potty training twins!

(11 Posts)
Varya Fri 14-Dec-12 20:03:26

Although my twins are grown up now, they were potty-trained together 'by example' - by me! Showed them what to do and where to put it. They cottoned on rapidly and were soon clean and dry overnight and during the day around 2 yrs 9mths.

mammmamia Sat 17-Nov-12 21:56:37

*finally got it that should say

mammmamia Sat 17-Nov-12 21:55:58

Just doing my DD at the moment, it has taken 3 weeks but she's finally for it. DS not interested at all so going to leave him for a while. They are 2.9. I couldn't have coped with two lots of laundry and accidents, DD was bad enough!

thewalrus Thu 25-Oct-12 14:39:06

did one at a time here too (DS first and DD about 3/4 months later). Good luck!

givemeaclue Thu 25-Oct-12 13:56:37

Do one at a time do not do both together

chutneypig Tue 09-Oct-12 07:03:20

Mine were a good year apart, 2.9 and3.9. DS had no inclination to train at all, DD had shown no interest at all and came home from nursery one night and announced she was going to use the toilet. That was that. I'm not sorry it worked out like that, it meant I could concentrate on one when we were out and about.

Have put one back in nappies and sticking it out with the other. yesterday only one accident and today 3. But i think that is encouraging!

rattling Fri 05-Oct-12 13:31:25

And they may not be ready together. I dealt with one at 2.6, the other at 3.6. The slower potty trainer has always been a little behind his brother with his milestones - but usually by 2-6 weeks rather than a year!!

MrsB74 Thu 04-Oct-12 20:55:45

I completely agree, when they are ready it'll be easy. My two did it within a few days of each other. Was actually pleasantly surprised how easy it was.

frazzledbutcalm Thu 04-Oct-12 20:29:01

They're not ready. When they are it'll be done and dusted in a couple of days!!

Help!! day one of potty training dt boys. (Did try them over the summer, but i lost my nerve in the end after about 4 weeks. ) success is about 50% with one being a lot better than the other. Should I put one back in nappies and do them one at a time? They are 2.10 years. Have asked them and one asked for pants and the other nappies, but then changed his mind and asked for pants. I have spent the day wiping up wee!!!!

My parents are looking after them tomorrow for me to work, but then I'm off for 3 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now