Do you always...

(15 Posts)
Posey Fri 03-Aug-12 21:49:52

Refer to your twins (or more) in the same order?
So is it always James and Jessica (or whatever!), or do you sometimes say Jessica and James? Do other people always put them in the same order or does it vary? And if you do put them always in the same order, is it the oldest first?

Just interested. I have twin cousins who are always and always have, for 50+ years, been called in the same order.
I work in a preschool and I would say that we never do, it varies.

Just a Friday night wondering smile

Tigresswoods Fri 03-Aug-12 21:51:30

Not sure. I think my brothers are M&D 9 times out of 10.

TheKnackeredChef Fri 03-Aug-12 21:54:37

Ours are always DT1-and-DT2. Gosh, I feel awful now. Never thought about it before.

thingamajig Fri 03-Aug-12 21:58:39

Me too, I always say their names in birth order.
The other thing I have always wondered is whether the dominant twin is usually DT1?

Posey Fri 03-Aug-12 22:18:48

I thought people would probably call them in birth order. Maybe that's why at preschool we don't as I don't think we are generally told who was born first. So I couldn't comment on whether the older one is dominant.
(I have always found birth order a fascinating subject, and think it has more of an impact on characteristics than gender. But that's slightly off subject...)

bagpuss Fri 03-Aug-12 22:23:45

I don't always but mine have the same initial and number of syllables in their names (unintentionally) so I try to mix it up a bit!

Dt1 is definitely the boss though!

RedBlanket Fri 03-Aug-12 22:29:48

We always say DT2, DT1. It sounds strange when people say the other way. I feel a bit sorry for DT1 so On cards I always write it the other way round to redress the balance.

grin I do the same as you RedBlanket

chutneypig Sat 04-Aug-12 12:23:35

Birth order for us.

xkatyx Sat 04-Aug-12 17:07:31

I do birth order also and always put them in the same sides of pushchair and cot, they have there own sides in everything smile

ceegeebee Sat 04-Aug-12 23:09:57

Me too xkatyx, always in same (birth) order and in same seat on pushchair!

Me too same order but not birth order and same sides of pushchair but thats mainly cos I adjusted the harnesses to them so theres some logic in that. Everyone else seems to say their names the opposite to me it always sounds a bit odd. Were a funny bunch aint we?

harrygracejessica Tue 07-Aug-12 10:04:11

I always say grace and Jessica which is birth order (twin 2 is more dominant though!!) for the boys it's Elliot and Oliver which should have been birth order but Elliot went to twin 2 at 29 weeks so it screwed it up lol. Oliver is twin 1 and more dominant

harry snap my dt2 became dt1 at 37 weeks when they were born he is very dominant!

We dont have a dominant one at the moment. Although DT2 is less clingy DT1 attatches himself to my trouser legs when he is tired or out of sorts. My 2 kept on changing too, infact they were different at each scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now