TTTTT

(674 Posts)
ladymuckbeth Fri 31-Aug-12 23:24:10

Here we go. More unexpurgated chat about our darling angels, all of whom are gifted and have exceptionally calm and admirably-coping parents.

tartiflette Wed 06-Feb-13 06:15:29

Lavita my absolute favourite thing is going round to friends' houses with the girls - none of the stress of trying to keep them calm in a cafe or whatever and you can actually have a proper chat - so I wouldn't feel guilty about having people over, I bet they all love you for it! I'm finding outings are suddenly, FINALLY, getting easier, so there is light at the end of the tunnel (providing they're not tired/hungry/don't poo their pants etc etc...). But being able to drive will solve a lot of your probs by the sound of it; if nothing else you will have the option of just strapping them in and driving round in circles until they fall asleep or you regain composure, whichever happens first!

Cerubina Sat 09-Feb-13 22:56:21

Come on ladies, let's throw some posts at this thread!

How is everyone? Things going a fair bit better with me, the stupid irrational refusals to do things continue unabated but I'm not finding them so hard to deal with. I've had to do a couple of weekends of solo parenting as DH's dad is in hospital and he's been visiting him, so I've had to just get on with it. Mostly without losing my marbles rag.

I've purchased a second hand side-by-side buggy this week to complement our iCandy and it seems decent, hopefully will be good for days out when we want to avoid either of them getting impatient with restricted views. LVB, have you gone c

Cerubina Sat 09-Feb-13 23:00:59

Whoops! Fat fingered idiot pressed submit too soon. Was asking LVB if you've gone cold turkey after selling the iCandy or do you have something else that works better for you now?

Apart from that, we're trying to do a bit of holiday research - hotel with crèche, somewhere not too far but abroad to get some decent sun and good attractions. Any recs most welcome.

chesticles Sun 10-Feb-13 09:05:51

Took the sides off the cots last night. Seemed to work OK. They have huge bed guards for the sides so when they are up it's not that different to the cot! But feel it's another step away from them being babies sad the next step is potty training. Both boys seem completely oblivious to any body functions, so I'm not sure how ready for it they are, but they are 3 in may and start preschool in Aug so we have to be out of nappies by then. I've got a week off at the start of April with no plans so I think we'll build up to going cold turkey then. Actually the next step is to remove dummy/comfort muslin. D is not too bad with his dummy, but j is getting ridiculous wandering around sucking on the corner of an ancient grubby muslin cloth. Ugh.

AtLongLast Sun 10-Feb-13 21:34:30

What happens if they're in nappies when it comes to preschool Chesti? Do they just not let them in til thye've mastered it? Seems they 'get it' v quickly when they are ready so on the one hand it's not worth stressing over but then if you have a deadline.... Hopefully they'll have their epiphany before April & your job will be an easy one grin

We're having a busy time here. Building work starting end of this week so madly packing up the house. I'm shipping us out to my parent's for half term & dp will suffer here. Bit of a prob when I rang one company last week to confirm final details to discover we're not on their job list. Luckily our builder can do it all. Works out better really, but I was ready to cry at the time. Can't wait for it to be done.

Started going to a new playgroup close to home. it's great because i'm finally meeting people living in our street! Funny last week when i got talking to a mum & we worked out that her ds is the person j calls his 'breast friend' at nursery. yet the two hadn't interacted once at playgroup, despite sitting next to one another at snack time. it was only when we worked out they must go to the same nursery that they admitted knowing one another at all and that was under intense questioning.

C finally seems to be settling into nursery. One of the nursery girls was made up that she had bonded with c one afternoon. She's also eaten lunch this week (probably helps with her mood if she's not starving...), cried little during the day and didn't dissolve the minute she saw me.

chesticles Sun 10-Feb-13 22:00:15

To be honest ALL I'm not sure what happens if they are still in nappies when they start preschool. It's 6 months away so hopefully it won't be a problem. There is a little girl in H's class who is still in nappies but she has an assistant as she has additional needs, so the assistant who deals with the nappies. The 'teachers' are a mixture of primary teachers and nursery nurses. It's only 2.5 hours so if they were in nappies they will probably be fine. It's if they wet themselves a lot then I'm sure the staff will get cheeses off pretty quickly. H was such a dream to train. One week ans she was dry day and night. But it was sheer luck, I've no idea how to repeat it.

Glad c is getting happier at nursery. Hope the building work goes well.

cerubina no recommendations I'm afraid. Not been abroad with the kids. We have a week in a residential caravan in Northumberland in may hmm so am very envious of your plans to get some sun.

tartiflette Mon 11-Feb-13 13:17:16

Now then Chesti, no hmm faces at Northumberland thank you! wink
I'd suggest we meet up when you're here in May but we may well not be here by then... <freaks out>.

ALL really glad things are settling down nursery wise.

House going on market next week, I can't think beyond that really but if we get some interest we can start to make plans for a move southwards!

Off to London for 2 nights with DH next weekend, it's a year since we had a night child free so really looking forward to it. I know some people never get this luxury so we are v lucky, we never get to go out or anything just the two of us though due to lack of babysitters, so are long overdue a bit of 'us time' if that doesn't sound too wanky. So easy to be snappy and indulge in competitive tiredness etc during the daily drudge!

AtLongLast Mon 11-Feb-13 22:20:45

Yes, 6 months is ages in their little lives but seems so near grin so always a worry I guess.

We've not done flying yet either. Booked up to camp in Scarborough (i think?) for a week in July this year & will prob do some other camping trips too but then we're happy enough with that. Northumberland is def cool too tho grin.

I'm coming up with the children on Friday tarti. I know you're away but we'll probably be there til at least the following Friday if you're around? Staying with my parents so we'll be up for a bit of respite ....

chesticles Tue 12-Feb-13 11:00:39

Sorry tarti It's not the Northumberland bit I'm hmm about it's the caravan site grin. We went last year to Eyemouth and it was great. The kids loved it. This year we are a bit further south, quite near Newcastle and the site is a lot bigger with pool and probably loads of slot machines. Would love to go abroad, but we've decided it would just be a lot of hard work (the kids don't even have passports) so are waiting til the kids are older. I could do with the sun though. Suspect I'll have a week of haar in Newcastle!

Am very jealous of your kidfree weekend in London. Hope you have a fabby time

Cerubina Wed 13-Feb-13 13:39:46

Unfortunately and very upsettingly I am joining mucky as a single parent it seems. My husband is leaving me.

tartiflette Wed 13-Feb-13 19:08:55

Oh no Cerub how devastating. I'm so sorry, will check back in properly when kids are in bed. Xxx

chesticles Wed 13-Feb-13 21:56:31

Oh no cerubina. I'm so sorry to hear that. Has it been on the cards, out has it come as a complete shock? Big hugs to you an mucky during this tough time.

AtLongLast Wed 13-Feb-13 22:01:51

Oh Cerub! I'm so sorry. Once again that feels inadequate but know I'm thinking of you (& you too mucky). X

KateShmate Wed 13-Feb-13 22:34:08

Oh Cherub sad Haven't been on for a few days and really was not expecting to come on to read this; am so so sorry for you all sad
Came on to whinge about all my petty shit, and it seems so lame and inadequate now.
Am now promising to be on here more to, hopefully, be able to listen to you and Mucky more. Really hope that we can all support you through this.
Sending seriously big hugs, and also extra large glass of wine
If you get the chance, please let us know how you're getting on. x

Cerubina Thu 14-Feb-13 18:38:29

Thank you all. It has been a horrible shock but not completely out of nowhere as last year I discovered he'd been having an affair. I don't know if you recall me being signed off work for a month - it was then. We were trying to work it out (or I was) but he has changed his mind and so they are leaving their families (both of them) and going off together. Utter, utter madness. I can't believe my beautiful children have to have this happen to them.

And Kate, whinge away. Goodness knows you have enough on your plate anyway, there's no competition as to whose posts are weighty enough! We shall all need some lighter moments anyway. x

KateShmate Thu 14-Feb-13 20:19:08

Oh goodness Cerub that's so shitty sad Sorry, but what a knob - both of them. I know it's horrible that your gorgeous DC's have to go through this, but please don't blame yourself for this - this isn't your fault, and your DC's are lucky to have such a lovely lovely mother.
How is everything going? Are you and DC's still at home?

Sorry, when I said that I had some 'crap to vent about and that it seemed inadequate now', I didn't mean that to sound like that - like a competition or anything like that. I just meant that it puts things into perspective, and that there are much more important things. flowers
Am still thinking of you all x

tartiflette Thu 14-Feb-13 21:19:41

How awful Cerub. Your lovely DC will be fine, I promise. But so sorry that you're being put through this. You always have such wise words for everyone else, I wish I could reciprocate - but at least know we are all thinking of you and sending love from all our various corners xxx

AtLongLast Fri 15-Feb-13 21:14:41

oh cerub, poor you sad angry angry sad . I hope you've got plenty rl support to help you wade through the crap too.

what's happening with you Kate
?

we've made it to my parents'. Building work starting Mon so Dp has come too & will go back sun to finish packing / supervise....

chesticles Fri 15-Feb-13 21:38:29

What a horrible situation cerub. Just take pleasure in your kids, stay strong for them.

Kate, hope you are doing OK too.

tartiflette Fri 15-Feb-13 23:41:22

Oh ALL I meant to say, would love to meet up if it turns out to be possible - we're away sun-tues and I have a wedding on Friday. Maybe weds? Or sat if you're still up here then? See how your week shapes up and keep me posted smile

tartiflette Fri 15-Feb-13 23:42:09

Yes Kate: vent away! X

AtLongLast Sat 16-Feb-13 21:25:38

Assuming there's a marked improvement in sleeping after last night's performance shock/ no one kills anyone in the meantime, i reckon we'll be here til next Sun Tarti. No plans really (other than to Get Out) so I'm making it known I may have other plans on wed...

Have a lovely weekend in London!

LaVitaBellissima Mon 18-Feb-13 08:57:03

Just back from Italy and we all have horrible stinking, chesty flu sad

Cerub So sorry to hear that, hope you have some good friends and family to lean on sad what an utter arse, so does the OW have children too? What an awful situation. <<big hugs & thanks & wine>>

LaVitaBellissima Mon 18-Feb-13 14:43:56

In regards to the pram conversation. We got a second hand pram from a friend £40 as an interim measure whilst we keep looking but there just doesn't seem to be the right product on the market.
It's a Graco but it's tough to push and it's manouvrability (sp!) is awful. Let me know if you spy anything that looks good.

I have another driving test next week, and am not feeling confident sad

Also really want to start working again but DP is just not on side about it all. Think I am going to test the water with an old boss and see if he would let me do a couple of nights a week hmmmm.....

Cornwall73 Mon 18-Feb-13 16:51:51

Hi, I hope you don't mind me gate crashing but I just wanted I send a message to Londonlottie who I think is ladymuckbeth (I hope I'm right!)?

It's Gillydaffodil here, I hope you remember me from the TTC forever threads many years ago and also meeting up when you got your BFP with your girls before going to Switzerland. You also sent me a lovely message on Fertility friends when I had my second mc. I just wanted to let you know that I am 12 wks pg with twins!!! We still cannot believe it and feel very blessed.

I have read back a bit and know that you are going through some tough stuff at the moment, I hope things work out and that you can find the light at the end of the tunnel.

Love Gill x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now