Bunk cot

(8 Posts)
willow3006 Thu 30-Aug-12 20:22:26

Hi

I bought this for my twins and it just didn't work. Putting the baby in the lower bunk kills your back if you're doing it every day (to not hit their head you basically are kneeling on the floor) and I can't see how he would have stayed in at the age he is now (10 months) - he'd just crawl over the tiny valance thing. We ended up selling it and getting 2 small cots after 2 months!

YeahBuddy Fri 10-Aug-12 22:52:09

I have one of these for my twins - one of the best things I ever purchased! OP, for the baby in the top cot you have to kind of lift them over the bars but you find a knack of doing it (plus most people aren't short-arses like me grin). Contact the Bunk Cot Company, they are very helpful.

Oh and changing sheets is not a problem, I have fitted ones and just lift the mattress down/up to put them on - takes seconds smile

Flooded Thu 02-Aug-12 21:29:16

They are the only people in the UK, there are similar things in America, but they are cots only, not ones that convert to beds. The American one has the bottom cot as a giant draw!

Flooded Thu 02-Aug-12 21:27:48

There is a mn review in the cot review section. The lady who reviewed it gave some helpful advice

Flooded Thu 02-Aug-12 21:27:07

Oo, you beat me to posting. I was thinking about getting one with only the one baby purely for the fact that the top cot is high. I have back problems. But I've never been able to see one in rl. Do you think its a lot easier to put a baby in top cot then bend down into a cot?

PrincessScrumpy Thu 02-Aug-12 21:23:38

Sheet changing could be tricky but if space is an issue then they sound great.

twin2makes4 Wed 01-Aug-12 07:48:16

Hi i saw one at the baby show and thought they looked fab however upon thinking about it there were a couple of downfalls, the bottom cot is very low so to put baby down you would be basically sitting on the floor, and i also remember the lady saying something about the toddler being able to get out of bed easily, im trying to remember but i think she said they were the only people that made them so it may well be the same one, they did look cool though smile

mummypigof3 Tue 31-Jul-12 16:00:11

Has anyone any experience in these? Thinking of getting one mainly for space saving reasons. The one I've seen is from birth to 6 years .
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now