D'ya ever wonder where all the other mums of multiples are?

(1000 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:05:26

....or have we scared them all off with our inane chatter and multple moans!

<<lies on the floor moaning quietly>>

Morning girls - have no idea what day it is or how I got home from Chelles. Its all her fault - honestly it is - as you know I dont even drink hmm

OMG I am struggling to open both eyelids at the same time!!

triplets Sun 30-Dec-12 12:36:20

<<Trips rushes in and props Shabs eyelids open with corkscrew she found on the floor. Rustles up "hair of the dog" rescue remedy, soused herrings and a vodka shot............works every time>>

Sokmonsta Sun 30-Dec-12 12:47:40

Lol Shabs. I woke up feeling hammered yesterday and I'd not even had a drink!

Have currently left husband to deal with 3 children while Jen naps and I have a shower. Very amused by the goings on downstairs followed by "what are you doing?"

Morning girls xx

Sokmonsta Mon 31-Dec-12 09:56:17

Morning ladies smile

Off to drs with josh' shortly. Little poppet is coughing away again. Only been a week since he finished antib's sad

HarrogateMum Mon 31-Dec-12 12:49:00

Happy Christmas and New Year everyone. Hope you are all doing ok over the "festive" period...not feeling very festive in the HM house! Thank goodness Xmas is over, my cooking was shocking, I drank too much and the house looks like a bomb has dropped. But DH is improving slowly, still sleeping an awful lot but definitely getting better every day!

triplets Mon 31-Dec-12 22:58:10

HM I hope that 2013 will bring restored good health to your dh. xx
So here we are, another year comes to an end, one I personally will be glad to see the back of. We are all in bed, sort of feel sorry for the kids, no party etc but the boys were offered a s/over and turned it down. I am not feeling well, more stomach pains after eating fish...........just praying it doesn`t end up like three weeks ago..............I have invited 4 friends to lunch tomorrow, got to have the pork in the oven to slow roast by 7am!
I will prob still be awake at midnight but just incase I want to wish you all everything you dream of, health and happiness and another year of our wonderful friendship, love you all.............xx

<<Trips lays out trolley for the last time this year.............turkey rissoles, turkey curry, turkey and leek pie, turkey pilaff, turkey soup, turkey sandwiches............>>

triplets Tue 01-Jan-13 00:06:28

HAPPYNEWYEARHAPPYNEWYEARHAPPYNEWYEARHAPPYNWYEARHAPPYNEWYEAR

rubyrubyruby Tue 01-Jan-13 06:29:47

Happy
New
Year
xxxx

Chopstheduck Tue 01-Jan-13 06:32:51

Happy New Year! xxx

Happy New Year everybody!!

Went to Chelles where 3 of her brothers and her sister AND their millions of kids were!! Plus added friends and their kids. Left my Tom in the front room where he stared wide eyed at one of Chelles nieces who had her 16th birthday New Years Eve. She is in his form at school and she has suddenly become a beautiful young lady!!

Spent most of the night tidying up, washing up etc etc - not keen on New Year - think it can be a lonley time even if you are surrounded by friends and family. Came home totally sober but had a good night.

Chelles brothers 12 year old son has autisim - at one time he would not make eye contact with me. A few years ago we became good pals. He swears a lot LOL says he cant help it - I know that he knows what he is doing grin

'Shabbs are you having a dance with me (loves all the old rock and roll) so we had a twirl around the kitchen!! 'Im after you for a kiss at midnight Shabbs!!' Twirled him a bit more and he said 'You can pack that in now I've gone dizzy...<<started to wander away>> In fact you can kiss my arse!! ROFL!!

bubby64 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:29:03

Happy New Year! Shabs, sounds as if you had a good time, trips, hope you are feeling better today. HM, i hope your DH continues to improve. Quiet one here, apart from the boys fighting and the ensuing battle when I confiscated phones, Xbox, TVs and computers, and they are going to remain confiscated for 3 days!
R has Ms chest infection, feels awful and is coughing away, both continue antibiotics, so we decided not to go to the party we had been invited to, so we stayed at home, DH and I finished 2 bottles of wine, and we have been suffering for it all day. Boys are "bored" and want their confiscated things back, but I am going to stick to my guns and they are locked away with the treat the time will be increased if they continue to fight and mis-behave!

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 00:41:42

Morning all.............lovely day today, had four friends round for lunch, mind you had to set my alarm to put the pork in the oven at 7am, Jamies slow roast.................divine!. Kids did not want to join us so I left them to it like the good mother I am hmm Friends left at 4.45pm, by 5pm I was back I the kitchen cooking for trio +2!! Then catching me in a good mood he boys asked if their friend could s/over, thats why I`m still awake, 12.40am and they are still talking!!Give them until 1pm then its curtains!! xx

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 01:52:38

and they are still awake, my good mood is wearing off!

Sokmonsta Wed 02-Jan-13 07:07:58

Morning. Anyone got matchsticks I can prop my eyes open with and some spare patience? Poor Joshua coughed and hacked his way through last night, resulting in very little sleep for dh, Joshua and I. Then at half 6 this morning James decided to put the books from their bookshelf in the cot. On top of the babies. Thankfully Homestart volunteer is here this morning and going to my mum's this afternoon otherwise I'd likely lose the plot completely.

Morning girls xx

Oh my word Sok - I remember the 'early days' with my twins!! Gareth stayed in the childrens hospital for about 10 days. Managed to get Danny into a nice little routine which was 'blown out of the sky' when his twin came home grin Then we went onto 2 hourly feeds day and night! Would grab hold of the first one who woke and feed them, change them and put them back in the cot...sneak back into bed and the other would start crying!!!

We were waiting for our house to be ready to move into and we're living at my parents. Sounds brilliant but it wasn't. Everybody wanted to help and it soon turned into chaos!

Trips - Tom also has sleepovers - except they are online with the kids from the family who own our hotel in Greece ROFL. I heard him trying not to laugh too loud at about 3am....5am in Greece. He is going to struggle getting up on Monday morning!!

Chopstheduck Wed 02-Jan-13 09:07:57

Morning girls

Trips, which Jamie book was the pork in? I still have a lovely free range joint from the farm which I am trying to convert dh with. He only likes pork in burritos.

Chopstheduck Wed 02-Jan-13 11:12:31

shakign like a leaf today. Just had my first WEM of 2013 - a romantic break to QUÉBEC!!!! Whohoooooooo!

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 11:13:31

Morning..............4 teens still in bed!
Chops the recipe isn`tr in his books it was in a Sains mag 2 yrs ago, its Slow Roast Marmalade pork, he did it for Boxing Day.
Basically its this
Large boneless shoulder of pork with lots of skin on.
Score really well, drizzle over olive oil, rub in sea salt and pepper. Put in oven at gas 4 and depending on size roast for 4-5 hours no need to baste.
Test, should be very tender ready to fall apart.
Mix half a jar of marmalade with a good pinch of black pepper, spread over pork.
Back in oven for 30 mins.
Leave to rest for up to an hour.
Before serving finely chop handful of fresh mint, parsley and one red chilli pepper.
Shred pork and scatter herbs on top, add rind of one lemon and pomegranite seeds if like.
Fab.................delicious cold the next day!

Chopstheduck Wed 02-Jan-13 11:15:17

Oh I think i tried marmalade on ham once, and it wasn't very good, it went very bitter.

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 16:04:29

Chops a friend cooks it and doesn` bother with the marmalade bit and its just as good, its the very long roasting that makes it so good. Lucky you on your win, I must start comping!!

Chopstheduck Wed 02-Jan-13 17:22:35

Thanks trips, I think I might try it wihtout the marmelade too.

I love my dh. my mum gas to work (she works from home) but offered to have the older two kids, but his bro won't have the twins. It's a real shame cos this feb will be 10 years since we met. So I'm going to Montreal on my own, and dh is going to wfh and look after the kids. I really do luffs my dh!

Chopstheduck Wed 02-Jan-13 17:23:03

well, I say on my own, I'm probably taking dd cos she isn't coming to cali later in the year

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 21:51:10

Have you worked out your itinery yet Chops? I would so love to to back, California is amazing, 4 hours in all directions and its so diferent. One day wewere in Lake Tahoe, people were skiing up in Heavenly, later that day we drove over the border and were back in the desert! When are you going?

Morning girls....Lew is here till 2.30pm <<raises eyebrows, attempts to go back to sleep>>

This thread is not accepting new messages.