TTTTT

(674 Posts)
ladymuckbeth Fri 31-Aug-12 23:24:10

Here we go. More unexpurgated chat about our darling angels, all of whom are gifted and have exceptionally calm and admirably-coping parents.

LaVitaBellissima Fri 10-May-13 18:49:03

If you scroll to the bottom of the page and look at apartment C it has a lounge, double room, triple room and a bunk bed room plus 2 bathrooms, it would be perfect for you x

LaVitaBellissima Fri 10-May-13 22:37:06

Ha just re read that, separate kids tea not desperate --although you may be desperate for them to sleep so you can enjoy a nice meal together smile

AtLongLast Sat 11-May-13 21:53:56

Oh no Kate! I hope you find something to keep her occupied. It my be a looooong 3 weeks.

I was quite tickled with the idea of a desperate tea Lavita. Shame it was a typo really.

Early night for me. We've all had an awful cough / cold thing for weeks. Just as I trout we were coming out

AtLongLast Sat 11-May-13 21:55:54

Posted too soon smile

Coming out the other end I feel really fluey tonight. Proper dying duck after dinner. Think we just did too much today, though a lovely day.

LaVitaBellissima Sat 11-May-13 21:56:59

Trout is an even better typo ALL grin my girls are full of cold too, it arrived with the sun, I have never seen so much snot, it is rather disgusting!

LaVitaBellissima Sat 11-May-13 21:57:47

Two new hit recipes here 3min microwave chocolate cake!

LaVitaBellissima Sat 11-May-13 21:59:10
tartiflette Sun 12-May-13 07:05:49

Yum to those pancakes. I'm low carbing AGAIN hmm

AtLongLast Sun 12-May-13 13:51:37

I spotted that after posting smile

Yummy, wondered about trying out the pancakes this am but we're still in the land of half living at the mo. Still all in pjs smile so we called a duvet day. I did make se hot cross buns this am cos j loves them. The crosses have disappeared while baking tho so he's not going to be happy!

chesticles Tue 14-May-13 13:45:01

I'm back (well I've been back a few days but have been knee deep in washing and catching up). Had a lovely break. Thanks for all the advice on places to go. Alnwick gardens were great and it helped we had a scorcher of a day that day. The other days were a lot cooler blooming freezing but we made the most of the beaches and castles and stuff. Caravan was nice. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in though. I felt every spring. Don't know why it was so bad, the rest of the caravan was not very old and in good condition. It's only the second time we've tried residential caravans, so only have experience of the Park Resorts sites at Eyemouth and Cresswell. Not sure if would buy a caravan to be honest ALL, we prefer to rent a week at different locations. The kids absoluted adore it though.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job tarti. Hopefully something else will crop up soon. At least you will have time to settle the kids into the new house etc.

Cerub Hope you have a lovely time in Egypt.

Lavita am very jealous of your trip away well maybe not the clubbing bit . Would love a weekend without the kids!

Am in the midst of trying to sort out childcare arrangements for when DD starts school in Aug. She'll be finishing at 3.15pm. The boys will be eligible for nursery school too in Aug for 2.5 hours per morning. Unfortunately our private nursery hasn't been awarded the state funding so we can't simply get the 2.5hrs per day knocked off our bill angry so we have the choice to move nursery, try and get the kids to the local school nursery (9.15 - 11.45am each day so not convenient) or just continue as we are and not make use of the 2.5 hrs per day per child that we are entitled to. DH is being unhelpful and saying we don't need to sort it until Aug, not understanding that we need to arrange things now so that we can actually get places! Arrrgh. It's doing my head in. Doesn't help that I don't think we will use the childminder any more, and although it's not personal, I'm dreading having to tell her <woose>

AtLongLast Tue 14-May-13 21:05:32

Yey, glad you had a good time and a day of good weather! We're only considering buying a van since our families are up that way. Otherwise I agree, book a week & travel around a bit. We do get to use BIL's caravan, which is lovely but obv sometimes it's not available. & it would be nice to have our own base.

Building work has stopped again here. We have a small family,firm doing the work. They employ another builder guy who is experienced in the particular render were having on the house. Except the extra builder guy was sent to prison this week shockshockblush. Top coat of render to go...

Cerubina Wed 15-May-13 15:09:21

I'm back too smile Not rubbing it in chesti but I had the lovely sunshine that I was after, though it was quite windy at times. Was definitely odd going away all by myself, you feel like such a saddo compared with all the couples and families when you're queuing at the airport, boarding the plane etc and the first foray into dining alone was a bit of a miserable experience, partly because the food in the buffet restaurant was bloody dire. I'd say the hotel was probably 5 star in itself, but some of the facilities definitely not - I've almost never had cheaper toiletries in the bedroom and as I say the food was really quite poor. I suppose it meant I didn't come back half a stone heavier!

The staff all seemed pretty grasping - I know they earn a pittance and tips are hugely important to them, but they didn't seem appreciative of whatever I gave them and I think I was quite generous. That sort of thing is a bit annoying.

Anyway, I fairly quickly got adopted by 3 other Brits - an elderly couple and a woman spending a week there alone before her friend came out. We all got on really well and it did mean fortunately just the one solo dining experience. They were sweet to me since apparently I have a beacon on my head screaming 'separated and sad' sad . I would describe the whole experience as necessary but painful. It was lovely just to be accountable for myself etc and be able to lie in the sun and do nothing, but so much stuff bubbled up to the surface with all the thinking time and I feel as though I'm firmly out of the 'shock' phase of the grieving process and well into the sadness/depression phase, I just feel bereft really. Anyway, don't want to bring everyone down so onto other things.

I hope you had a great weekend away LVB, what a brilliant prize! Well, it would be brilliant for someone else, I'm way too uncool to go clubbing although I could drink the champagne OK

Sorry about missing out on the job tarti, that's bad luck. Hopefully the good comments will at least bolster your confidence for the next one that you go for, you obviously interview well which is hugely important.

Glad you enjoyed your hols chesti but the childcare planning sounds like a headache. Men are so useless at perceiving all the moving parts that have to be lined up with something like that. It would be galling to miss out on the free childcare but an easier life perhaps, if it means continuing with the set-up you're familiar with? I don't suppose you could keep the childminder and get the free hours with her?

Sorry to hear about DD2's ankle too Kate. Has she got a really high pain threshold to have coped for as long as she did? It sounds very painful and delicate so I hope she can be persuaded to rest as needed.

Was lovely to see S&R again this morning after my short absence but S was definitely out of sorts and clinging to his dad most of the time. I trust I haven't screwed him up by taking 4 days off confused but it looks as if I'll have to be as reassuring as possible over the next few days and maybe he's noticing more of a change in our home life than R is and is more affected by it.

Cerubina Wed 15-May-13 15:10:12

Sorry, I missed out ALL - hope you're all feeling brighter today. Must be horrible when you all come down with something together.

<Waves> to mucky, hope you're OK x

LaVitaBellissima Thu 16-May-13 21:54:05

Oh Cerub I am so uncool, am a bit nervous about going on holiday and looking like a total loser! I have nothing to wear and feel fat, boobless and awful. Am really nervous about leaving the girls for 4 days too sad

Sorry you are having a tough time, I think it's a normal part of grief to feel bereft sad it will get better I'm sure of it. I wish I was better at expressing myself more eloquently, we're all here for you, and there is nothing wrong with admitting you are having a tough time.

AtLongLast Fri 17-May-13 21:17:02

Go cerub! Well done you. I can well imagine the extra thinking time could be painful, but you have done it & had some fun also by the sound of it. I'm sure S will come around soon enough.

LVB - poor you though I can't imagine that you look anything other than lovely to everyone else grin. When are you off?

Had play group from hell yesterday with my sweet, fun-loving, happy Will. Who was anything but. I think he's learning Bad Things from the older boys at nursery hmm. First time I've had to do 'time out' in public. Fighting over toys and just laughing in my face when telling him off. Not so much when he had to sit out most of the fun activity all the others were doing. Monkey. C adores him so copies everything he does....

tartiflette Fri 17-May-13 21:19:04

Gosh I've missed loads!

Chesti I can hugely identify with your childcare worries, we're currently debating what to do when we move and it's just impossible when I haven't sorted work yet - a 2.5hr per day pre school would be fab if I was going to be a SAHM for a while but no good if/when I get a job. Won't even start on how we're going to pay our new, much bigger mortgage without my income... But it would be amazing to have some time to focus on settling us all in.

Cerub well done on your mini break. Can absolutely imagine that it felt like a necessary rite of passage. Bear in mind the smug couples/families at the airport were quite possibly eyeing you with envy. I know you must feel so sad but it will all get easier. Do talk to us about it as much as you want to.

It's M and R's 3rd birthday today!
How are they so old?!

LaVitaBellissima Fri 17-May-13 21:22:46

Oh Happy Birthdays to M & R smile isn't the time flying by!

AtLongLast Fri 17-May-13 22:44:08

Happy birthday M & R! Time is going soooo fast! I look at C and can't believe the boys were pretty much her age now when she arrived. It's nuts!

chesticles Sat 18-May-13 21:47:08

Happy birthday M &R. Hope they have a lovely day. My boys are 3 next weekend. I remember monkey argots boys are about now too.

cerub well done on they holiday. Like others say, the grass always seems greener on the other side. Hope exH is behaving reasonably. I'm still angry on your behalf.

Told the childminder yesterday that we wouldn't need her after July. Although there was nothing personal about it, it's (mostly) to do with circumstances, I still feel awful about her essentially loosing her job. But at least she has plenty of notice so I'm sure she can get someone else. Just need to figure out the logistics of what we are doing instead!

KateShmate Mon 20-May-13 20:17:26

Belated Happy Birthday R and M!!! Hope they had lots of fun and presents!

Not much to report here!

ALL Poor you with Will at play-group, but well-done for doing a public time-out!

Cerub Well done you too! I hope it gave you the time to think about things properly and sort your head out. Really sorry that you're feeling so down, but please don't think that you can't come on and pour everything out - I'm sure I speak for all of us in that we would rather that you having to keep it all in. flowers Being adopted by some Brits and sunbathing lots doesn't sound too bad, so I hope you had fun too!

I can't believe your ladies' DT's are all turning 3 whilst mine are turning 4 next month! shock sad

KateShmate Mon 20-May-13 20:20:38

Belated Happy Birthday R and M!!! Hope they had lots of fun and presents!

Not much to report here!

ALL Poor you with Will at play-group, but well-done for doing a public time-out!

Cerub Well done you too! I hope it gave you the time to think about things properly and sort your head out. Really sorry that you're feeling so down, but please don't think that you can't come on and pour everything out - I'm sure I speak for all of us in that we would rather that you having to keep it all in. flowers Being adopted by some Brits and sunbathing lots doesn't sound too bad, so I hope you had fun too!

I can't believe you ladies' DT's are all turning 3 whilst mine are turning 4 next month! shock sad

chesticles Sun 26-May-13 22:18:00

Very quiet on here. Just checking in quickly. Has been a busy weekend, boy's 3rd birthday today. They've had a great time. Seems strange though, they are definitely no longer babies.
Off to bed, no bank holiday for me tomorrow sad. Hope everyone doing OK.

LaVitaBellissima Mon 27-May-13 08:49:53

Happy 3rd birthday to your boys Chesti smile

Cerubina Mon 27-May-13 11:08:06

Yes, happy birthday for yesterday to D&J, and belatedly for M&R. Hope they all had lots of fun and cake.

Have had such a difficult weekend sad . S&R were unbelievably hard work from Friday morning until yesterday evening. I had my parents here and a close friend but all the extra pairs of hands didn't seem to lighten the load at all, because they were even more insistent on me doing everything and refusing to let anyone else do things for them. Yesterday they were so nuts and there was so much screaming/fighting/demanding/stropping that I put them down for an early nap after everyone left and I think they needed it - may have molars coming through or an ear ache or something - but then they redoubled their efforts when they woke up. I literally couldn't do anything right for S for a period of about an hour - if I looked at him he screamed, if I walked away he demanded a cuddle, if I picked him up he thrashed around and wanted to be put down, and if I put him down he demanded to be picked up again. He didn't want his food but he wanted his food.

All of this added up to a horrible, horrible day with them and me screaming like a fishwife at them by bedtime.

This morning, they woke up with smiles on their faces and of course who turned up to reap the benefit? Their father. So he has taken them away for a couple of days to visit his mum, and it's so easy for him to swoop in and be greeted with delight and have them run for cuddles and reject mummy who's only been doing everything for them while they were behaving like demons.

It culminated with them getting in the car and me leaning in to say goodbye, to have S slap at me and cry that he wanted daddy instead. I am afraid that I slammed the door and walked away at that point. I know he's only two and he didn't mean anything deep and significant by it, but it's such a literal slap in the face. Feel that I have the shitty end of the stick and the man who's actually responsible for all the pain gets the glory. It's so unfair and so hard to do it on my own.

AtLongLast Mon 27-May-13 15:26:03

Aww Cerub, poor you. Sounds like an extra-tough few days. Little consolation right now but I'm sure they'll appreciate that you're the one they can rely on as they grow up. Eventually anyway thanks. Hope you can enjoy the peace for a couple of days and recharge ready for their return.

Yes - happy birthday d&j! Hope you all had a lovely day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now