great for off road but sometimes haven't been able to get through doors as its just a bit too wide, they sleep in it really well as can lie down. We use this for visiting in evening so babies can sleep comfortably.

ceeveebee Mon 10-Dec-12 15:25:06

Not sure you'd get a bugaboo or a city select for £150!
The city select is very very long. One of my friends has it and if you ever use buses it's a bit of a no no - takes up both spaces.

Jennyasparling22 Tue 11-Dec-12 09:20:01

I've been looking at the cossatto buggy. Is it worth investing in??

PrincessScrumpy Tue 18-Dec-12 14:27:04

out and about nippers are good second hand - a friend got one for £80

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now