D'y ever wonder why its ALWAYS this time of night when we start a new thread!!

(1000 Posts)

Still searching the shag pile for my Faliraki flip flops!!! grin

Morning girls xx

Rain stopped here - sun trying its best but it is so cold!!!

ChopstheDuck Mon 04-Jun-12 16:02:59

Been mostly dry here, think its the only day this week though. And we have thorpe park book as a treat for the older two on thursday, and archery on Friday. Will prob round this week off with colds!

The sickness bug was nasty, spent most of sat in bed, now starting to feel a bit more normal.

Morning girls xx

triplets Tue 05-Jun-12 23:33:20

Posted long message on her this morning and crap machine would not send it so I chucked it to the bottom of the bed...................now on Becca`s! Just watched the big concert we recorded last night, skipped through some bits but thought it was amazing.................how about the Robmeister Shabs? Gary Barlow did a brilliant job didn`t he? Who was that lovely young lad playing the guitar, looked about 15 and had the sweetest voice? Chucking it down here, great weather for the school hols isn`t it? Off to see Mum tomorrow, she thinks she is coming home..................she can`t and I dread telling hersad Night night xx

ChopstheDuck Wed 06-Jun-12 07:21:53

Morning girls

That was Ed Sheeran, Trips. I really like his music. Love Gary Barlow too, would take him over Robbie any day! grin

It's dry atm here, really hoping forecast changes for tomorrow. I really want to go see my parents at the weekend too, not seem them for 7 months. No point in driving all the way up there if it is going to be horrible weather though. Would like to make a day of it with the kids.

How long is your mum likely to stay there trips? Is it more of a long term thing now?

Morning girls xx

I am not a Barry Garlow (thats what we call him in our house) fan at all. Yes he did put on a great concert but <<shudder>> he is so smug. Robbie?? <<swoon, faint>> OMG I love him - think it is because he is a bad lad grin

We have had a few days of drama here. Dan & Em were having the room at our local golf club. They have a lady who does all the functions and she was going to do everything for them......food, dressing the room, DJ etc etc. Danny went to pay some money off the wedding reception to find that she has 'done a runner!!!' She is the only one who has all the contact details so the poor blokes who run the golf club are dreading every weekend. They have already had two wedding parties turn up to nothing!! Luckily Dan had given her a post dated cheque for half of the money and he has cancelled the cheque with the bank. We have a cricket club about 3 minutes walk from our house and we have managed to book his reception there - the 18th of August was the only date they had available. BUT now we have to dress the room, organise the DJ etc etc etc. Dan & Em are in a blind panic running around like headless chickens. My lovely best friend, Chelle, is doing the night time buffett for them. <<deep breathing, nice thoughts>> It WILL be alright on the night grin

.....and the mighty Lew is 4 on Friday grin

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Jun-12 08:23:39

Oh Trips - it must be awful sad your poor Mum.

We didn't do much over the weekend so I need to be a bit more active with the kids this week. We are quite tied up with family stuff atm and the woofer was ill so we couldn't leave her for long or take her with us iyswim.

DCs seem to do there own thing now anyway. We have an exciting trip to the dentist planned today followed by hair cuts hmm

triplets Wed 06-Jun-12 09:02:31

Morning cloudy and grey...........bit like my head really confused

ChopstheDuck Wed 06-Jun-12 09:28:44

Barry garlow shock ... Smug? shock. <faints>

I've finally got the news I've been waiting for since Easter - ds1's DLA has been renewed [grn] phew! So today we're off car shopping, currently one contract expires in 5 weeks.

LOL @ Chops. Glad you got the DLA renewed - they have been very slow with the renewals this year - its so worrying when you are waiting xx

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Jun-12 10:23:40

That's good news Chops.

X-posted with you earlier Shabs - it will all be alright and a good ole knees-up I bet! grin

grin yes it will Rubester....Dan & Em have a fantastic bunch of friends and at least we found a venue!!!

Em had a massive bridezilla moment ROFL....I dont blame her to be honest. They were so thrilled to have a wedding planner - they just didn't know (and I dont know how they could know) that she was going to 'do a runner.' If needs be I told them we could get loads of folk in our house - even though its a two up two down grin Then we could have ordered a takeaway for 120 people grin That did not help with the bridezilla moment but I did try!!!

ChopstheDuck Wed 06-Jun-12 17:35:46

We have ordered a galaxy! grin mm def not kidding about slow, been worrying so much about it, really couldn't afford to lose it.

Really hope they get it sorted, Shabs. They must have been furious. Is there a Costco up there for the food? Cheap and easy to get stuff in bulk.

Chops we only have 'cheap' shops up here hmm More pound stretchers and stuff like that than anything else!!!

I know it will all be brilliant in the end but it was so much easier for them when they had somebody who was supposed to do everything for them. No worries its not a crisis - just was a drama for a few hours grin

ChopstheDuck Wed 06-Jun-12 20:13:38

<<Looks at stupid poncy hat shops down ascot high street and packs bags for Bolton>>

triplets Wed 06-Jun-12 22:10:44

<<Trips finds hat in loft, stillettos and handbag to match, order taxi and writes note to buy confetti and lucky horseshoe>>

triplets Wed 06-Jun-12 22:16:21

Had horrible afternoon over at the home with mum, she had made the staff bring her trolley walker down as she was going homesad We have to await an assessment by her social worker who might be over to see her this week! I spoke to the physio team who have only been out to her once, they have also promised to go this week. No result from the swab taken over a week ago, I bravely unbandaged her leg to see what was going on and could have heaved, I won`t tell you its that bad. I just don`t know what to do for her, how can we just leave her with a rotting foot? She is very low in herself and its depressing me to see her. sad

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Jun-12 22:16:43

I'd bloody love to go to a Wedding.
We have been invited to one but DH isnt keen sad

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Jun-12 22:17:39

Sorry Trips - x posted x

ChopstheDuck Wed 06-Jun-12 23:14:40

Your poor mum, trips sad still, you are doing the best thing you can for her. Xx

We got invited to a wedding too, and an Indian wedding at that. I was getting all excited, and online sari shopping, but then the invite arrived and it was no kids! And on the last day of term, when dd finishes at 1.30, boys 2.15, so no chance. <<disappointed>>

triplets Wed 06-Jun-12 23:15:50

I have 10 saris in my cupboard, direct from India!

Oh Trips I am so very angry for you and your precious Mam. How can they do that? Thats beyond Victorian times. I wish with all my heart I was closer, in miles, to you. Me and thee have kept each other going for so many years but now I have no idea how I can be of any use to you or how I can show my love for you to help sort 'stuff' out. xxxxxxxx

ChopstheDuck Thu 07-Jun-12 07:24:06

Morning girls x

Wow trips, how come? Do you find problems with the length of them? I've got The punjabi suits but no saris, one day there will be a wedding I can actually go to, and I SHALL have a sari and go to the ball

rubyrubyruby Thu 07-Jun-12 08:08:05

That's a shame Chops - could you arrange childcare?

Our wedding invite is in The States and I really want to go! <<stamps feet>>

Trips - regarding your Mums care, sometimes you do need to get a bit pushy. I don't mean rude of course, but insist on some action and solutions. If you don't ask you mostly don't get. I have a funny memory of my dear Mum chasing a consultant along a long hospital corridor. He was so tall and was striding along with everyone moving from his path. My little Mum was weaving through the crowds and running but still wasnt gaining on him grin I should have gone but she just dumped her bags on me and ran when she spotted him!

ChopstheDuck Thu 07-Jun-12 09:11:33

Unfortunately not, no one around. We also have another invite to one in India which would be lovely but def can't afford to go to that. Whereabouts in the US is yours?

Agree about being quite demanding. I had to go to one of DH mums appointments to try to get some help for DH mum. His family are quite reserved. She has multiple sclerosis and was getting no help. She is very ill now, can't do anything for herself.

This thread is not accepting new messages.